Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pick and Mix

Liked

Pick and Mix

A few points I would like to make,none of which really need a thread of their own.

1) This board is now a bona fide business looking for sponsors and advertisers, hence the new (fantastic) look. In order to attract people to pay it needs hits because in internet advertising hits are the equivalent of hard currency. :laughing3:

2) Gaybutton. Its HIS fucking board and he can do what he likes with it. :sign3:
    3) He and the rest of em actually hate each other :angry4:
    4) I think they sit in the same bar with their wi-fi enabled laptops having arguments over the internet with someone who is on the next table. :lam:

5) Jinks: I think you should have a seven day period between a new member joining and being allowed to post. Some of the posts recently by new members are, in my opinion suspicious and remind me of a well known poster.

Re: Pick and Mix

I think the Big Three need to worry more about members leaving, not joining

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    As Arsenal noted above in his first point (and as myself and others have said here for years) it's all about click-through traffic [Arsenal said "In order to attract people to pay it needs hits because in internet advertising hits are the equivalent of hard currency"]. Look at the usual grisly buffet of reality shows spread out each new television season: mayhem, abuse and gossip... but the viewer ratings show it gets watched, and the sponsors like that.

But you're right, scottish - it's a "red sky in the morning". I'll let our resident Professor Irwin Corey wannabe Google that.

Liked

Yeah, the amount of censorship that took effect on this board is a little off putting, that's for sure. Seems like everytime I look at the board, there's more posts gone.

Watch, midnight now, I'm about to get some sleep. When I wake up, this will be gone. Can't have posts that DaBoss feels don't attract advertisers anymore, I guess.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Yeah, the amount of censorship that took effect on this board is a little off putting, that's for sure. Seems like everytime I look at the board, there's more posts gone.

Watch, midnight now, I'm about to get some sleep. When I wake up, this will be gone. Can't have posts that DaBoss feels don't attract advertisers anymore, I guess.
    I guess I'm not the one who noticed that. I'm glad you mentioned it Matt.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Totally agree regarding the posts and threads that keep disappearing. It's gotten very noticeable and too off putting.

The more that gets deleted, the less members will want to contribute and eventually, participation will dwindle.

Most if not all the problem members/stalkers are gone now. There's no good reason for continuing to delete posts and threads. Let things flow naturally. Nothing should be deleted unless there's a strong and indisputable reason for it.

I think they're doing a lot of things and making a lot of hasty decisions. It's obvious they screwed up in a few areas, which is understandable. Give them time to fix it and get a better handle on things... just my opinion.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The recent agreement between GayButton and Sawatdee Gay Thailand was recinded.
    I am not sure who originally thought of the idea and it is unimportant at this time. The letter was approved by myself and it was ultimately my error.

SGT will continue as its own forum and make its own decisions as to spamming, flooding, flaming and may, at its own discretion, warn or ban the offender(s). Posts will be edited, locked or deleted based upon the Posting Rules and Guidelines and reasons for the above will be explained.

I wish to apologize to both jinks and GB as I did not think this through when it was first proposed and caused both of them to look poorly in the eyes of the members of both boards.

DaBoss

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    The recent agreement between GayButton and Sawatdee Gay Thailand was recinded.
    I am not sure who originally thought of the idea and it is unimportant at this time. The letter was approved by myself and it was ultimately my error.

SGT will continue as its own forum and make its own decisions as to spamming, flooding, flaming and may, at its own discretion, warn or ban the offender(s). Posts will be edited, locked or deleted based upon the Posting Rules and Guidelines and reasons for the above will be explained.

I wish to apologize to both jinks and GB as I did not think this through when it was first proposed and caused both of them to look poorly in the eyes of the members of both boards.

DaBoss

Thanks for the 'heads up'. Touch of class there when one can admit a mistake. I'd like to see the KQ/Smiles back though. Those guys were pretty intelligent posters.

...Posts will be edited, locked or deleted based upon the Posting Rules and Guidelines and reasons for the above will be explained.

DaBoss

Great news - now why was your own Topic entitled "Coordination" (which had around 6 responses) deleted immediately after I pointed out the deficiencies of the post you had made?

:sign5:

Liked

...Posts will be edited, locked or deleted based upon the Posting Rules and Guidelines and reasons for the above will be explained.

DaBoss

Great news - now why was your own Topic entitled "Coordination" (which had around 6 responses) deleted immediately after I pointed out the deficiencies of the post you had made?

:sign5:
    Christ, you're right, there goes another one. I think there's more posts being deleted than created on this forum these days. Not exactly a great trend.