Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya Players Present "Play On" - Tickets On Sale NOW!

Pattaya Players Present "Play On" - Tickets On Sale NOW!

Friday & Saturday, June 1-2, 2012 @ 7:00 PM
    -- Pattaya Players to Present "Play On!" --

The Pattaya Players are proud to announce that tickets are now on sale for their full length, laugh-a-minute production of "Play On!" by Rick Abbot. This production will run for two nights only on Friday, June 1st and Saturday, June 2nd. Directed by Ken Lund, this show within a show will delight patrons of all ages!

Amateur dramatics takes a good-natured ribbing in "Play On," Rick Abbot's 1980 comedy about the offstage and onstage antics of a community theater group. When the theatre group is offered the royalty-free play "Murder Most Foul" from new playwright Phyllis Montague, the group welcome the chance to put the theatre back into the black for the first time in years. The group tries desperately to put on the play, amid all kinds of maddening interference from its authoress, who keeps revising the script until almost opening night. During the actual performance anything that can go wrong does. At the curtain call, Phyllis decides to give a speech on the state of the modern theatre and what befalls her is the madcap climax to this hilarious romp!

"It's a theater group that's been together for years and years," Pattaya Players President Christopher Parsons says. "They're putting on an original play, and they're down to the last four days." The first act takes place at rehearsal, the second act, during dress rehearsal, and the last act is opening night. "Since so many things have been changed during rehearsals, they forget their lines and their entrances are late and early. It's a spectacular mess!" Parsons notes. What sets this 10-character comedy apart from popular Michael Frayn's "Noises Off," though, is that in the other play, the theatergoer has a backstage view; in "Play On," the show is performed to the audience. From either vantage, it means an inordinate amount of physical business to work out! "Play On" features a talented ensemble cast, including Cailin Terhaar, Chris Harman, Jenn Blais, Katie Austin, Patricia Smith, Mara Swankey, Nick Lewis, Rob DeWolfe, Wendy Khan and John Mocny.

Show times are at 7:00 p.m. (with dinner beginning at 5:00 p.m.) on Friday and Saturday, June 1-2. Tickets are 1,000 Baht (inclusive of show plus an "all you can eat" buffet dinner at The White Horse Tavern) and can be purchased directly from cast and Board members or by emailing pattayaplayers@gmail.com. More information can be found at www.pattayaplayers.org. Seating for the Players' summer productions fill early, so prompt ticket reservations are suggested!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya Players Present "Play On" - Tickets On Sale NOW!

The other few posts that were on a second thread and opened up by jinks was deleted because we don't need two threads on this and since this is from Pattaya Players, it should be the one that stays.

Liked

My opinion: This was not a good decision.
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Kjun, the only posts that were deleted were the ones asking for more info on how to get tickets and there were about 4. Why ask and go through a third party when Pattaya Players the people who put on the show made the same exact post? They can answer any questions better. Afterall, can't have two different threads going on about the same show. Pattaya Players is a member of this board. Now you can just send them a PM direct.

Sorry, I didn't see the first post and that is why I posted our PR. Thanks to Jinks for putting information up...you've always been so supportive. As for the questions, I don't know what they were unless people PM me or ask them again on this thread. I am happy to give any information I can.

Also...

This Saturday begins our long journey of set painting and construction for "Play On!". If you are able to volunteer some time to help out, it would be greatly appreciated. No experience is necessary!

We will be meeting at The Eastern Grand Palace Hotel on Soi Khao Talo on...
    Sunday, May 6th - Saturday, May 12th - and Sunday May 13th starting at 10:00 a.m until...?

Please stop by and lend a helping hand! Any amount of time is appreciated. A map and directions can be found here: http://www.easterngrandpalace.com/location.html

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think the questions were where are tickets available.

Tickets can be purchased by emailing pattayaplayers@gmail.com or through any board member or cast member. Alternatively, we will be coming to the Pattaya City Expats Club in the next few weeks to sell them as well. I will post what dates we will be there as soon as we confirm.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by PattayaPlayers
    Sorry, I didn't see the first post and that is why I posted our PR. Thanks to jinks for putting information up...you've always been so supportive.
    You are welcome, I no longer come here every day.

It's wonderful to have the free time to do things that earn money.

Tickets can now be purchased in person by visiting Indian By Nature Restaurant (http://www.indian-by-nature.com) or Yorkies Restaurant (http://www.yorkies-pattaya.com). We will also be at Pattaya City Expats Club this Sunday.

You may also get your tickets online by emailing pattayaplayers@gmail.com.