Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manila

Liked

Manila

Hey Guys -

This is a bit off forum topic but indulge me. I am going to Manila for the first time in a couple of weeks. I am staying in Malate. I know some of the posters on this forum either live in Manila or have traveled there. Can some of you PM me with information about where to go?

I am looking up information online but I would like more information. I assume they have money boy bars there like thailand?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked: 1

Re: Manila

I love the Philippines and Filipinos! I suggest you look at a site such as Gay Romeo. I've had good luck with sitting up a rendezvous before getting there. You won't find many helpful sites like Sawatdee Forum that deal with the Philippines. Also, you need to be street smart in the Philippines. Malate is no Pattaya when it comes to walking the streets at night.

Liked

I spend my holidays mostly in Thailand but occasionally I go to Manila (often work related).

I normally went to BigPapa(in Tramo) and White Bird (in Pasay);both are gay bars with lots of boys dancing the nights away and I enjoyed the music as well. The filipino boys are damn cute (in my taste they are better looking than the Thai boys) but altitude wise the Filipinos are terrible. I never figured out how the "off" thing worked there. In Big Papa they do have VIP rooms and White Bird a "private" area. In Malate there are bars with hosts but I was told that they cater to women mainly. But men are allowed in to the bars (I think there is one bar called Valentino?)

In Quezon city there are some more gay bars. Quezon city is perhaps 45 minutes away (by taxi) from metro Manila.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy
    Hey Guys -

This is a bit off forum topic but indulge me. I am going to Manila for the first time in a couple of weeks. I am staying in Malate. I know some of the posters on this forum either live in Manila or have traveled there. Can some of you PM me with information about where to go?

I am looking up information online but I would like more information. I assume they have money boy bars there like thailand?
    Manila is great fun !!! -- i go there a lot --you are staying in the best place for gay nite life --Malate is the heart of gay manila
    Go to Obar ,Chelu ,BedBar -- at the crosssection of Napkil/Arosa --- 5 min walk from Pan Pacific or Diamond hotels

BedBar is the equivalent of DJ station ,but a better dance club,best laser lights i have ever seen in a club
    OBar is the cruisest place there --
    Myself and my phil friends have soo much fun in those bars --it puts Thailand into shade for sure -often we have 4/5/6 guys coming home with us
    One morning we had 10 in tow --, i was staying in the Manila Penninsula that week ---and not a word was said to us as we ALL marched across the foyer to the elavators ,looking totally dishelleved at 7am ,after being in the clubs all nite --

Another good place is Obar in Ortigas !!!!

There are no moneyboybars like Thailand (ive gone there 20 odd times and my Phil bf or other friends never took to me to any) --for the simple reason there is no big commercial scene thre --the few host bars in manila (one in Malate called superman i think ) have pretty rough guys working from what ive been told ,

But you dont need those comm bars -- Go to the bars i mentioned --- There are hardly any forigeners in those bars -- you will struggle to fend them off --and you will not be asked for money ,its not commercial its NOT Like Thailand
    There are als a few (7/8) money boys in Malate -they tend to hang out on the pavement directly across from Obar --

Or go onto gayromeo/grindr ---- way way more guys online than in Thailand

And Phil boys are very very adventourous --- like to group sex party a LOT
    I have one Amercian friend(not Wesely ) that lives there --- most sat nites he is in malate with his reg groupies ,then they pick up 5/6 more and go back to his house to play -- he has a special room fitted out with a sling and other such toys !!!!!!!!!!
    I saw things there no young man should ever see in his lifetime lol

Some of this info might be a bit too much for some on here - !! take care ye dont choke on the sunday lunch dears

PM me if you want anymore info,be happy to help

Liked

I am sorry, I did not catch the fact they had changed the owner and format of the forum, I had not been looking in as often and missed your post if you have not left yet post me and I will tell you what I know after 3 years here in Manila I am sure I can help you with a few things
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Having visited Thailand many times I am tempted to take a side trip to Manilla on my next trip. I am not so much into the "Macho Dancer" bars as the clubs like Bed and "O" where it seems like you can dance, drink, and perhaps meet some new friends for some fun--maybe for a few pesos of course.

What I am intrigued about is that when I've searched information on the web someone a lost always mentions that the Filipino boys are notorious for their scams. Are they really that much worse than anywhere else? Having travelled in Asia and Latin America quite a bit I think I've heard just about every desperate story and then some. Maybe the Filipino boys are worse in some way. Any examples? For myself I try to keep a clear head and give what I can to help out on occasion realizing that there may be some embellishment or outright lies involved.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by asdsrfr
    Having visited Thailand many times I am tempted to take a side trip to Manilla on my next trip. I am not so much into the "Macho Dancer" bars as the clubs like Bed and "O" where it seems like you can dance, drink, and perhaps meet some new friends for some fun--maybe for a few pesos of course.

What I am intrigued about is that when I've searched information on the web someone a lost always mentions that the Filipino boys are notorious for their scams. Are they really that much worse than anywhere else? Having travelled in Asia and Latin America quite a bit I think I've heard just about every desperate story and then some. Maybe the Filipino boys are worse in some way. Any examples? For myself I try to keep a clear head and give what I can to help out on occasion realizing that there may be some embellishment or outright lies involved.

The simple ans to that is NO -- the normal gay guys that you meet in Bed/Obar/Chelu (in malate ) --are nothing like what you describe in your post - and -im going there 20 plus times in last 2 years --- never been tried on for a scam from gay guys
    Yes the taxi/street people will try to scam u --just liks some other countries

Mabye its like that in commercial gay side ---but NOT in normal gay areas !!

Liked

Thanks for the info. It will be a short trip just 5 days but I will take a longer trip later this winter.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked

Re: Bars with boys

Quote Originally Posted by Aranas
    What's these days the best option in Manila for a gay bar with
    -daring shows, going all the way
    -handsome guys (I mean young men with a sinewy body, lean and light muscular, I'm not into sculpted fat or beefy monsters ;-)
    -at a reasonable hour
    ?

Thanks in advance
    I will ask the question from my friends here -- but as its a staunchly catholic country i doubt there is anything like that here !!

Obar/Chelu/Bedbar in malate all have the type of guy u describe and they are free !!!

My friends said that you have to be extra vigilant when it comes to visiting the Philippines. There are just places that are very hazardous to those of our kind. Don't get me wrong, they are very kind and very welcoming to tourists but there are those who would take advantage to the same lot.

There are a lot of places and establishments that would be great for the community, I suppose.