Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: tipping guidance

tipping guidance

Hey guys. Been reading this forum a lot lately but my first post. I will be visiting Thailand (my second time - Bangkok and Phuket) and Cambodia (Siem Reap specifically, for the first time) this month. I'm sure this question has been asked repeatedly but I can't seem to find a recent and thorough answer. I'd like to know some basic tipping guidelines for the boys (mostly in Bangkok). Some specific questions:
    - Are there differences in tipping at the massage places vs guys I pick up at the go-go bars?
    - Are the boys more or less expensive in Phuket than in Bangkok?
    - What should I expect to pay at Tawan? I know it is a bit above the other bars.

Also wondering if anyone has any tips for Siem Reap. Both in terms of non-commercial boys (are there any gay dance clubs) and recommendations for massage places.

Thanks!

Liked

Re: tipping guidance

Hi Terry, No need to apologize for asking a question. You will find that tips vary from Person to person. As I am not rich, I try to tip with a level head where I don't want to be the lowest or the highest tipper. Most massage places have posted minimal tips for the guys. When I went to Arena massage I was informed that the printed minimal tip would double if special services were given. So it would depend on where you go. If you go to Senso massage in Bangkok, they are higher in cost but I felt they were worth it.

The last time I offed a guy from one of the bars in BKK, I tipped 1700 baht for 2 hours of their time. I have never offed a guy from Tawan because I heard they demanded higher tips. When I was in Phuket a few years ago, I negotiated with the guys but I never tipped less than 1700 baht even if they only asked for 500 baht.

You didn't ask about Pattaya but I can tell you that the guys in Pattaya would be happy with 500 baht for spending a short amount of time with you... Not all, but most....

I don't know anything about the massage guys in Pattaya.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by T_e_r_r_y
    Hey guys. Been reading this forum a lot lately but my first post. I will be visiting Thailand (my second time - Bangkok and Phuket) and Cambodia (Siem Reap specifically, for the first time) this month. I'm sure this question has been asked repeatedly but I can't seem to find a recent and thorough answer. I'd like to know some basic tipping guidelines for the boys (mostly in Bangkok). Some specific questions:
    - Are there differences in tipping at the massage places vs guys I pick up at the go-go bars?
    - Are the boys more or less expensive in Phuket than in Bangkok?
    - What should I expect to pay at Tawan? I know it is a bit above the other bars.

Also wondering if anyone has any tips for Siem Reap. Both in terms of non-commercial boys (are there any gay dance clubs) and recommendations for massage places.

Thanks!
    In pattaya most guys will even go long time for 500 baht and a lot of the beer bar boys will stay overnight for free. Either way the boys are generally thrilled if you give them 1000 baht for long time.

Bangkok is the most expensive place for moneyboys. The most I have paid was 1500 for a short time from a go go bar in twilight. Over in soi 6 I've had short
    Time for 1000 and long time for 1300.

However back in twilight the boys in the beer bars go short time for 500.

Phuket is more expensive than pattaya but cheaper than Bangkok. Generally 1000 from go go bars and 500 from beer bars seems to be standard.

In siem reap the moneyboys go from 15 to 25 dollars but some sleep with you for free if they like you. The main gay bar linga bar is full of moneyboys.

Lots of gay boys hang out in heart rock disco.

While in siem reap check out the men's resort Sauna. These locals are not moneyboys. I tried the sauna just once and fucked 3 Cambodians in ten minutes and one gave me his number for later.

Quote Originally Posted by brisboy
    In pattaya most guys will even go long time for 500 baht and a lot of the beer bar boys will stay overnight for free. Either way the boys are generally thrilled if you give them 1000 baht for long time.

Bangkok is the most expensive place for moneyboys. The most I have paid was 1500 for a short time from a go go bar in twilight. Over in soi 6 I've had short

Phuket is more expensive than pattaya but cheaper than Bangkok. Generally 1000 from go go bars and 500 from beer bars seems to be standard.

In siem reap the moneyboys go from 15 to 25 dollars but some sleep with you for free if they like you. The main gay bar linga bar is full of moneyboys.

