List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you tell your friends and family what you do in Thailand?

Liked

Do you tell your friends and family what you do in Thailand?

Do you tell your friends and family what you do in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Further, we must not underestimate the horrific "press" that Pattaya in particular gets in the West.
    Many gay people do not want to be seen to be visiting an area which the world's media constantly say is a mecca for you-know-what. Some gays will lie and say they are going to Singapore maybe, but many others just wont come at all.
    I can honestly say that I have noticed eyebrows being raised when I mention Thailand/Pattaya.
    In spring, I moved to a new place, so none of my colleagues at work know about my sexual orientation and the most important reason for my holiday in Thailand (which is to sleep and whore around with up to one new boy per day). So when asked about my holiday after I returned, my answers were elusive and general (good weather, nice people, good food, sightseeing, meet friends). They seemed to be completely oblivious of what ThailandтАЩs reputation as a destination for sex holidays in general and for gays in special. If I had told them what I do there, more than ten people would have first hand proof that Thailand is a destination for sex tourists.

ItтАЩs not so much that I care about my own reputation (at my previous working place, most of my colleagues knew what IтАЩm doing in Thailand and this was subject for occasional banter тАУ I donтАЩt mind), but that of Thailand thatтАЩs why IтАЩm scarce with the truth.

We got close to the truth (I was asked if my friends are Thai or Europeans and where I met them, I failed to mention online (dating websites), only one colleague asked me if there are any sex tourists in Thailand тАУ тАЬDefinitely, especially in PattayaтАЭ).

My parents, close friends and all relatives I see regularly know whatтАЩs going on because I told them.

What do you tell colleagues at work about your holiday in Thailand?

Liked

Re: Do you tell your friends and family what you do in Thail

heh, I actually spent about a week with my mom in Pattaya before. Parents were living in KL at the time (hence how I discovered SE Asia -- came out to visit them), and I was staying at Mosaik. Dad was working offshore on the oil rigs, and mom was home bored & alone, so she decided to come visit me. And how do you tell your mom no, right?

Believe it or not, she loved Pattaya. Hated Bangkok, but thought Pattaya was great. Obviously I didn't take her to Sunnee or anything, and the guys at the massage shops who recognized me were polite enough not to come running up screaming, "hey sexy man!" while I was with her. Went down Walking Street together though, and she didn't mind it. Was fine though, and I'm pretty sure she knew why I was there.

Same as I'm pretty sure everyone else knows why I went to Pattaya before. Nowadays, when I mention Thailand to clients, I always have to add in, "but not in a tourist area". And I don't personally care what any clients think. They're after the value I can provide them, and don't give a shit about my personal life or where I live.

Liked

All my family and friends know my preferences - I have been thoroughly outed by my ex-wife.
    And to her total exasperation, nobody could care less !
    Not to rub things too much, I am going to Jomtien, which is true, and less known that Pattaya.
    To make the picture complete, Jomtien is a small part of my time in Asia, as I love Chiang Mai and Cambodia.
    Going to Myanmar next month.

i tell all my friends im going there for the women .. who knows if they belive me or not .. not only do i not like women im not over keen on ladyboys or fems .. give me a guy any day .. one without to much muscle but a bit of defination ..yummy yummy.. im also not sure to many people who have never been to pattaya have any idea as to what its like!! as im sure you wont get to many straights looking on gay boards or websites ... and im sure if you told anyone you knew you was going to sunee plaza they wouldnt have a clue as to what it was unless they had actually been there .. most people would think it was a market square id imagine .. try asking your favorite straight friend .. and if he asks how is michael from the corner bar then ill hold my hands up and admit i was wrong :laughing3:

Liked

I tell them I go Thailand because I need a tan and love the beaches .

Of course they dont know the quality of the beaches in Pattaya . :glasses7:

And I tell them I go party and its the truth , its party every day in Pattaya.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yes, I tell them the truth. I don't go there for sex.
    Seriously the more they try to push it on you the less interesting it becomes.

(It didn't START OUT that way but that's the way it has become)

next time someone asks I think I will say I'm trying to find
    a good doctor there that does a good job on a sex change cheaply-
    I just LOVE filling nosey people FULL of crap

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I work for a multinational and have quite a few Dutch colleagues, they equate Thailand with sex, mainly risky, weird or underage...quite shocking actually..

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    I work for a multinational and have quite a few Dutch colleagues, they equate Thailand with sex, mainly risky, weird or underage...quite shocking actually..
    Quite shocking indeed!

Especially when one considers the:

bdsm
    s&m
    naked
    leather
    dark-room
    jack-off
    boy-prostitute

bars which they have in abundance in Amsterdam - not to mention the area where women sit in full length windows with their tits hanging out and fiddling with their genitals to attract potential customers in to fuck them. Classy stuff.

Have you never mentioned "glass-houses" to these people? I certainly would.

:occasion9:

Liked

I was totally out at work, open about the various reasons for going to Pattaya, and took the photos in for workmates to look over when I got back. The women loved them....thought the Thai guys looked cute and had lovely smiles. The guys looked at them without much comment until later, when usually singly would quiz me about the girls there and if they were easy to get etc etc.
    To cut a long story short, two of the straight guys (mid twenties) went to Pattaya to check the place out, got the bug and go there evey year. One of the girls also went there and is similarly hooked.
    I've done my bit for Thai tourism :la:

Strangely, the only negetive vibes I got was from my doctor. After I got back from one trip, I developed an inflamed inner ear (it hurt like hell), after checking my ear out, he asked me where I got my tan. When I said Thailand, he gave me a right old fashioned look, asked if I went alone, and then asked if I had sex with multiple partners there! What that had to do with a sore ear I'm buggered if I know!
    I long for much. I ask for little. I expect nothing. (Tasso - 1544 - 1595)

Liked

What do you tell colleagues at work about your holiday in Thailand?
    I tell them all about the wonderful places I visit and what a good time I had, what I don't tell them is what I get up to with Thais (both the guys, ladies and lady-boys) as that part of my life is none of their business really.