Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 Day Tourist VISA requirements

Liked

60 Day Tourist VISA requirements

I know there has been some talk on various forums saying that you will be required to show airline and Hotel reservations, bank statements etc. when applying for a Tourist VISA. I just dropped off my VISA application at the Los Angeles Embassy and they didn't want to see any of that stuff. Just the application, Passport (and copy), and the money. Took all of 3 minutes. Turn around time is 24 hours.

Liked

Re: 60 Day Tourist VISA requirements

is that double entry? do you know if it can be extended?

The posting on Thaivisa.com that started the whole bit about having to have a hotel reservation was linked to a Ministry of Foreign Affairs website -- But, if you clicked the "home page" button, it took you to the home page for the Thai Embassy in Cambodia. The MofFA hosts many of the websites for Thai Embassies around the world. So, that particular requirement was for those applying in Phenom-Penh. The regular MofFA page showing requirements for a tourist visa did not mention that as a requirement.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

this is of course single rentry-double would mean 2x60 days and double price too- 60 days is the standd for a tourist-visa.
    This confirms what I wrote after the short hype of that time when people unaccustomed to the wilderness of Thaivisa believe anything they wrtie here. This clearly was yet another attempt at getting those nasty visa-runners (=people living in Thaildn forever on back to back types of visa from nearby embassies) away. No prob at all for normal, decent genuine tourists from far abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by netrix
    is that double entry? do you know if it can be extended?

is this in the right thread ?? or should it be in the *what boys do for money* thread? arty

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    this is of course single rentry-double would mean 2x60 days and double price too- 60 days is the standd for a tourist-visa.
    I think you may be wrong Pong. Double entry means you can enter the Kingdom twice during the 60 day period; and your second entry must be within the validity period of the tourist visa which is 90 days from date of issue of the visa.
    Can others confirm?

Liked

Francois is correct. single entry means your VISA is cancelled when you leave the country. 2 or 3 entry allows you to leave and return within the 60 days. You pay more for each entry. You can apply for a 30 day extension while in Thailand. If you only have a single entry VISA, You can also leave the country (take a side trip to KL or Cambodia for instance) near the end of your 60 day VISA (your VISA will be cancelled) and get another 30 days when you return on your passport alone.

Hi

Single entry tourist visa

This visa is valid for sixty days and can be extended by immigration for a further week, two weeks or month depending on what policies are in force at the time at immigration. In theory therefore, it can be good for three months.

Double entry tourist visa

This visa has a validity date of three months and must be utilised for two entries before the 90 day period of its validity. Therefore, you can have your sixty days plus a couple of extra weeks begged at immigration classed as your first entry. Then, provided your second entry takes place before the 90 days validity date, you get a further sixty days plus a couple of extra weeks, again begged at the immigration point.

Therefore, if you are utilising your visa to its full potential, you can use that double entry for nearly six months.

Unless the rules have dramatically changed and I don't think they have, that was my interpretation of it and I did it enough whilst I was ' on bail ' for ten years!!

Liked

So you're saying that a 3 entry 60 day visa, is in essence, a 180 day visa if you leave and return at the end of each 60 day period. I've never heard anyone else claim that, but if its true, it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncat
    So you're saying that a 3 entry 60 day visa, is in essence, a 180 day visa if you leave and return at the end of each 60 day period. I've never heard anyone else claim that, but if its true, it's great!
    cameroncat,

Yes. but:

The main thing to check is the validity expiration date of your Tourist visa in which it states ' enter before.....dd/mm/yyyy

After this date if you have not already entered Thailand, it has expired.

If you are already in, it will have your visa valid until dates stamped in your passport.

That is my understanding of it and it always worked for me previously with my visas. Unless as I said before that the visa rules and regulations have vastly changed,which I don't think they have, I believe I am giving you correct and factual information.