Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Entertainment licenses Thailand

Liked

Entertainment licenses Thailand

Can anyone advise if it is necessary to have a entertainment license if you show music videos in a bar - not Karaoke type videos, but live concerts or music video clips. Thank you for any advice you may be able to offer.

Re: Entertainment licenses Thailand

Why are you asking us old Queens isnt obvious dearie poodie we just dont care.LMAO Troll????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????/

Quote Originally Posted by farang9
    Can anyone advise if it is necessary to have a entertainment license if you show music videos in a bar - not Karaoke type videos, but live concerts or music video clips. Thank you for any advice you may be able to offer.

Yes you do,

You are in the territory of both the PRS licence, ( Performing Rights Society) and the Phonographic Performances Limited, which is the PPL. They can and do take people to Court for public unauthorised broadcasts without their licence.

The licences apply to all public broadcasts and I have personally seen and known them to be enforced in Thailand.

It was also another scam that allowed Police and City Hall officials to accompany the guys from PPL and PRS and extort huge sums for bars and clubs playing without their licence.

Be on your guard with that one.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by the deleted combat22
    And this is cumming from some one banned from Thailand? :rolling:
    Splendid - all of 5 posts and you get it so wrong .... I think Mr Quill will probably correct you.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat
    Splendid - all of 5 posts and you get it so wrong .... I think Mr Quill will probably correct you.

Patexpat,

I'll just rise above it. Obviously he's just another clown who's learnt to use a keyboard but not to spell.... :dontknow:

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat

Patexpat,

I'll just rise above it. Obviously he's just another clown who's learnt to use a keyboard but not to spell.... :dontknow:
    He's been removed already Kevin, but no doubt will be back again.....What a sad way to spends ones day!