Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Streetview arrives in Thailand

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

Google Streetview arrives in Thailand

Google maps in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket now has Streetview!

It has not rolled out yet in Pattaya, so we will have to wait a little longer before we get an update for the PattayaPhotoGuide site. However, I believe it is in the works.

Had a quick look. Silom Soi 4 is included, but Soi Twilight is not. (a little surprising, considering that Soi 4 is a cul-de-sac and Twilight is not).

It looks like the drive through in Soi 4 was in the early afternoon, - you can see them getting set up in the Balcony, and some rather startled looking massage boys outside what I reckon is Adam Spa.

Re: Google Streetview arrives in Thailand

Out of pure interest / nosiness can anyone suggest from looking at the pics of Soi 4 for example maybe when the images were recorded as I don't recall that building on the right as you go in only being built recently - or maybe they were just getting a refurb? I also hardly recognize the Soi generally but I think that's more to do with the fact that the pics were obviously taken quite early in the afternoon when I may not have just risen from my slumbers after a late night at GOD so would not be perhaps used to seeing the Soi so empty :-)

In answer to my own question above and just in case anyone else is interested if they are using bangkok Google street view for directions etc it appears that the images are very old as now that I've "gone down" the soi you can see that there were the two Balcony Bars ( one now closed) and also a bar called "lounge 4" that I don't recall ever seeing open even so I'm guessing that was some while ago now - perhaps someone would like to put an approximate date on that bar being there and by doing so then dating the street view pics ??

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked

I believe Bangkok was done in the September to November period last year

Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheBarbarian
    I believe Bangkok was done in the September to November period last year
    Yeah I see it "says" that on the images ( Sept 11 actually) but speaking personally I certainly don't remember the place looking like that, likewise with Soi Twilight I don't recognise half those very old looking signs above the entrance.....but again I'm scared to say anything as it may just be that the images where taken at 11am or such like and if that's the case I probably wouldn't recognise that much of anything in Bangkok as I very rarely make it up for that time unless pressed :-)

Liked

NIrish guy - I always thought you were up early, out for a run then a few laps of the hotel pool. Must have you mixed up with someone else.

:dontknow:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    NIrish guy - I always thought you were up early, out for a run then a few laps of the hotel pool.
    No more like a few GAMES of pool perhaps with some wee Thai hottie, with the only running involved being be the water in my hotel shower just before we hit the sack so that I could give the poor fella the best night he "never" had lol ....... plus the security staff based at the door of the lift in the Tarntawan are under strict instructions for me to return me to my coffin in my room should I try to go out in direct daylight for fear that my ever so delicate porcelain like skin should burn to a crisp and I turn to dust ! :-) lol

Liked

Ah, Dracula - yes, now you mention it, I can see the resemblance :occasion9:

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    Ah, Dracula - yes, now you mention it, I can see the resemblance
    Fangs very much Joe :-) And yes being like the above I thought "now where can I go where the other guys will also be blood sucking leeches" - and so immediately thought of Sunee and Boystown of course !! lol

Liked

you're not far wrong there. :sign5: