Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clubs in Pattaya

Clubs in Pattaya

I wanted to visit Pattaya in a few months, but checking out the nightlife it seems like everything is just go-go boy places. I'm in my 20's and was looking for more of a gay nightclub type atmosphere. Any recommendations for what to do for my 1 night (a Saturday) there that doesn't involve moneyboys? Thanks!

Liked

Re: Clubs in Pattaya

Assuming you are fairly good looking, just walk through Central Mall and use your Gayradar, you will have no problem finding willing partners for later in the evening.

If no luck during the day then go to one of the gay Discos' such as Nab or Dave Mans Club and you will have many boys from BKK looking to hook up where money is not the object.

Cool. I wasn't really looking to hook up, just a happening place to go thats not a gogo bar. Which of those two would you say is the best? Are they both gay clubs? What time do they get popular? Thanks!

Liked

From what I read Dave Mans Club is very popular among the gay thai crowd and it starts to wake up after midnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsKhg-IRn8I

http://www.thedavemanclub.com/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thillygooth
    Cool. I wasn't really looking to hook up, just a happening place to go thats not a gogo bar. Which of those two would you say is the best? Are they both gay clubs? What time do they get popular? Thanks!
    i've been to both of these. had a good time a few times at Dave Man Club. i was with 2 other farang
    and a group of thai guys. it's late night...probably not much going on until the other bars close after
    about 2 am. it's the kind of disco where your group stands around a table and you can order a bottle
    or bring one with you. (not really allowed but if you buy a bottle of whiskey at a store and give it to
    one of the thai boys in your group to take in they can get permission. then you just pay for setups
    ice and mixers and any appetizers you want.) you'll probably have more fun if you go with some
    friends, but most of the guys are friendly.

Liked

I would definitely say Nab - it is bigger than Dave, and at weekends has many guys from Bangkok; the music is great :hello1:

Quote Originally Posted by loke
    From what I read Dave Mans Club is very popular among the gay thai crowd and it starts to wake up after midnight.

From those videos it looks like a bunch of gogo dancers dancing around... is it really more of a sit and watch type atmosphere??

Quote Originally Posted by stevehadders
    I would definitely say Nab - it is bigger than Dave, and at weekends has many guys from Bangkok; the music is great :hello1:
    So any recommendations on what to do before like 12 AM or 1? Where do people hang out on a Saturday from like 9 PM to midnight?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by loke

I visited Dave a few days ago with a couple of friends. When we got their at about 11.30 it was quiet, but the coyote dancers nevertheless started their routine a few minutes later. First with shirts, later on shirtless. There were one or two of them who appealed to my taste, i.e. masculine, good shaped bodies but not the Tawan-type bloated Godzilla guys.
    However, our waiter was a scammer. First 100 Baht was added to our bill for a plate of chips nobody of us had ordered. After I asked about this item and of course incomprehension was the reaction. I then made it clear to cancel the chips. The waiter followed suit, took away the chips and came back with a corrected bill which was 1849 Baht. I put 2000B in his folder and off he went. He then poured our glasses and showed no intention of bringing back any change. We decided to wait until a small food plate, which we ordered initially, arrived after approx. 30 minutes. The waiter served the plate and as he wanted to leave our table, we asked about the change. In an instant he produced the folder with some chas in it. With a very quick movement of his hands it looked like he took out some of the money before he presented it to us. As a matter of fact only 120B were in the folder (instaed of 151B). When he did not receive a tip after scamming us, he looked a bit disappointed.
    As I know that it is not worth making a fuzz about this, we did not say anything.
    Later on I asked the waiter how much it was for a boy drink if I invited one of the coyote dancers to our table. "400B" he replied. This seemed outragous to me and I went to ask the bartender instead. He asked his supervisor and then answered me with "200 B". Later on I got this figure confirmed by a very friendly Burmese doorman.
    Thus I recommend to be on alert when visiting this place.
    I guess the waiters are sometimes desparate for cash, as there was not much action although it was a weekend and even around 1.30 the club was only about half full.

Their price policy is a bit out of the normal, e.g. JW Red costs 900B without mixers (mixer is 50B/bottle) and with free mixers it costs 2500B. This would equal to more than 30 mixers for one bottle of JW. The same price difference goes for JW Black.

Liked

This is exactly what I am trying to advocate in this forum for a need to have more gay clubs as the market trending.

.Did we listen to the 20's type o gays want? as opposed to the baby-boomers or retired farangs living in the 70's and 80's gay life.

Time to listen and change guys or as I have said earlier sell your extablishment and the prime locations to who are willing to make that change arty