List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where to meet local guys in BKK?

Where to meet local guys in BKK?

Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to thank you all for contributing to this forum and making it such an informative and fun venue for discussing about the joy of visiting Thailand, and specifically gay Thailand. This is my first post here so I would like to introduce a little bit about myself. I'm of Vietnamese/Chinese descent who've been raised in Australia since a very young age. I'm in my mid 20's and I'm really into Asian guys (East and Southeast Asian). I will be going back to Saigon (where I was born) for just under 4 weeks and during that time I will be flying out to Bangkok for about 4 to 5 days. I've got plenty of friends and "friends" in Saigon but not so in Bangkok. I'm not really into the sauna or gogo bar scene so I hope to meet a local Thai guy (or two) for companionship and also as a tour guide to show me around Bangkok and maybe Pattaya. I sure do have money but the thought of having to pay for someone to sleep with me just doesn't sit comfortably on my mind. However, I do not mind spending as much or even more money taking him to a great restaurant or some other nice places to enjoy ourselves. I think I['ve started to sound stupid now, but anyways....

In Australia I don't really have much trouble meeting new guys as I think I have above average looks and I also do gym to keep myself fit. I've been with my bf for three years but occasionally I still want to go out, have fun and enjoy the excitement of being promiscuous. I know it's rather hedonistic but the way I see it is that I only live my life once so I should do whatever I want to do (albeit safely) so as not to regret when time catches up with me.

I hope you guys and point out some places where I can meet young local guys and get to know and befriend. I also enjoy a good massage (mostly without the happy ending bits). I know what I've been saying is not to coherent so enough ranting for now. Any contribution to this thread is much appreciated. :thumbleft:

Liked

Re: Where to meet local guys in BKK?

I can't wait to see how many people respond to this. Why don't you PM beachbore and hook up with him? Hell, he's so rich he'll pay for your ticket and fly out with you. Won't you beachbore?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

zhao
    1.massage-proper. Do not worry, that is EVERYwhere, and certainly where toruists stay. With BKKs traffic what it is, makes no sense at all for just a normal non-sexy ''nouat=massage'' either feet or body, to travel more as a few 100 mtrs. Anyway-there is no secret key either for a good one or not-varies with all the staff in 1 shop. My advice: if you happen to get a really good one, ask for name etc. and ask for him/her again next time.
    2.if you want to try your luck advance: try gayromeo, thailovelinks or similar sites. The better ones are in thai only.
    For meeting; just as most gay 20ies would think of anywhere: disco, bar etc. there are plenty of those for normal Thai guys (well-if you think a Thai can be normal?)- in the NON Silom tourist zone. Sites like dragoncastle, gaymassagegay, gthai-net, list them. The best known are near here (where I now happen to sit) the RamkamHaeng uni-area, in a soi named LamSalee and at the OrToKo bars=quite near the Chatuchak weekend market/BTS-stop. Also some near Ratchada, but these are often said to be TfT=Thai for thai. I presume you do not speak any of this beautiful language, so cannot say if that would leave you out. I also guess you must be mostly used to the OZzie ''scene''-so be warned that the tipical Thai scene may be quite different and also not very VNese. For most young people however, there is just 1 name ; DJ!! DeeJay!! The (in)famous gay-only disco in a tiny soi=sidealley of Silom, also very well known for its 2nfd floor full of MBs=money boys. Arfter hours, the crowd flocks to G.O.D.=Guys On Display, which means dancing half naked and most seemingly very high on drugs. Follow them if you like that. And have a happy time, which will be 99% garanteed. Even more if you can happen to pose off like a K (=Korean) popstar.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh-and take this advice please too. do NOT hire any guide-useless, Use a guidebook, even Lonely Planet [No, you can still use it even if it is non-Ozzzie anymore) is better. The tipical Thai guy will not know all those places or only sum up those listed anyway. Real guides are only touts for hidden bisnis. As a true VNese you should know that. Also here in BKK do NOT bargain ''for a good price'' with taxis and do NOT use tuktuks-plenty of chance to use that later for the novelty. taxi have METER on them and that is the way to use them. HAIL one riding and avoid any standing and anyone approaching you before you approach him as the pest.

