Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Wooden cock

Liked

Wooden cock

On my last trip to BKK, I have been in a food market near Luang Prathip Foundation which is in Klong thoei district, I saw many "wooden cocks" on the food stalls. I asked to a women at a fruits stall if I can buy 1 of her 3 marvelous cocks. She start laughing and she didn't say no or yes. Only laughing. A man close to her also was laughing.

I wanted to buy this big "wooden cock" with a piece of pink tissue around to offer to my friend in Paris, but I couldn't.
    I think they were Lao people and they didn't speak english. The man took a strange fruit from the stall and gave it to me to eat. I didn't know how to eat this strange fruit so he took it back and peeled it, then he put it in my mouth and he touched my lips, he was smilling, this situation was a nit noi erotic but this is not the subject of my topic.

What are those wooden cocks for ? Someone know about it ?

Balad Kik

http://thai-d.com/occult-thailand/thai- ... charms.htm

http://www.tiger-tiger.com/catalog/pend ... ghams.html

"Amulets bha lat kik

Humanity has used phallic symbols for calling on powers of fertility, virility, strength and luck. In the West the phallus symbol may have disintegrated, reflecting our collective discomfort with the male anatomy. Throughout many parts of Asia the phallus remains recognizable as a representation of the male organ and is still used in rites and ceremonies. The giant wooden penis-shapes erected in front of the house scare off hungry ghost as in the Northeast are called bha lat kik but so are any phallic image, or lingham, of any size and made out of any substance. The phallic image, worn as an amulet, is thought to bring good luck, virility, and to ward off evil spirits. Usually the lingham is inscribed with Pali and Sanskrit verses. Technically monks are forbidden to produce amulets, but blessing them is another matter.

Upcountry, older men can be seen wearing dozens of linghams of various sizes to protect him from evil spirits.

Bha lat is a verb meaning to take out, release or move. We've been unable to locate the meaning of kik but it is thought to be a word in the Northeastern dialect."

The Men of Thailand 7th Edition - out of print.

One often sees them for sale as small brass animals with a huge penis. These I have often seen worn by Thai men suspended from a cord around the waist. The larger ones I have only seen in temples as offerings to increase fertility.

elephantspike
    Well, I'm not too sure, because Ameretto's English is generally very good, almost indistinguishable from that of a native-speaker, but I think he may be vague on certain umm... anatomical idioms (see the discussion of the translation of the phrase "cake, cheese, and ass"on the latest Pattayagay Weekly Report thread).

I am sorry but I don't know what ass mean, I don't find it on the english/french dictionnary.
    It was a phallus that you referred to as a "cock", and not a rooster, right?

Liked

In the West the phallus symbol may have disintegrated...

true, but they are still everywhere! The Latin Cross that many people not - not a crucifix, however - is actually a very old phallic symbol. It's other name is The Tree of Life and I believe that under this name it is still an expression for a male's genitals among Arabs. Many Celtic Crosses are also phallic symbols, as are maypoles, church steeples, etc. One of the most obvious is the simple necktie - the bigger the better. In fact, in 1994, neckties were banned in workplaces in Hannover as phallic symbols!
    Even Santa Claus can be considered a phallic symbol! Dressed in red, chubby if not outright engorged, his redden face covered with a thick mat of white hair, he climbs down chimneys to deliver presents. Chimneys are long and dark orifices to the home (a symbol of nurturance and also femininity), and connected to fireplaces (and thus there is an implication of smoldering warmth that is connected with this long and dark passage that is obviously a representation of the female vagina). The phallic Santa Claus has to slide through the chimney to enter the house where he has to deliver small gifts that he has created to place under the Christmas tree, whose classical triangular shape is a female symbol. The presents are obviously representing the male's sperm, and Santa Claus places his presents under the skirts of the Christmas tree, accomplishing symbolic sexual intercourse.
    Make's one feel better about Chrismas and Easter after all, knowing what they are really about - Christmas is symbolic sexual intercourse, and Easter is about three guys hanging onto three enormous phallic symbols!

Colloquialisms

ASS
    a) Any of several hoofed mammals of the genus Equus, resembling and closely related to the horses but having a smaller build and longer ears, and including the domesticated donkey.
    b) A vain, self-important, silly, or aggressively stupid person.
    c) The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?" [syn: buttocks, nates, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, arse,

CHEESESCAKE
    1 : a dessert consisting of a creamy filling usually containing cheese baked in a pastry or pressed-crumb shell
    2 : a photographic display of shapely and scantily clothed female figures -- compare BEEFCAKE

BEEFCAKE
    Images, especially photographs, of minimally attired men with muscular physiques.
    Attractive men with muscular physiques, such as those in these images.

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Oh! So you can have your cake and eat it?

Liked
    Elephantspike : You are right, it is the phallus I was refering to. Thanks for your help to improve my english.:wink:

Wowpow : yours phalluses on the pics are enormous :oops: ,really bigger then mines at the market, I am shameful or maybe ashamed!!!. I am less ignorant now, thanks

Cottmann : I never saw those phalluses in France, exept in sexshops but made of latex. I am really improving my knowledge with your informations. Thanks :wink:

Chorus Line

This trail is reminding me of the well know 'enhancement' song from this show

Pricks and ass can change your life,
    They sure changed mine!
    Have it all done!
    Honey, take my word.
    Grab a cab, c'mon
    See the wizard on
    Park and Seventy-Third
    For pricks and ass.
    Orchestra and balcony.
    What they want is whatcha see.
    Keep the best of you,
    Do the rest of you.
    Pits or class, I have never seen it fail,
    Stripper, go-go boy or lover-wife
    Pricks and ass, yes, Pricks and ass
    Have changed my life

The Minute You Flipped Out Your Joint,

We Could Tell You Had a Real Big Bender....

Quote Originally Posted by wowpow
    This trail is reminding me of the well know 'enhancement' song from this show:

'Pricks and ass, yes, Pricks and ass
    Have changed my life.'
    I thought it was, 'Tits and Ass.'
    (But I like it better your way.)

Liked

I have an Ozzie friend............

........... who has a serious collection of these things. He has bought several from a guy that sells amulets of various types and sits outside of the fitness center just near the corner of Jomtien Beach and the Police Post. It would be about right across the street (the north side of the street) from the rear of the KFC several shophouses east from Bamboo Bar.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

fertility shrine by walking street entrance

used to be a bunch of them by the beach near the walking street entrance. I was QUITE surprised and amused the first time I noticed them.

A few summers ago I had some round wooden fenceposts I was throwing away so I made 5-6 of them (phalluses). Fortunately or not, I must keep them inside my home as something like this in the USA would be illegal in public. Sometimes I feel we are still in the dark ages...

KInda fun when a str8 friend stops by my house and sees my "penis collection".
    Told a str8 asian friend that they were modeled after him, and I hope he noticed the resemblance

:P :o :shock: