Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pass port control

Liked

Pass port control

Has anyone arrived approx midday into bkk, I just wondered how long the lines were and how long to get through passport control, My flt arrives 1210 pm

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pass port control

yes, have, around that time and also early morning, evening., late afternoon etc.
    There is simply nothing to be said-it remains a wild lotteree. Once, arr on AirAsia from KUL-plane was 15 mins early and in fact i sat in the bus out of Airpt at the official time of arr (also around 12.00).
    BUT' why worry-I guess you have checked luggage? What you may gain in shorter wait at psspt you loose at longer wait for luggage. With all that overhyped sensational records (2 hrs!) I-arr at swampy since it opened at least 30+ times now NEVER ever had to wait more as 40-45 mins alltogether. Always out of airport whithin 1 hr after landing.
    Last time-arr around 21.00-it was plain sailing-hardly any wait for pspt-luggage came pretty quick-and then I went down to ARL and the train just left-making me wait 20 mins for next one. Gone any gained time.
    They have now combined the former Thai/other gates to one for all. NEVER stand behind ques full of Russky or mainland Chinese-thay never ever have their papers in order, do not understand the broken english and in general seem to daft to understand anything.

From posts on another forum, the waiting-times since the bomb-attacks in BKK can be up to 2 hours.

As said in a previous post: Same same a lottery.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871
    Has anyone arrived approx midday into bkk, I just wondered how long the lines were and how long to get through passport control, My flt arrives 1210 pm
    I usually time it so I arrive in Bangkok late evening and I rarely wait more than 5 mins to get through immigration.

But last year I had one visit where I arrived around midday and found myself waiting over 15-20 mins (forget the exact time)... I noticed that was longer than I usually wait. This time it was ok because I had checked luggage (I usually don't) which takes that much time to come on the baggage belt anyway.

I've never had to wait anywhere near an hour or even half an hour, from memory, so I don't think there's anything to worry about.