Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jomtien area and bars.

Liked: 1

Jomtien area and bars.

Reading the thread about bar closures mentioning Jomtien reminded me that I forgot to include Jomtien in my Pattaya observations thread.

Visited there a couple of times just for a change from downtown Pattaya and to have a 4-6pm stroll by the beach and enjoy the late afternoon coolness there. Quiet with regards to customers of course due to low season but all the bars had plenty of staff. Went to Bondi at 6pm to find it very busy, all the front tables were taken with a couple having 4-5 customers at them. Some nice waiters here and excellent service, great place to enjoy the early evening cool breeze.

Headed up towards Jomtien Complex had a snack at Dicks which only had two other customers, the gay massage shops either side of Dicks had plenty of staff but only saw a couple of customers venture in. Then headed round to Two Faces to find they had a few customers and again nice, efficient staff and waiters. Then crossed over the soi to another bar (forget name) for a game of pool with enthusiastic staff, so that proved to be a bit of fun. Stopped in by Ganymede, already some customers on the terrace, and sat with a couple of nice staff members and had good time. Lets face it, a barbeer irrespective of where it is located can be enjoyed if the staff members are enthusiastic enough and it's this interaction along with decent drinks which pretty much make a place so in that respect I enjoyed all the bars I visited here. There are times I just like to enjoy a drink on my own and take in the passing people traffic and catch my breath before a night on the town, but all the bars I visited in Jomtien had staff keen to chat and lark about.

Don't know about later in the evening/night but Jomtien is certainly worth an early evening visit in my book, and a change from the Pattaya area/venues.

Didn't stay late there, only to about 9pm then headed back on the Ruski Songtaew with the Jomtien hotel dwellers as they headed back into Pattaya for their evening of walking around the area with water/beer/coke bottle in hand. There may be a huge number of Russian/eastern bloc tourists but from what I could see the bars don't seem to enjoy that much custom from them, all they seem to do is go around 'window shopping'.

As I wasn't in Jomtien later in the evening didn't get a chance to visit The Venue show, which was well recommended by many in the bars in the area. I got off at the Arab quarter across from walking st and walked down soi vc? back to Day/Night. There seems to be an even bigger increase in middle-eatern themed bars than my last visit. But there is one thing about the Arab guys, they do give alot of custom to their bars, quite a few were actually full back-of 9pm. The 650cc and up, bikes they speed around in is a continual pest however taking this route, just a matter of time before there is a major accident in this area as I have witness so many near misses. In this respect they are a bunch of freekin nutters.

Liked

Re: Jomtien area and bars.

Thanks for that I like ganymede. Hope to see more of Bamboo and Bondi , great spots after a day on the beach

Forum's veteran
    Liked

uestion Mark and others are fun too.

Newalaan Wrote...

Don't know about later in the evening/night but Jomtien is certainly worth an early evening visit in my book
    After 9:00 PM is when things pick up in the Plaza.

There are as many (or more boys) working the bars in the Plaza than in Sunee Plaza or Boyztown which is a real change from yesrs gone by. The Venue was packed nearly every noight during my last holiday (April - June) and there must have been 100 eager boys hanging around the beer bars evry night. Dolce Vita and L & N Bars pack in the most boys. Two Faces, Querstion Mark and the others also have plenty of smiling faces on hand.

Like all the other areas and venues, all they need is more customers.

I was up there several years ago....nowhere close to now.
    The thing that bothered me and I never went back was the lack of airconditioning. Most places were open air and us heavy girls dont do well in the heat! :sign5:
    Has any of that changed so that it would be worth my revisiting?
    :dontknow: :dontknow:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    I was up there several years ago....nowhere close to now.
    The thing that bothered me and I never went back was the lack of airconditioning. Most places were open air and us heavy girls dont do well in the heat! :sign5:
    Has any of that changed so that it would be worth my revisiting?
    :dontknow: :dontknow:
    There was a distinct lack of aircon around jomtien when I was there a few
    Months ago

Liked: 1

The thing that bothered me and I never went back was the lack of airconditioning. Most places were open air and us heavy girls dont do well in the heat! Has any of that changed so that it would be worth my revisiting?
    Didn't even notice Justme, but would think no change in the aircon situation, a combination of being engrossed with the fun and I think more likely, the waiters in all the bars were very efficient/helpful and i'm sure if I sat in a seat not directly in the line of a fan they either suggested a better seat or moved a fan or two in my direction. At Bondi the sea breeze seemed to take care of the cool air.

But despite the lack of aircon probably still worth a visit, just get the guys to position the free-standing fans to your liking, all the bars had roof and free standing fans. A change from the PL soi2 vista if nothing else.

Liked

Most places were open air and us heavy girls dont do well in the heat!
    ... even though I dont use it much, I have a cock between my legs and I am a man.
    Confused? Why not just pop in and see Dr Olivier in Soi Day Night. He'll soon have those feet in stirrups and give you a medical opinion.

http://www.dr-olivier-clinic.com/

... I have a cock between my legs...
    Yes, but whose?

:rolling:

Liked

I must always be unlucky when I go to the Jomtein bars. Last few times the place has looked like a movie back lot for a Clint Eastwood western..all it needed was some tumbleweed blowing up the soi and Clint in his poncho standing there in his 'man with no name pose'. Pattaya could do with a decent option to the 'sleazy' type Sunee area and the 'up their own arse' Boyz Town area who think they are Pattaya's No1 boy bar area and here's our over the top prices to prove it....Come on Jomtein! Get a comittee going and turn it into an area that everyone wants to go to....
    I long for much. I ask for little. I expect nothing. (Tasso - 1544 - 1595)

Completely agree with all your observations.

:notworthy: