Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next chapter

Next chapter

Hi Guys/Jinks,

The subject and arrest video raised its head again due to the interest of the programme ' Locked up abroad ' which have said they would like to speak to me with a possible view of airing this story on National Geographic.

I think I said before on here that I was no longer prepared to allow this nonsense to consume my life anymore, it's taken its toll already on me healthwise and I think the story has been seen, heard and around enough for people to know who was telling the truth and who wasn't. After that, it's really up to them what they choose to believe.

I am never going to accept the conviction because it was wrongful. If my story being highlighted many times stops this happening to anybody else, then some good has come out of it.

I cannot say I am particularly upset by the demise of Pattaya as a gay destination, but I still have friends there and so don't wish to gloat and hope for them they survive the downturn and their businesses flourish. There are some nice genuine guys in Pattaya that have been very good to me throughout.

I, as you know have been in P.D.R. Lao, and am now in Siem Reap. I don't honestly know what the future holds but its been an interesting visit so far. I can't comment yet on Cambodia as I just arrived, but I loved the Lao guys. Any future places I may open, would have to be discussed first with Tam, my partner of 15 years plus.

I may do nothing and just keep a lid on the drinking and wander around. I may have to return to the UK at short notice as my mother is now in extremely poor health, I have been nursing her whilst in the UK, as my two brothers who cared for her died within three months of each other whilst I was in the Bangkok Hilton. I therefore have bigger things on my mind and trying to get an extension built on my sisters house to accommodate my mother as she requires care 24/7.

I have purchased a house for my two sons to share,free of mortgage. They can then sell it and will both have substantial deposits if they move on and get married. I think then I've covered the bases family wise and can try and get on with the time I have left with Tam.

Cheers all, just for background this is what they had to say:

Rawtv Development 10 June at 23:04 Report

Dear Kevin,

I am writing from a television production company based in London, UK. We produce the television programme Locked Up Abroad for National Geographic US. We are currently looking for new episodes for our seventh series. I found a article on the internet about your ordeal in Thailand and I hope you donтАЩt mind me contacting you so directly through facebook.

Each episode of Locked up Abroad is a cautionary tale about someone who has lost their freedom far from their home through bad luck. All episodes seek to educate and deter people from falling into the same trap.

We compensate all contributors for the exchange of their story and if convenient would fly you to London for three days, of which one day would be taken up by a camera interview for the episode.

It would be great if we could just have a brief and informal chat which would carry no obligations to participate, just to talk about your ordeal and give you the opportunity to ask any questions about the development process.

Here is a link to the programme website, where you can watch past programmes http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/s ... l/Overview and below is a link to our company website.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Julia

Julia Nottingham
    Development Assistant Producer

Liked

Re: Next chapter

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Hi Guys/Jinks,

The subject and arrest video raised its head again due to the interest of the programme ' Locked up abroad ' which have said they would like to speak to me with a possible view of airing this story on National Geographic.

I think I said before on here that I was no longer prepared to allow this nonsense to consume my life anymore, it's taken its toll already on me healthwise and I think the story has been seen, heard and around enough for people to know who was telling the truth and who wasn't. After that, it's really up to them what they choose to believe.

I am never going to accept the conviction because it was wrongful. If my story being highlighted many times stops this happening to anybody else, then some good has come out of it.
    I am a little confused here (not that rare of a occurrence anymore), are you going to do your story or not? I hope you do as it just may stop what happened to you from happening to another. Also, in many ways your struggle was inspirational to others. You fought against a corrupt system that jailed you, and yet in spite of all the hardship and turmoil you went through, you still endured and are now moving on. I do not know what others think or really care what they think, but I do admire you courage and your strength of will and think your story should be told for those reasons alone.

Please, I do have some idea about how painful it must be to drag up some of these memories, but one of the best ways to deal with Trauma is to talk about it. I, for one, would really hope you would reconsider, and give them your story. National Geo is a great platform and I am sure with the tons of documentation, Drummond reports and past history of you ex-partner you will come off as the good guy. I cannot think of a better platform for your story, and really think it should be told Internationally.
    Maybe you can tell them you will think about it? :clock:

Liked

I agree that you ought to do the Locked Up Abroad programme. It is a quality series, apparently hugely popular and viewed(take a look at it on You Tube) and you would be doing an enormous amount of good telling about what happened and how your were set up. The programme will be seen by millions and what better way to get back at those responsible for the injustice that befell you?
    A picture speaks a thousand words. Those who wanted to destroy you need to be revealed as extensively as possible so as to warn others and to at least give you some closure and justice.

The people who are responsible have to account for their actions, someday, sometime, be brought to justice before a court of law or God himself.
    The newspaper articles speak for themselves as to what happened and the court case of liable from those individuals against the newspaper reporter and the newspaper speak for itself. The reporter was not committing liable. Case dismissed.

Since all of this keeps coming to light, people know and people are much more wary of the individuals involved, although some still fall for them hook line and sinker, like these Swiss people who eventually woke up and smelled the coffee.

These articles need to keep being brought up so that newcomers to Thailand as well as people that never read about it are aware. It also keeps everyone on there toes and watching, knowing that EYES are upon them. Watching and waiting for them to have a go at their next target, so that maybe next time, they get caught.

I think it should be brought up constantly on the forums, in the newspapers, on television on radio.

I wish you the best, no matter what you decide Kevin. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattaya Male
    I wish you the best, no matter what you decide Kevin. Hope you enjoy your trip.
    Same same Kevin. Enjoy your trip. I look forward to catching up with you again in the near future.

Choc Dee,

George.

You are a true gentleman Kevin who considering the evil done to you show a great strength of character. I am honoured to be your friend, and wish you well in all that you may do.

All the people clamouring for Kevin to stir up all the agony again, ought to examine their motives.

Kevin has indicated a number of times that he wishes to "move on".
    I take that to mean that he does not see it as his role in life to provide either "entertainment" or "cautionary tales" for interested observers - but simply to put all this behind him and to get on with his "new" life.

All the old women sitting round the SGT guillotine doing their knitting ought to respect this, stop pushing their own agendas, and let Kevin do whatever it is he wants to do, wherever he wants to do it.

If they really want to take on the villains of the piece (instead of sitting on the sidelines goading other people to do so) they know who and where they are.

:occasion9:

Liked: 1

Kevin

The desision is yours wether or not to do the programe. My opinion is that The Thai and possibly the British authorities just want this to go away and dissappear into the archives. By doing the programe you will keep the story of your injustice alive.

The programme Locked up abroad is on TV around the world, even here in Saudi. Don't let your story die. The more it keeps popping up the better chance of justice. Look at Murdoch, the story just wouldn't go away and now the British Govenment have been forced to act.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Scottish, while I agree with you wholeheartedly, you see that jinks locked the thread that beachlover started. This would have accomplished anyone who wanted to remind readers about what happened without Kevin' consent. But as you can see, jinks wanted Kevins approval. That caused some to direct their attention to getting his approval.

I do agree that Kevin has said that he wants to move on and I respect that, but you do notice that whenever something comes up about Boyztown and the "sisters" , that he reminds people how evil they are and what they have done. In that he has communicated with Locked Up Abroad, that also shows that he would like to keep people reminded as to what some gentlemen are capable of, no?