Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up-date On DaBoss's Condition

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Up-date On DaBoss's Condition

I would like to thank Gay Button for helping me with some technical issues on the software and rushing me to the hospital again the other day. He has been a great help.

Here'S THE UPDATE.
    The majority of the time I am very ill dizzy etc. I try to keep both eyes closed but sometimes I open one for a while and can concentrate and look at email and the board. Most of the time, not. Today I asked the Dr about how much more time til I recover. She said everyone is different and some cases last a week and some cases can last about six months. But at least there is an improvement from the first day So there we have it.

Re: Up-date On DaBoss's Condition

Well, as you say, maybe small steps but a welcome improvement.

Lying in bed with both eyes closed, you know how the boys feel!

Best wishes for continued recovery.

:love4:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Well, as you say, maybe small steps but a welcome improvement.
    Lying in bed with both eyes closed, you know how the boys feel!
    :love4:
    That was really funny. :sign5:

DaBoss, I repeat what I said earlier. Take it easy, rest and relaxation is important in any recovery. I am really glad you are getting better, but maybe you should think of what happened as a warning, and just slow down a bit.

Liked

you must be one tough dude there Fred, you scared all the Boogie men away, a person can actually post here without being an asshole. what a remarkable happy 2 accomplishments, 1.staying alive and 2. scaring off all the boogie men that use to run the board. not talking about the moderators. Those guys who made life impossible for anyone to post if you didn't kiss their ring first.
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

DaBoss...

as clearly stated above:

"DaBoss, I repeat what I said earlier. Take it easy, rest and relaxation is important in any recovery.
    I am really glad you are getting better, but maybe you should think of what happened as a warning,
    and just slow down a bit."

My sentiments exactly!

But, frankly DaBoss... I do not think you are listening...
    I hope I am wrong...but ???

tj
    Tj

Liked

Amen to that Jim. What DaBoss needs is rest so his body can heal. Are you listening Mr. DaBoss. We want you well and shakin again.
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm a listenen!

Liked

If DaBoss is up to it and able, maybe when convenient he can assist others by telling us what he considers has caused his current condition? Is it heriditary? is it his life style or weight?
    What tips can he recommend so that others can try to avoid what he has endured(?)
    Thanks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    assist others by telling us what he considers has caused his current condition? Is it heriditary? is it his life style or weight?
    what tips can he recommend so that others can try to avoid what he has endured(?) Thanks.
    This case may be different but I have known many people who have suffered strokes. The first question I have always asked afterwards has been 'what was your cholesterol?' Invariably it has been 8. 9 . 10 or even 11. I think that is 350-450 in that other scale?

Having watched my mother go through countless number of strokes, big ones and small ones, over a 20 year period, slowly reducing right side movement till completely bed ridden, I never wanted to go that way!

So when I went for a medical [big joke I thought] at 50 before returning to playing competition squash, I was horrified to discover that I was 8.6 chol [about 350] and blood pressure 190/118. In fact I was a walking disaster just waiting for it to happen. Now 20 + years later and having been around 3.5 chol [140] b/p over 70 for past 15 years [with very low medication [5gm Simvastin and 50mg betablocker] plus a constant high soluble fibre diet] I can look back and be thankful for that medical and my following action. These days I can even enjoy my cheese [every day] eggs, bacon and even the occasional foie gras, with zero change in stats.

As I said this case may be totally different but I am constantly amazed at the thousands who put themselves at risk, when it is so easy to reduce the odds.

Liked

Diet and excersise are important, staying away from fats and sugars. Maybe staying away from bois also,as the herpes virus is being linked to strokes.