Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cafe des Amis

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Cafe des Amis

I am sorry but I just can not say enough about this great place here in Pattaya. sure, we have all seen the signs, the advertisements BUT have you gone there? So far every single friend that I have referred to them has gone back and goes back often. Blu the owner has made the menu so that it has something to please everyone's palate as well as many Thai dishes for your young friend. The cost is very reasonable and and certainly fine dining way below the price of some of these other fine dining" places.
    So far we have enjoyed their 5 hour lamb shank, and lamb chops as well as duck. We are all going again tonight and I heard that 4 other people heard about it from the guests I had there the other night. Try it and I really think you will enjoy it. We don't make commissions but it does show that we refer people when you make reservations by clicking on their advertisement by going to Gay Thailand Forum and opening any thread. If you don't see the ad, reload. It should appear as it is in rotation.

Liked

Re: Cafe des Amis

Hello Daboss

I like the look of the place on their page, and like the idea of eating there during my next trip in April. Do they have a good wine selection (the red selection is of more interest to me)? I did look on their web pages but couldnt see any wine list.

thanks

Liked

I have eaten at Cafe des Amis and recall their wine selection as quite good especially the reds. You can bring your own wine and pay corkage but my experience was to select from their wine list.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    I am sorry but I just can not say enough about this great place here in Pattaya. sure, we have all seen the signs, the advertisements BUT have you gone there? So far every single friend that I have referred to them has gone back and goes back often. Blu the owner has made the menu so that it has something to please everyone's palate as well as many Thai dishes for your young friend. The cost is very reasonable and and certainly fine dining way below the price of some of these other fine dining" places.
    So far we have enjoyed their 5 hour lamb shank, and lamb chops as well as duck. We are all going again tonight and I heard that 4 other people heard about it from the guests I had there the other night. Try it and I really think you will enjoy it. We don't make commissions but it does show that we refer people when you make reservations by clicking on their advertisement by going to Gay Thailand Forum and opening any thread. If you don't see the ad, reload. It should appear as it is in rotation.

I believe the Chef at this restaurant moved to Maggs on Soi Threppasit about 2 weeks ago!!
    Maybe try Maggs ..excellent food and a 3 course special for 340baht.

Liked

Maggs is good at a reasonable price; Cafe des Amis was better but more expensive. Just my opinion.

I agree 100% about Cafe de Amis. The quality of the meals I have had there are excellent and the ambiance along with the quite capable waitstaff rounds the restaurant out.

For my personal taste it would be a tossup among Cafe de Amis, Mata Hari or Mantra.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't think that 1,200 average baht per meal with starter, entree and desert with beverages is "expensive" for a fine dinig restaurant. The several times I have eaten there the service and food were excellent!

Liked

Cafe des Amis it is then! 6.5 weeks to go and counting until my arrival arty

Quote Originally Posted by stevehadders
    Cafe des Amis it is then! 6.5 weeks to go and counting until my arrival arty

You will not be disappointed. I have had most of the steaks on the menu and they were all good. Last time I had the pork tenderloin and it was excellent. If you happen to be a big eater you will not be disappointed there either.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    Where is the Sign to click on ?
    Im a great lover of food ,and Im often in Pattaya !