Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: What languages do promote Pattaya,Arabic,Chinese?

Liked

What languages do promote Pattaya,Arabic,Chinese?

The message on national TV was that China has had a steep increase in tourists arriving in Australia, rolling year ending may 2011 Figures from China were up almost 20% with large decreases from Europe and the US. http://www.tourism.australia.com/en-au/5236_6179.aspx

We discussed in Tukcom one morning the very few arabs that seemed to venture into bars close to Sunee.
    It was agreed that many of the younger ones looked horny and lost and deserved "some hospitality"
    My friends laughed when I wondered if there were any gay Thailand or gay Pattaya sites in Arabic on the web.

In Bangkok it was mentioned there were a lot of tour groups of Chinese but if they come to Pattaya I have not seen them. My comment about Arabs applies to Chinese gays as well.

Probably it is easier to find a gay travel agent who is Chinese, who could or would put together a website about Thailand. I wonder if anyone has tried.

Comments were made that not all Arabs observed Ramadan and possibly there are a few [gay friendly]Arab busineses springing up around Sunee.

If Arabs and mainland Chinese are the biggest volume of travelers, surely it makes sense we let them know Thailand and Pattaya exists . Has anybody tried this?

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: what languages do we target ads for gay Thailand in?

yes, i spend a lot of time wondering how i, as an american visitor to thailand,
    can somehow attract more chinese and arab gay men to sunee plaza. :8(

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by netrix
    yes, i spend a lot of time wondering how i, as an american visitor to thailand,
    can somehow attract more chinese and arab gay men to sunee plaza. :8(
    It is just 3 weeks since I returned from Pattaya and have fresh memories of my last night of 3 bars in soi 1 Pattayaland and one in soi VC Sunee, that did not have a single customer at 11PM. I had of course walked through Sunee on a number of nights and observed few with more than one or two beer bars with expats, nursing maybe their only drink for the night. Of the go go bars I did not enter I usually allowed the doormen to open the door and noticed there was nobody inside.

Netrix your tongue in cheek post ignores that Pattaya is stuck in a time warp and is sliding backwards.

Several months ago I posted about the online Spartucas and was put down by the wise men and elders of the board, who said find the friendly forums on the net. That is ok for english speakers as most gay threads world wide are in english. When I was in Montreal where the locals cant or wont speak english, I had the advantage of out of date listings in english. In Prague, Budapest and Bucharest it becomes more difficult but english listings helped.

Recent figures published listed the number of gaymen in China at between 5 and 10 million. What gay business would refuse to open their doors to a few dozen Chinese per week . My new chinese houseboy mentioned he goes to a local gay hotel we call Chinese take away[out] He laughed and said asians called the Peel, chopsticks and walking sticks. Maybe the name for a new Thai/Chinese gay bar?

I had this PM'd to me re the International gay and lesbian travel association meeting in Lebanon. Note the term familiarzation. Friends in travel have used this free travel perk from airlines, to visit a whole range of countries. I dont recall specifically any trips to Pattaya. If local gay businesses are to tap new markets, they need to identify who they and how to pitch their product to them in their own language. Cut and pasted from a forum member.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 IGLTA Symposium- Beirut, Lebanon

From 13-18 Oct., the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association's Ambassador to Lebanon, Bertho Makso, hosted the destination's first familiarization tour and symposium for travel professionals that work in the gay and lesbian market. Fifteen members of the tourism industry from the United States, UK, Canada, Mexico, Columbia, Chile and Serbia participated.

The Beirut-based trip not only toured the capital and explored its gay nightlife, but also took participants to famous historic sites throughout the country. Highlights included the Roman ruins of Baalbek, the ancient Phoenician city of Byblos, the beaches of Jounieh, and the underground caverns of Jeita. Also on the itinerary: the picturesque village of Deir El Qamar with its red-tiled roofs and the neighboring Beiteddine Palace, an architectural marvel dating to 1788 that now serves as the presidential summer palace.

Participants were also treated to the culinary delights of Tawlet, an organic Lebanese restaurant, and the Armenian haute cuisine of Mayrig. The farewell dinner was served at Bardo, one of the most LGBT-friendly spots in Beirut. Visits to a select list of hotels included the Riviera Beach Resort & Spa, the Holiday Inn Dunes (where the group was treated to a traditional Lebanese breakfast), and the elegant Gray Hotel. The group had the chance to experience the thrills of Beirut nightlife at local hotspots such as Bardo, in the mix, and Milk.