While in siem reap check out the men's resort Sauna. These locals are not moneyboys. I tried the sauna just once and fucked 3 Cambodians in ten minutes and one gave me his number for later.
    That is quite an accomplishment since showers are needed between each session ( I would think ) :8(

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brisboy82
    That is quite an accomplishment since showers are needed between each session ( I would think ) :8(
    No need for shower just change condom. I didnt go into the actual hot sauna part. I walked in and someone followed me to a cubicle. After he left someone else showed up etc. No need to shower unless you get cum in your hair. First guy I swallowed and second guy cum on himself.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

BHT1700 for long time.....a fool and his money are soon parted...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    Indeed. It's a bit excessive. Good on the boys of they can milk thT much out of the farangs though. More fool the farang.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by T_e_r_r_y
    Are there differences in tipping at the massage places vs guys I pick up at the go-go bars?- Are the boys more or less expensive in Phuket than in Bangkok?
    Regarding massage place tips, for a full sex session in a massage place, it would be 'normal' to tip about Bt1000, same as if you take off the boy from agogo on a short time basis, for long time nearer Bt1500 would be the 'norm' in Pattaya and Phuket in my experience. For Bkk my norm would be bt1000 for massage tip, and i have only ever paid bt1000 short time and bt1500 longtime there over the years, however i do know some boys in Bkk expect bt1500 for short time and Bt2000 for long time and so i suppose that would probably be the 'norm' for Bkk. Sorry but can't comment on Tawan, a place i have never been to or would ever consider going to, as i am not into old/old-looking bulky guys with un-naturally 'formed' bodies. I find body-builders repulsive and would never go with a guy who was straight and therefore guaranteed not to have good sexual chemistry with you, my preference/opinion only of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    The last time I offed a guy from one of the bars in BKK, I tipped 1700 baht for 2 hours of their time. I have never offed a guy from Tawan because I heard they demanded higher tips. When I was in Phuket a few years ago, I negotiated with the guys but I never tipped less than 1700 baht even if they only asked for 500 baht.
    This must be the first time i have ever heard of the customer 'negotiating' UP from the boys original request. Where does this 'negotiation' kick-in if the request for Bt500 is increased to Bt1700?
    Indeed. It's a bit excessive. Good on the boys of they can milk thT much out of the farangs though. More fool the farang
    Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    Latinpoxxx, while you seem to be satisfied to fuck anything with a pulse for as little as you 'can get away with' as possible, some are happy to pay a fair, or in this case, more than fair price for time with someone they particularly like, the word for that would be 'generous' not 'foolish' Brisboy82. That said, it does raise the puzzling question of why bucknaway, known by his own admission to be very 'careful' with cash is happy to pay Bt1700 for short time in Phuket when a request for bt500 has been made. Given the amount of time afforded by him in his posts over the years on the subject of his belief (some might call 'delusion') in his 'apparent' attractiveness to all, one would have to wonder why he would need/want to be paying at all with all those 'free sex' offers he enjoys telling us all about at any given opportunity.

This is more an observation based on bucknaway's own writings about himself over the years, than an intentional 'flaming incident' as I wouldn't want to upset the sensibilities of the person responsible for the lastet round of 'moderation' regarding numerous 'deletions' (not those regarding underage comments)on other threads.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    Hi Terry, No need to apologize for asking a question. You will find that tips vary from Person to person. As I am not rich, I try to tip with a level head where I don't want to be the lowest or the highest tipper. Most massage places have posted minimal tips for the guys. When I went to Arena massage I was informed that the printed minimal tip would double if special services were given. So it would depend on where you go. If you go to Senso massage in Bangkok, they are higher in cost but I felt they were worth it.

You didn't ask about Pattaya but I can tell you that the guys in Pattaya would be happy with 500 baht for spending a short amount of time with you... Not all, but most....

I don't know anything about the massage guys in Pattaya.

Sorry but i just want to ask you this ??? --when you say" not all ,but most" would be as u say "happy" with 500b !!-- what the fuck are you basing that on ??-is this what you pay ??

You are here what a few weeks/days in the year ?? so u have got that opinion from where ?? being with loads and loads of guys ??

and when you were here last OCT (around then ) when i saw you (twice ) I didnt exactly see loads of guys in your company looking for your loving -
    Free or not !!!!!
    In fact both times i saw you you were in FACT alone !!!

Newallen asks a good question in his post here --given the many writings over the years by Buck

what a crock of shit!!!! re the 500 b
    Do you really think these thai boys are happy to take 500 b and do some of the things that farangs ask them to do
    i know 2 guys that work in the bars,and that stay in my place ( as friends/to help them out/nothing else!! ) for the past year or so and i can tell you that they are not happy with some of the small money like that that some farang offer them

I have seen some of their ans on GR etc to such requests --/sat eating food with lots of their friends in the same bars and hear how they talk about such farang --its a very hot topic among the bar boys -- they will endure overweight/certain requests, somebody fucking them a longtime /pain etc (many types of tablets to cure a sore asshole ,to enable them to go to work again that day if neccessary )--but" kineaow " (meanness ) is considered one of the worst traits to find in a farang customer !!!--they KNOW any farang that has spent the type of money to get to Thailand has enough to give them that extra 500/1000 etc !!!!!!!!!!!!

No way are they happy to only take 500 !!!

And shame on any farang that does -less than the price of a fast food meal in most farang home country !!!!!!!!!!

Liked

Jesus wept --another tight arsed farang !!!