Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gogo jeans?

Liked

Gogo jeans?

During my recent trip, I noticed that a few of the gogo bars had their dancers in jeans ( no shirts ) instead of their usual underwear / skimpy briefs. I am not sure I can remember them all, but Wild West Boys was certainly one of them. Pretty sure Nice Boys was another. All staff in jeans. Neither of these visits were near closing time. I think there was at least one more, but I cannot remember which bar. :banghead:

Is this a new trend? It was disappointing and caused us to walk right back out of a couple of places.

Good Boys and GUY Club both had their dancers in jeans, but I believe that is their normal attire for them.

Anyone else noticing this or have any idea why they are doing this?

Re: Gogo jeans?

For almost 6 months now some bars have been experimenting with the "jeans" look. As always, some customers think it is sexy and some do not.
    It really comes down to the cry from you, the customers, who keep asking bar owners to try and come up with new ideas and things to do. At HP we tried it one night to see the reaction as we had heard about it and wanted to try doing the jean look for about an hour. Personally I thought the jean look was nice for a short time each night but the customer reaction was God awful and customers walked out. We listened.

How can you check if they have leg tattoos if they are wearing jeans?

Well in our case we wanted to have them in jeans for about an hour so you would have just had to wait an hour to see them in a bikini but I guess if some places are doing it all night you woud have to wait til you got them in your room. Right?

Liked

One bar ( nice boys?) used to have a split group. Most dancers in briefs with a handful in jeans. That seemed ok to me. Some customers might prefer the jean look and it filled a need. This last trip, everyone in jeans, which I did not like at all.

I think Copa used to have their dancers in jeans for the very last part of the night, after the last show for 20 minutes or so until the bar closed. Seemed like a good idea as well. I haven't been in Copa for some time, so do not know what they are doing now.

I don't begrudge anyone for trying something new and it is usually a good thing to have variety and choices. For me, I want my gogo dancers to be wearing very little. As long as some of my favorite bars stick to the briefs, I shall remain happy.

It's very personal, but most of the times I find a boy in a FITTING jeans much more attractive than a boy wearing those skimpy wight tighties.

Liked

It may have something to do with it is against the law to have boys in briefs on stage or tables very very rarely enforced but can be if the police so wish.
    And in the last few weeks they have made it clear they want to close as many bars as possible. :dontknow:
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    ...And in the last few weeks they [the police] have made it clear they want to close as many bars as possible.
    How has that intention manifested itself? Verbally? In action?

What exactly is the intention? Just to raise tea money by the threat? To effect a moral transformation? To close bars temporarily for some reason? To bring about permanent closure?

Is it directed specifically to gay bars? To straight bars too? To Pattaya bars only? To all Thai bars?

As you are in the hot seat, Mark (the one just inside the door and to the left), and sound as though you are pretty definite on this assertion, please enlighten us further.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Just check your local local news, last month a total of 16 bars 14 lady and 2 boy bars have been served 1 month closure orders in Jomtien all for miner licensing infractions being open late ext.
    No body is looking for tee money on this one in January most police officers receive there new posting and like to be seen to be doing there jobs.
    Walking street has had 2 bars closed but for more serious reasons underage girls and foreign workers.
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

Liked

I remember only Good Boys and GUY Club with boys in Jeans, definitely not Wild West Boys. From a year ago, I remember Jupiter 2002 in Bangkok with most boys in Boxer shorts and sleeveless T-shirt.

I prefer boys in underwear.