Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot News >>>Latest Gay Boutique Hotel

Liked
    Maybe I should call up the stores and pretend that I am buying all the brick hard mattresses so that they will be forced to buy softer mattresses for their beds. :geek:

These are the good'ol days

Liked
    LMTY ... is that the old Siam Thani (looking around furtively in case Carnarvon is lurking) property?
    There was a rumour/news(?) floating around the Board some months ago that it was bought by the same folks who own Howards.

If so, I hope it has better luck than the original, as it comes with less-than-fabulous karma/fengshui/land spirits/leprechauns or whatever variety of positive (or negative) aura you believe buildings possess. (For myself, I just like 'em built to code :blackeye: )

BY the way ... in your opinion, what exactly constitutes a "boutique" hotel, as opposed to ~ let's say ~ a "nice" hotel, or a "fancy" hotel, or an "overpriced" hotel, or a "dump"? I've never actually understood the word "boutique" in relationship to a hotel. It's usually just the owners saying it's a "boutique". Do you think that makes it so ... whatever it is?

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

"boutique.."

boutique is a word generally used by us more refined folk instead of saying "piss elegant" ( the type of language an Edith would use).

However when used in connection with gay hotels they generally are far from "boutique" and usually more like piss palaces as we all know most queen's taste is well, in their arse, so to speak.

However this boutique hotel may break the mould as everyone knows the owner is a charming chap and when LMTU says I will be "pampered" he well knows I have extremely high standards.

Curtains on the window, a bed and a sink to piss in are all some the exacting high standards I expect so I 'm looking forward to this one. I'd consider "pampering" to be something like a personal introduction to the cockroaches by the GM.
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

A "boutique hotel" is one that doesn't cater for the masses it usually has a limited number of rooms and is most often not multi storied and has a bit of a garden, it can be a dive it can be very nice and it can be excellent. Not implying any style it can be minimal Zen or fluffy and cluttered. The concept has been hi-jacked by some of the chain hotels. The four seasons is not a boutique hotel.

A gay boutique hotel is usually a dive as pearl describes. But there are some very nice ones in West Hollywood, Barcelona,Palm Springs, Amsterdam, Berlin etc.
    Of all the "straight" ones the "Water Garden" in Candidasa is my favourite, though since the English gardener/owner sold it I can't vouch for it, and the Amstel in Amsterdam which I can vouch for despite its "inter continental" name change.

I just booked a vip room at howards..................hope they are as pleasant as they look in the pics!

I had a nasty case of candidasa once. Took four weeks of strong antibiotics to get rid of.

Gay Boutique hotel in Patpong

Hi Folks...

What about this new gay boutique hotel on Patpong 2? Has anyone got a web site, review, photos etc.?

I was chatting with someone in Telephone the other night, who seemed to feel that it was quite smart.

I stayed in Serene boutique not far from patpong for one night...........they only had 1 room for 1 night at 4400 baht lol....so its either very popular or i was unlucky that day.

Must say the room was fabulous with en suite and seperate kitchen and dining room...................staff were too busy to be friendly at all though.

You mean the Silom Serene Hotel, next to Bangkok Bank?

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    You mean the Silom Serene Hotel, next to Bangkok Bank?
    yep..........had this suite

http://www.silom-serene.com/suite.html