Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling life as gogo boy in Pattaya to a farm boy in Issan

Liked

Selling life as gogo boy in Pattaya to a farm boy in Issan

Several threads on forums have mentioned the shortage of boys in bars mainly Sunee, and there have been stories that staff has been stolen from other bars.

It was posted that at least one owner and a mamasan from different bars, are headed to Issan to sell the life in "show" business, to poor innocent boys whose future life revolves around rice paddies.

We had a bawdy dinner last night trying to define what the sales pitch would be. Most ideas cannot be printed on this family friendly forum,at least not in the OP.

Any ideas?

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Re: Selling life as gogo boy in Pattaya to a farm boy in Iss

I can say that Happy Place has still been doing very well at attracting new faces. On a recent trip to the bar (Friday night) there were 4 new faces in the bar and 6 boys from the karaokee bars on Soi Korphai that wanted to start working! I will go back tonight (Sunday) to see if they actually did start but they all seemed quite eager.
    You have to remember that M previously worked for a few years as a go go boy in a bar and is the top manager at HP and Jack worked in a bar years ago in Lucky 7 and is our assistant manager. That being said the boys from many places know them and are eager to work there because they feel relaxed working around people that can understand and work with them rather just dealing with a boss.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    to sell the life in "show" business, to poor innocent boys whose future life revolves around rice paddies... trying to define what the sales pitch would be.
    There's no one size fits all with this sort of thing... You just need to work out which benefits will best attract them on a case by case.

I've chatted to a few gogo boys and like to ask people why and how they got into the field they're in. Some of them get into prostitution because their options are limited. Some are under pressure to support their families. Some do it because they're incapable or too lazy to study and get a decent job. They don't want to earn 6,000/month as an unskilled worker and don't have the initiative/acumen to find ways (outside formal education) to make more.

Others just do it because they want an easy way to make that sort of income... they lack basic life skills like planning and follow-through to do it otherwise.

So not all your candidates are guys who's futures are restricted to rice paddies... if you believe that your drag net will be too narrow and your pitch irrelevant to many.

Classic method, which comes to mind for this sort of thing is to bring along your best earner (gogo boy) and put him up as an example... "look at him, he makes xxxx, tell him Somchai"... "Yes, I only work there 3 months now and I make a lot of money... is easy job!" All you do is ask questions to diagnose their problems/desires and then let your live example do the talking to the candidate.

well well well beachy you never fail to amaze me ... not so long ago you told everyone you hated go go boy ... now you are trying to encourage boys to become go go dancers .. what strange times we live in ... how long before you open a go go bar in sunee ?? is your head getting looser ?? :dontknow:

Liked

This reminds me of my first trip to Thailand, twenty-some years ago. Fatuously, and embarrassingly, I suggested to several bar boys that they were making a mistake coming to the big city to work in a bar and that they would be better off staying in their village. I was amused, and still am, that two of them separately gave me the EXACT same reply when I advised that they should return to the farm: "But it's so HOT!"

Liked

Beach L

Do you not think that

1 --its none of your damm business
    2 The height of bad manners
    3 Possibily very embarrassing to the Thai boy

For you to go asking people how they got into the field of selling themselves ???? .

im sure he thinks all of the above .. but when it comes to money there are no taboos where beachy is concerned !!
    p.s. why bother to take the best earner you have ?? do as many on here do .. LIE !!!! :evil4:

Liked

hehe

Thinking of anybody in particular?

im thinking of 1 but i think that 1 is 2 ... but i cant say or else daboss will slap me !!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by brithai
    im sure he thinks all of the above .. but when it comes to money there are no taboos where beachy is concerned !!
    p.s. why bother to take the best earner you have ?? do as many on here do .. LIE !!!! :evil4:
    gee you are a goose do you laugh at your own jokes at home as well

as a mechanic might I suggest he gets a free lube and oil change and a rebore

no I wont go there, startin to sound like brithai