Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idol Club

Liked

Idol Club

Ok so it opened on schedule last sat nite
    My plan was to go and join Colmx and his gang after a new visitor left my place late sat nite but plans went out the window a little and the hours piled up :happy7: -
    so by the time i got out of the house it was gone 3 -at this time Colmx had left Idol and gone to Dave -- so i wasnt there opening nite !!
    Il let him tell his own opinion on it re first nite but i believe it was packed -no great surprise there

So on sun myself Bf and a friend went to have a (quick ) look -- Birthday party of Colmx in dave same nite !! strict invitation only ---- NOT -- i think the only requirements were that if you possessed a cock and balls and not too ugly you were welcome :laughing3:

We dropped by Idol at about 2 am sun nite - funny looking building ,purple colour with what looks like some sort of redpainted crown over the entrance -
    See it at Idol Pattaya @FB

Its a big space ,bigger than Nab i think ,high roof ,kind of in a wide V format ,with the smallish stage and runway in the centre and tables area fanning out to left to right
    Finished to a good standard ,good lasers/lights/sound systems as you would expect from a new place
    Crowd on sun nite was not big ,but it didnt look to empty due to the layout --the crowd was mostly in the middle (and would fill out to left and right if much busier i guess
    Crowd was def of the older age group -i didnt see many bar boys there that nite --coyotes were of a more muscular type rather than of the slim type

Price wise it is same as Nab from what i could see -but as we were going on to another club that nite i wanted to be able to take away the Whiskey with us (norm u pay a little over promotion price )and we had stated this when ordering --it seemed this not permited - i am not sure was this due to confusion on the waiters behalf ,although a floor manager seemed to think this was the case also -- but we brought over Apple( Ladyboy manager) and she had a word --silly rule if indeed that is the case !!

My initial impression and( same as the two guys with me) was that Nab/Dave will be more fun -- and Step Up

Not a lot of info - but same same as others --gay club with ,coyotes ,gay punters +whiskey lights and music = well il guess everybody will have to decide for themselves the ans to that -- we all have different likes and dislikes (from what you would garner on this board --keeps life al the more interesting tho !! )

Liked: 1

Re: Idol Club

Quote Originally Posted by martin911
    Price wise it is same as Nab from what i could see -but as we were going on to another club that nite i wanted to be able to take away the Whiskey with us (norm u pay a little over promotion price )and we had stated this when ordering --it seemed this not permited - i am not sure was this due to confusion on the waiters behalf ,although a floor manager seemed to think this was the case also -- but we brought over Apple( Ladyboy manager) and she had a word --silly rule if indeed that is the case !!
    Thanks for the update, but this part of your post I don't quite understand. Why would you even have to ask to take away whisky you have already paid for? Once you have paid your bill the bottle belongs to you, if we are leaving any club before the bottle is finished we just take it. What does the 'promotion'/ 'little over promotion' price have to do with it? Have I missed something here or misunderstood martin911?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan
    Thanks for the update, but this part of your post I don't quite understand. Why would you even have to ask to take away whisky you have already paid for? Once you have paid your bill the bottle belongs to you, if we are leaving any club before the bottle is finished we just take it. What does the 'promotion'/ 'little over promotion' price have to do with it? Have I missed something here or misunderstood martin911?
    Some of the clubs have a subdisided price on their whiskey
    eg. Around halloweeen Dave had a promo
    1200B for JWR, 8 mixers and 1 ice @1200 B - so the whiskey is effectively being sold @700B (therefore below cost price)

When they sell at below cost there is usually a sticker down the side of the bottle with the clubs name and "not to be removed" (in Thai)

We had the same experience on our first night in Idol, Whiskey was not allowed out of the club, spoke with one of the PR guys there and he permitted us to take it out

As for Idol itself - as Martin has said - its very well kitted out and looks like no expense has been spared... all the way down to Idol branded Glasses!

First night was awful though:
    -Too hot
    -No waiters, we waited over 30 mins to get our table st up
    -Older crowd than Dave or NAB (invited guests possibly)
    -Tedious Show
    -Clueless coyotes

But i am prepared to forgive all of that as teething issues
    Unfortunately I am back home now... so will have to wait till Songkran to give the place another try

One thing for sure is that if it comes to 3 way battle for survival Dave V NAB V Idol
    Dave will definately outlast the others.... Only night it wasn't packed on this trip was my birthday (guess everyone was avoiding it that night!)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Well 700 baht as quoted above may me your price but standard wholesale is 640. Add in then the special discounts that Johnnie Walker passes on for making their bottle the promo bottle and the discount the distributor gives.
    and what do you think 6 bottles of soda water and one bottle of coca cola costs? Maybe another 100 baht. So now you are up to 700 baht for everything. They make money and also keep the leftover? And you think they are losing? LOL! :dontknow:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    standard wholesale is 640.
    So 640 JWBs in HP for all Sawatdee forum members from now on?
    Great arty arty arty arty
    (Joking!)

Martin - I see from one of your entourages FB updates that he was going to Idol again thurs night... were you with him?
    Any new comments on the place?

