Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: "Husband "hunting in 6 Asian countries in 4 weeks

Liked

"Husband "hunting in 6 Asian countries in 4 weeks

Have had several emails and PMs re the post to Gaybutton board last week by gay student "Thing", a new poster who has real story telling talent. Maybe I am the last to read this, but it is well worth taking time out to do so.

It is very entertaining.

His link on GB to his blog .

http://thingly.blogspot.com/2011/12/hus ... ition.html

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: "Husband "hunting in 6 Asian countries in 4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    " ... It is very entertaining ... "
    Respectfully disagree.
    As written, it's closing in on 'unreadable'. Just goes on and on and on with some spectacularly mundane observations (e.g. "we" had food at a street stall for 35 baht". Yeah right. Assuming that he meant two (or more?) by the "we", then I very much doubt it. That's 17.5 baht each and that price hasn't been seen at a street stall since the 1997 Asian meltdown).
    And then, on the train: he went to the toilet (!!??).
    And then again: Blow jobs are 'Blowies' to this Blogger ... which could be classed as nothing but the ultimate in downright twee-ism.
    Can't remember the last time I " ... got sluttered ... ". Is that a house construction term? Perhaps Alanthebuilder could PM me on that?

Quote Originally Posted by A Thing
    Day #5 тАж (only 33 days to go ... and 12 metres of scrolling)

I hooked up with James next door again for breakfast and he still had the shitties, obviously he had put in some major ground work with Ter only to find out that his nemesis had beaten him, thus, not impressed. I quizzed James about his evening and another interesting quirk with James is that unless I see him with someone I donтАЩt get the full report. Did you get slutted last night? I asked, he replied with a smile and тАШha ha ha lets not go there. I may haveтАЩ тАУ Hmm 20 questions, um, nah not up to it today, so whatever & IтАЩm not really that interested although I wish he would so he could enjoy himself a bit more.

I pretty much worked out that he hadnтАЩt cause he suggested that Laos was boring and stated lets wander off to Cambodia, OK тАУ when? Umm immediatelyтАж
    So down the travel agent, all flights are booked for 3 days, James says I cant stay here another day I want out, nowтАж OK well back to the hotel and onto Thai Rail & book separate cabins for the train back to Bangkok, if heтАЩs shitty I donтАЩt want to spend the night sleeping in the same cabin. The train leaves at 6pm so we wander off about 3pm in the hottest part of the day and make it across the border with an hour to spare, sticky, sweaty and not at all comfortable + thereтАЩs no showers on the trainтАж
    Sorry Wombat, but I couldn't get past the 4th scroll downward . . . which painfully points to the need for a 'Next Page' click.
    I'd be more than willing to take a small bet that Wombat has been snookered ... once again.

Try this Blog for a little spice and decent prose: http://bangkokbois.wordpress.com/
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

You are very easily entertained, which in itself is not a bad thing. However, I do hope all of you recommendations are not as poor as this one. This stuff "thing" writes is drivel and belongs on GB's board. Are you sure this isn't thaiworthy using a new name?

Liked

It was interesting to me as I have only been back from Seam Reap less than 2 months. I knew some of the places and was in awe of what he does all night, that takes me all night to do. I sent it to some friends who cannot afford to come to LOS this year as a tease and they loved it.

It is a 20yo uni student telling it as it was for him. I was impressed. I reject that it should be on GB's board he is enjoying his sexuality and happy to share it.

You did not have to complete reading it, or to go back a few times to check spelling and grammar as a member said he did ,in a PM.

At times I am reminded at the story of the priest seeing a young boy crying --why are you crying my son? I am crying because I cant do what the big boys do. the old priest got down beside the boy and cried with him.

I reject that is is typical GB dirty thread.

That was going to be my last post but i could not resist one last response.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

There is a middle ground on this. It is quite entertaining and even mildly amusing as a journal of a camp oz student queen's travels in Asia. Only read a little so far, but expect to read more, thanks for the link.

You don't expect great literature, or even just literature, or great truths from a blog titled "Husband Hunting Expedition"!

Liked

I enjoyed reading it. If I was cute and 20 I still don't think I could keep up with all of that. But more power to him. I do wish he would structure the blog with easier to access posts though instead of one, giant long scroll down the page.

when he going to finish I like

Liked

maybe he found a husband

Liked

I just received in the last 2 hours a PM from thing which says in part.

I've just been real busy with summer stuff like partaying, surfing, haha...

I've actually done part of it but haven't finished it so maybe in a week or so.

Melbs hmm I would really love to come down there we shall see, have to drag down some mates me thinks.

chatchya

[The reference to melb is the big big T dance in the gardens on sunday to start Midsumma month.]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That was an entertaining light read... thanks for posting, Lonely.

Haha... hilarious how he calls it "husband hunting", something which suggests looking for a more serious and meaningful LTR type partner. When the reality is all he's doing is traveling around Asia chasing all these one-night hook ups LOL.

I admit it's fun. I wonder if the list of countries where he's "gotten to know the locals" is longer than mine hahaha.

The writing isn't perfect but it's fun, dynamic and easy to skim through. So really, not bad at all for a casual blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    " ... It is very entertaining ... "
    Respectfully disagree.
    As written, it's closing in on 'unreadable'. Just goes on and on and on with some spectacularly mundane observations (e.g. "we" had food at a street stall for 35 baht". Yeah right. Assuming that he meant two (or more?) by the "we", then I very m...
    Smiles... I think you should look at one of your own dull, rambling 26-paragraph posts before you call someone else's writing unreadable. I mean seriously... even some of your 2-3 line posts are incoherent. As bad as Brithai.