Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feeling the heat?

Liked

Anyone else feeling the heat?

Is it just me, or is it bloody hot in Thailand right now? All the Thais are bitching about how hot it is too, so I don't think it's just me. I could be wrong, but I don't think it was this hot last year.

It's cooking this year though. And my office is upstairs, so come about 6pm it turns into an oven up here. It's 12:30am now, and just finally starting to cool off enough to be comfortable.

Anyone else feeling the heat this year?

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: Anyone else feeling the heat?

Matt, my partner of 4 years who lives in Bangkok reported yesterday, "bloody hot here darling - 36┬░". So you're not alone. My guy has lived in Thailand for 11 years and for him to actually say it, I guess it must be bloody hot.

Last yer we were in Kanchanaburi in April.Mai and it was 45 and dry as toast. Now that my friend was truly hot. I thought we were just going to burst into flames while walking along the looking at the sights. Even the swimming pool was hot.

I will be in BKK in April (27 - May 12) so I hope to get on the tail-end of this heat-wave, before the rain starts aplenty.

Cheers
    Krobbie

I think I shall make a special trip there to check on the temperatures in different parts of the country. I think it is only fair to get a firts hand accounting of what is hot and what is not.Bee there in a couple of weeks to set up my equipment and to do sample readings of the hot and cold spots.
    Reports to follow.

Bill :wav:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yup, I think it is hotter because the aircon seems to have a hard time keeping up with it whereas last year it was easy. I am concerned that if it like this now, wait til Sonkran in April!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh...you poor babies.

Maybe you'd like to hop over here for a visit in Chicago!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Used to live in the Mile High. A few years when I went back I had to sit in the hot tub most of the time I was so freaking cold! Thanks but no thanks!

Liked

Pattaya is very hot right now also Matt --i like going to the beach but i wont go now before 4 any evening - far too hot for sure

My cute little demon of a bf actually went swimming (well he got into it ,hes not able to swim ) in the pool one evening last week ---- and thats only the second time i ever saw that in 10/11 odd months he has being coming to the house !-- and he was bitching about the heat again yeaterday in BKK :glasses7:

Still beats the snow i think !!

But nothing beats going for a walk in really cold weather for livening up a person -- ah yes ,the cold crisp air ,noses running ,eyes watering etc

Come to think of it a shot of Jagemiester will do just the same lol . :idea1:

Liked

Yes Matt, I feel totally fagged out here in Bangkok, it is so hot. Maybe I should head down to Pattaya for a few days, not been there since last March, so a visit is long overdue. Surely it has to be cooler with a nice sea breeze?
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

I felt for a real treat last weekend and turned on all aircons at 27 C.
    Running around naked with a nice and cool breeze from everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Is it just me, or is it bloody hot in Thailand right now? All the Thais are bitching about how hot it is too, so I don't think it's just me.
    No it's not just you cdnmatt, it has been the one main noticable thing for me on this current visit compared to others. My first day in Bkk i just 'nipped' out for exchange money and stuff from "7", it takes alot to get any sweat from me, but in only a few short mintues out in Bkk i was drenched. That type of heat seemed to set the pace for most of the visit, travelled around alot and found it very hot everywhere. As you say even the Thais were complaining, in Issan North est of Khon Kaen, morning was cool as usual until 10-ish but it went from cool-ish to very hot very quickly, not noted that before. Went to the National Park and waterfalls at Tat Ton, the run over there at about 8-10am was great, sunnyish but not 'hot' but by 1pm it was very very hot, even non-bathers in our party were in the water at the falls to cool off.
    Quote Originally Posted by martin911
    Pattaya is very hot right now also Matt --i like going to the beach but i wont go now before 4 any evening - far too hot for sure
    When in Pattaya i never usually go to the beach there or Jomtien, if going to the beach we usually head to Rayong or Sattahip direction for a day out, but due to 'circumstances' where we landed up not drinking till 4am every night! I managed to get up and out at a reasonable time and headed to Jomtien 4 afternoons which is about the amount of times I have been there in total over the last decade, and enjoyed late 'breakfast' there of coffee, beer and Thai food, with a strong breeze from the sea under shade it was great. Out of the shade and without a sea breeze it would have been unbearable. Going around Pattaya to markets, laundry, errands or whatever from 2pm was too hot for comfort and that was one reason I actually made the effort to get to the Jomtien sea breeze for a change (for me). Usually it will be the beach traders selling their wares which partly puts me off going to Jomtien as you get interupted so much, but I had some delicious food from the vendors, esp the king prawns cooked fresh in front of you.

Yep hot it was, my laundry bill this trip is probably the biggest ever. But my police road stop bill was nil on this visit, the heat seemed to have put off impromptu police road checks! even around Korat only saw one which i got waved through. I did most of the 'A to B' road travel during the hottest hours in the day, air cooled in the car with good daylight for driving and me at my most alert made most sense.