Liked

Just an update

I arrived back to Pattaya late last nite 2am and had the intention of going out ,and Idol had been in mind !!
    It is closed (not sure how long its closed )
    The reason given to my few pals here (from the horses mouth ,but do not tell her i called her that !! ) was that there still needed to be done some work with the sound system
    And there will be The "Grand Opening " on the 3 feb !! (as opposed to the opening that Colmx endured for all of 20 mins before departing for the comforting shores of Dave -last month )

None of my friends here have gone there in the last 2 weeks or so ,so i have no idea what the crowds have been like

Anybody else been there ???

Liked

BF and I wanted to go to Idol last night just to check it out. We asked around and the story we got was the Police were there the 2nd night they were open and shut them down. I have no clue if this is actually true, or if true, why. So add that to the rumor pile if you like.

Several guys we asked had no clue about it, so not like Idol was making a big name anyway....

We ended up at Dave Man. Seemed pretty busy for a weeknight.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    BF and I wanted to go to Idol last night just to check it out. We asked around and the story we got was the Police were there the 2nd night they were open and shut them down. I have no clue if this is actually true, or if true, why. So add that to the rumor pile if you like.

Several guys we asked had no clue about it, so not like Idol was making a big name anyway....

It was the second night that Idol was open was the time i made a quick visit -- granted we did not stay long ,but i reckon one of my pals here would have heard if it was actually shut by police --

Speaking of shut by police --the boys in brown were busy last nite (monday )
    We went out late (2.30 or so ) and headed to Nab
    Bf had rang one of the coyotes there to see if it was busy or not -- was told it was (and when i looked in the door it was cert busy for a monday nite )
    But one of the Managers told us on the way in that the police were closing it at 3 ,so there was no point in us opening JWR--and more or less around 3 we got a call from the Nab coyote to see where we were ,as Nab was shut and it was too early for him to go home at 3am !!

The Nab manager also confirmed that the late club Step Up was either closed or would be closed so no point going there
    so off to Dave we headed --was also very busy for a mon nite -- but i think we were there 45 min when the lights came up ,music stopped ,but we were told to wait -all would be ok (as happens many times ) music started again but after 5/10 min it changed to slow time to go home style -- we waited another 15 min or so before we headed onwards --to jupitor -closed ,and Fullman and any others on soi Korphai - all same same - so we gave it up and went home
    ( Colmx one of your latest conquests dropped in as he was passing lol ,ok mabye he got a call haha - Wow - he is a seriously nice guy !! ,gik material if i was allowed ,-NOT :crybaby: ) il leave it to u to figure out who !!

There was an article in Sunday Bkk Post that there is going to be a new crackdown re drugs /dealers etc and the late nite entertainment venues
    (such a quaint term for the debauchery of Dave and Nab i thought ) would be targeted as per usual !!

So it will poss be like this for a while methinks

Liked: 1

Nab was shut and it was too early for him to go home at 3am !!
    Wow martin911 you are one party animal...not even heading out till 2.30am! You're way out of my league along with Colmx nowadays for late night partying, a few years ago it was a normal 'night' for me to be leaving 7th Hole Club at sunrise, however I've settled down a little since then and to be honest I find 3am a good time to be heading back to the room,so if the police stick to 3am closing it won't be such a problem for us that's still plenty of time to enjoy a great night. By 3am we are drunk-ish/happy but not shit-faced so we can enjoy some 'quality' time back at the room and even something from WatChai market to eat before sleep.

We head to clubs now about 12.30am around the time the normal bars get quiet, this also gets us a decent table at whatever club we go to and with 3,4 or 5 of us one bottle does fine and 2.1/2 hours on top of the bar crawling is enough for us. I really hate the 2nd/3rd bottle where everybody is far too drunk to know what they are drinking, I often used to put only soda and coke into some of the guys glasses who were already fairly drunk and they were none the wiser. I find nowadays there seems to be a specific time in the night when everybody is drunk enough and more whisky doesn't really help the evening's enjoyment much further.(i certainly don't expect martin911 or colmx to agree with that however!)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    I will really have to pay Dave Man a visit on this trip. Although none of our circle ever suggest it ahead of NAB, Hollywood or Tam Nan Chon... Martin911, Colmx and 'anonone' seem to really enjoy it, so I'll (we'll)have to give it a chance.

Any word on T&T near day/night? Disappointed to hear Idol has closed (temp?) hope it re-opens when I get to Pattaya for our fun/clubbing week.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan
    Any word on T&T near day/night? Disappointed to hear Idol has closed (temp?) hope it re-opens when I get to Pattaya for our fun/clubbing week.
    I think T&T is definately gone for sure - one of its 2 shophouses has now been knocked into the next door open karaoke bar and the main door has also now been bricked up... If T&T comes back it will not be in the same location

It would appear that Idol is the Gay bar being reported as searched in this report on Saturday 21st:
    http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.as ... icle=29713

So it may be that it has been shut since then... (but who knows!)

Actually NewAlaan - Martin911 is a lightweight - always goes out late (to avoid the Caberet Shows and Sa-moke!)
    Although saying that i am usually home by 6-7AM and Martin is only getting started at that stage!