"Lebanon isn't the first country that springs to mind for LGBT travel, but Beirut is getting a lot of attention from travel media right now," says IGLTA President/CEO John Tanzella. "It's exciting to see an IGLTA member at the forefront of this type of gay outreach."

An educational symposium took place 14 Oct. at the FAM's host hotel, the Bella Riva Suite Hotel, which opened a dialogue between trip participants and local gay business owners and activists. Three businesses in Lebanon are signing on as new IGLTA members. A post trip to Syria followed from 18-21 Oct..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IGLTA has an ambassador to Lebanon,[see above] an interested and involved local. Does Thailand or Pattaya have anyone in a similar position. To answer netrix , maybe you should be in Pattaya, is to survive.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    Of the go go bars I did not enter I usually allowed the doormen to open the door and noticed there was nobody inside.
    In my experience, it's often the doorman himself (along with random thugs around him) that end up chasing off the customers. This is especially true of several particular venues in Sunee. There are MANY places in Sunee that I have never visited due to the doormen. I figure, if *this* is the doorman, imagine how the boys inside must be? The only way to get customers who are already "regulars" at other places is to make them feel welcome. If you don't they will go to the same places they always go and never visit your place.

Dboy

Forum's veteran
    Liked

re MAINLAND Chin. tourists: near 98-99% of them come in-big-groups, this also due to visa-requirements (Thailand had rather not have them staying on). They follow a well-set and overtrodden route, maybe this is the Chinese are not very able to think out of the box and it would be an enormous shame to have to tell friends back home that you did not go where all the others went to. Tipically these tours are very cheap and sold off to Thai guides (yes-they have to pay-often in bidding) who then have to recoup the invenstment by dragging them to as many comission-payers (shops, bars, taxis, whatever) as possible. But I have seen them also visiting (and there are many reports on the same from soi Hotmail/Pratuchai) gogo clubs meant fro gays, incl Pattaya. there have been discussions on that recently too. Ads directed on them are a waste-direct you with the brazen openness on kickbacks to those tourguides. In general Chinese are not much aimed at just going to beaches.
    The other Chinese come from Singapore, Taiwan etc.- gays from there are well served by local sites/boards, like trevvy.
    As for the Arabs- I think you raise as such an interesting point- it also seems to me that most European etc. Thai-lovers have set up their own bar/guesthouse/restrt etc. already-with the Russky the latest in this aspect. Strange now that I think of this is that the Arabs simply seem never to have done so. Indians have- but elsewhere.
    Maybe start up in a cheap way in asking about this on the Arab fora/threads, like something like marrakesh.net or so?

Liked

Excellent start. I went to marrakesh. net and on the opening page they had gay forums by country My first loaded only gaypatong and second attempt usin the arab language button , a few more but out of date.

So not only a link to marrakesh but perhaps to more or all countries.

Maybe Nicky can step in in with his excellent site and post a link for all of Thailand. The expats working in Arab countries that are members and can read and write Arabic, could also contribute.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    re MAINLAND Chin. tourists: near 98-99% of them come in-big-groups... They follow a well-set and overtrodden route, maybe this is the Chinese are not very able to think out of the box...
    Pong's right. Most Mainland Chinese tourists are like sheep. They travel in big groups with guides.

Having said that, there's a massive amount of Chinese content on social media sites. I'm sure there's something out there on gay Pattaya and gay Thailand.

Pattaya is stuck in a time warp and is sliding backwards.
    My personal opinion is, let it slide...

Recent figures published listed the number of gaymen in China at between 5 and 10 million. What gay business would refuse to open their doors to a few dozen Chinese per week .
    How do you know if they'll want to visit prostitute gogo bars?

The first thing would be for bars and other gay businesses to deploy websites with Chinese language versions, then start networking with Chinese-oriented social network sites (totally different to what's popular in Western countries).

Liked

Re: What languages do promote Pattaya,Arabic,Chinese?

lonelywombat seems to have a bee in his bonnet about ideas for promoting Pattaya - this thread is the latest in a series he has started on the same theme. I'm not sure that Pattaya needs promoting - isn't it already known worldwide as a wall-to-wall brothel? There can be very few people in Australia - the wombat's home country - who haven't at least heard the name and know something of its reputation, even if they've never been to Thailand.

Liked

Re: What languages do promote Pattaya,Arabic,Chinese?

Whats wrong thonglor are we getting to be competition for your Cruising for Sex site.

We might even start a favourite catamite thread. What do they call them when they grow up?