Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian Tourists

Russian Tourists

Hi,

It seems having a plentiful supply of the ' new ' Russian Tourists is bringing in more than its fair share of the wrong element to Pattaya, as predicted.

It doesn't seen so long ago that the wealthy Russians all the Thai businesses were welcoming with open arns have now been replaced by the less desirable ones.

If you read the link, it's interesting how they are now up to every scam in the book from Robbery to credit card scams to thefts in ever increasing numbers. That's not including all the former " Eastern Bloc " prostitutes operating there.

There is an absence here of British, American, German, French and many other nationalities from the arrests being made, while most arrests seem to be focussed on Eastern bloc and Middle eastern countries.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/ ... ard-fraud/

Liked

Re: Russian Tourists

Leaving certain nationalities aside it does seem that so many people choose to comit crimes of such stupidity in Thailand. I get the impression that they must think the country is is in some kind of technological medieval dark age, that all they need to do is turn up with something looking vaguely similar to the real article and presto...instant riches. How else can you explain the idiots trying to pass forged banknotes or use fake credit cards to buy expensive items.
    Apart from the fact that you are almost certain to get caught, you will then find yourself of a quite brutal judicial system that can keep you locked up for decades without trial.

Hi,

Klong Prem in Bangkok had an awful lot of Malaysians and Nigerians in for these sorts of crimes.

Liked

I don't doubt it. There was and English man on the Big Trouble in Thailand tv documentary facing 33 years for trying to use a false credit card. As I aid, they must be complete idiots.

It takes me ten minutes to cash a travellers cheque in Pattaya and that's at the same bank every time and with my passport such are the checks they rigorously go through.

Liked

Not necessarily Russians, but what always amazes me is the trifling amounts of profit would be perpertators hope to achieve. On watching news, documentaries, reading the papers, people tell of for example being a drug mule or such through SE Asia - well known for harsh penalties - and they were going to get for example a ticket home and ┬г5000.

Hello??? Are you off your nutter to risk 20 plus years in a tough prison for 5000?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thanatorn
    what always amazes me is the trifling amounts of profit would be perpertators hope to achieve. On watching news, documentaries, reading the papers, people tell of for example being a drug mule or such through SE Asia - well known for harsh penalties - and they were going to get for example a ticket home and ┬г5000.

Hello??? Are you off your nutter to risk 20 plus years in a tough prison for 5000?
    I know of people who've been hung taking the risk to make less than $5,000. I have a friend who used to work for Singapore's drug enforcement agency, the Central Narcotics Bureau.

I once asked him how many people they hang a year and he said it varies. Don't remember exact figures but I think he said some years it can be 5 or 10 or a dozen, some years more.

They don't have a choice as the death sentence is mandatory under certain circumstances (e.g. if you are caught with a certain quantity). So when they catch a guy who is carrying over a certain amount, it's as good as looking at a dead man.

I wonder if Thailand would benefit from such a policy. I don't think I would advocate it as their legal and criminal justice system is too corrupt and inconsistent.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I lurve the Russians. the language is so sexy. I love how they look at me like I'm a piece of dirt.

Perhaps it's because I had a Russian grandmother yet she was as mad as a cut snake and a peasant to boot.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked

I noticed many russians in Pattaya ?

I think russian boys can be sexy

But the russians I saw were families....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My "stereotype" of what a Russian looks like (from the Cold War era---thrumpy, overweight Vodka drinking men ) has been erased by the new generation of Russians. The post Communist Russians here (40-20's) are fit, have class, and striking in appearance. When I look at the lean, toned, smooth skinned Russian men, I keep wondering ...Don't they have fast food restaurants and "junk food" in their country??? Americans, Brits, and Australians at the same age are not in that good of shape... Of course, we are seeing most of the Russians here being the "upper class" in Russia.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...and I forgot to say it's great the sexy Russian men don't wear the loose, long cargo shorts, but the short short athletic shorts and tank tops that show off their tone masculine bodies.