Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impressive specials menu --Bordeaux restaurant

Liked

Impressive specials menu --Bordeaux restaurant

[attachment=0:2wdnxrz5]Bordeaux.jpg[/attachment:2wdnxrz5]Probably one my favourite restaurants at the moment. A friend teased me sending emai "look what you missed out on" If this menu is changed weekly, I hope someone can keep it up to date.

Located in Daynight area soi 2 almost opposite Mosaik, in fact Mosaik does rent condos above the restaurant which are very popular.

--------New Season тАУ New Set Menu start 310 thb

suggestions of this week

Made in house Stuffed raviolis with goat cheese and vegetable 280b

Lentils salads fried bacon 220b

Smoked salmon and prawns tarragon sauce 240b

Veal osso bucco 420b
    Deer Venison pepper 390b
    Large Sea scallop BBQ on leek cream mixed vegetable 630b

Order 20 minutes before

Chocolate running cake 250b

Apple fine tart 250b

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Impressive specials menu --Bordeaux restaurant

Have been to Bordeaux restaurant a couple f times with my boyfriend. Nice owners and i really think they should read my comments.
    Im afraid the food did not do it for me for what i was paying. I thought some of the prices were a little to much.
    Can eat in much better Restaurants like, Manhattans, Mata hari and others for the same price. 250 Baht for a apple Tart, thats over a fiver un the UK at the moment.
    It would have a lot more customers if it looked at the sort of prices that cherrys charge. They seem to be busy every night, low season or high season.
    As said the owners are very nice, but there prices are to much for the establishment in which they offer. :dontknow:

Liked

i was told it was good last may when i was there. i waqs Staying around day and night area, and every time i went by the3 place
    it was empty, not a good sign, so i gave it a miss.
    im back next may so if i walk by and they have some customers i might give it try. but i hate going into empty places.

Liked

Price, Hence why they are always empty?

Liked

Bordeaux also has a fixed-price menu selection that is very reasonable and very good. About 300-400 Baht depending if your include soup and dessert in addition to the appetizer and main course. Often the restaurant is packed and other times not so. I have heard various languages spoken their including French, British, German, American and even Australian but not Russian.

Liked

Marigar you are maybe half right. But it depends on what time you go. I have found later after 9 is more popular Also there are 2 sections,

the front which is open air and for smokers, and the aircon section at the rear which is the restaurant. You cannot really see into the rear.

But what good quality restaurants are doing well ? The all you can eat buffets are only full on special nights and I prefer to not put quantity

ahead of quality. Cafe Ritz does very good trade if you like roasts with steamed veg every night. I know expats that pig out at the Ritz 3-4

times a week as the veg serves are huge.

I like to dine ala carte several times a week and Bordeaux has good food, service and ambience.

Their clientele is mostly expats and when Mosaik is full, and it is nowhere near half full now, they get a lot of trade from there as well.

Liked

the place is overrated.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by blueboy
    the place is overrated.
    And which places do you recommend? Or is price the only factor that interests you.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

This is an interesting topic for me, as we have dined at Bordeaux I think four or five times over a couple of years, may be more. I really want to like the place, and apart from a problem with some corked wine that was quickly rectified we generally enjoyed the experience. But always left feeling no great need to rush back, and I'm sorry I can't put my finger on why! This thread has stirred me in to paying another visit!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

I have to agree with the above poster. On a few of my visits to Pattaya friends that live there wanted to go, it was pleasant but not noteworthy, and knowing a couple of wines on their wine list they sure were taking this piss on the pricing.