Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utopia is now Purple Dragon

Liked

Utopia is now Purple Dragon

Utopia is now Purple Dragon

(As reported earlier by Member fedssocr)

This just in from Douglas Thompson, the remaining partner from the former Utopia Brand name now known as Purple Dragon on the subject of his new company and the tours services they offer.

тАЬUtopia Tours is a brand, not a company. Door East Ltd, the company that owned Utopia Tours, is no longer a viable entity. This is largely a final result of the arrest, conviction and deportation of two of the company's partners, one of whom is the publisher of the Utopia website. The remaining partner, Douglas Thompson, has formed a new company that will follow in the footsteps of Utopia Tours. He is no longer interested in being associated with the Utopia name. The new company is named Purple Dragon. In addition to packages much like those offered by Utopia Tours, Purple Dragon will expand what it offers, including the launch of several India tours and offices in Siem Reap (Angkor Wat), Cambodia and Phuket. Douglas promises the same commitment to service and quality.тАЭ

тАЬWe will send a notice to our 6000 customers at an appropriate time. We are in the midst of redesigning our website with a new look and a new name.тАЭ

A fellow Sawatdee Member (Good Friend) and I just returned from a fabulous tour that Douglas put together for us two weeks ago. Please believe us when we say that Doug put together an excellent tour for our large group of friends to Vietnam. Doug and his company are still very much alive and well and able to meet all your travel needs. Doug can be reached at douglas@purpledrag.com.

Surfcrest

Purple Dragon?

I thought they'd be Poof, the Magic Dragon

Liked

Re: Purple Dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    I thought they'd be Poof, the Magic Dragon
    surely you mean Poof the overweight chicken

I guess the "purple" part is inspired by Douglas's rinse color.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    May just be a coincidence, but there is an international gay travel site Purple Roofs.
    http://www.purpleroofs.com/

Could not understand the purple in that title either.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcraig
    May just be a coincidence, but there is an international gay travel site Purple Roofs.
    http://www.purpleroofs.com/

Could not understand the purple in that title either.
    Well, who would ever believe in a Lavender Dragon??

"Purple Dragon" is a Japanese expression, I believe, meaning the male member.

If it's not the hair rinse or the Japanese expression, perhaps Dougie's just a big Barney fan.

If it's not the hair rinse or the Japanese expression, perhaps Dougie's just a big Barney fan.
    Notice that the domain name is "purpledrag.com" -- I sense that there may be something we're missing here ;-)

Q-tip tours?

Quote Originally Posted by mumbaighost
    Notice that the domain name is "purpledrag.com" -- I sense that there may be something we're missing here ;-)
    It should be Poof, the Magic Drag Queen.