@Diec - Sorry dude but I don't think you've actually read fully what I've had to say. I'm just looking forward to having a great time in Bangkok and spend my money, not somebody else's. Not looking for a sugar daddy either.

@Pong - Thank you so much for your informative posts. Hope for more info from you and others regarding great places to eat authentic Thai food. Pad Thai and Pad see ow are particular favourites of mine.

Oh btw, regarding the gay scene, I'm not really into the Sydney gay scene - same old faces and lots of white old guys. I prefer to hang out with my mates (sometimes gay, sometimes straight but are mostly Asians) and have a beer or two in a local venue or just a day trip out in the bush or the coast. I guess I'm just feeling too old for the scene at ARQ or the Shift. I would love to learn some Thai and be conversant at the very basic level, mostly to greet and thank you for great service, as well as when bargaining for goods (I usually buy quite a few things everytime to bring back as gifts). I also do think that Thai is a very gentle and pleasing language to hear.

I'm not very "Vietnamese" in the strictest sense since everytime I go back to Vietnam I still get ripped-off and most people do recognise me as a Viet Kieu due to the shade of my skin (pretty white), how I always say please and thank you (maybe too polite) and just the way I talk (abit of an accent). Koreans in Strathfield (Sydney) often speak to me in Korean whenever I go there to buy music CDs or eating out (maybe I do look Korean), which is kinda hilarious.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Justaguy, Pong's advice is good. Ignore Diec, he's the board troll who just attacks everyone.

Hotel: Stay around Silom... this is easiest. Let us know your budget if you want suggestions.

Massage: Plenty of good therapeutic massage places in Bangkok. If you prefer a male therapist, many will ask if you want a "boy or girl" therapist or you can request it. Many massage shops will have therapists sitting out front so you can see they cater to both. Some "professional" looking massage shops will give you a good proper massage but still offer a "happy ending"... doesn't mean you have to accept... you can accept or decline.

Hooking up with locals: There are lots of good nightclub/disco venues to meet local gays in Bangkok. As Pong says, easiest to just start with DJ Station in Silom (Soi 2, outside Saladaeng BTS Station). It gets busy after 11:30pm every night (but busiest Fri/Sat night) and is open until sometime between 2:30am to 3/4am most nights.

Beware there are "moneyboys" here but plenty of ordinary local gay boys too. The local Thai boys are very friendly and lots of fun to spend time with! Most moneyboys will be in the second and third floors so your best bet to meet locals is the ground floor dance floor (although you may still meet locals on other levels, just be aware of whether they're a moneyboy). To meet locals, look for Thai boy dancing with their friends. Often, if you're alone, they'll eye you up and welcome you to join them. It's great getting to know a bunch of locals.

The street food is very good in Bangkok. Look for street food vendors with fresh-looking ingredients and clean looking utensils.

Go to the Sky Bar on top of the Lebua State Tower Hotel for a drink... best view in Bangkok, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy
    I would love to learn some Thai and be conversant at the very basic level, mostly to greet and thank you for great service, as well as when bargaining for goods (I usually buy quite a few things everytime to bring back as gifts).
    Make sure you're in Bangkok on a Sat or Sun and go to Chatuchak Weekend Market (biggest weekend market in the world) for shopping... cheapest prices and widest variety there by far.

Look at this thread for more things to do in Bangkok: gay-thailand-f9/trip-ideas-for-things-bkk-t20256.html

Koreans in Strathfield (Sydney) often speak to me in Korean whenever I go there to buy music CDs or eating out (maybe I do look Korean), which is kinda hilarious.
    Heh... that happens. I'm not Thai but in Thailand I often get mistaken for being a Thai and get a mouthful of Thai before I can explain I'm not Thai!

Have fun!

Liked

I have to disagree on the question of guides. Not all guides are touts. I have a good friend who is a freelance guide in BKK. He provides a great service at reasonable cost. Sure you CAN just follow a guidebook, but frankly I get a lot more out of having a guide show me around. Saves a lot of time. And I prefer to have some one along who can explain things, tell stories, and help negotiate getting around. For a first timer I think I guide is invaluable. For some one who has been there a couple of times and knows his way around it is not necessary.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I take it that you want to meet Thais, not farangs. I would go to soi 2 where Dj's is but hit the dance club "Disco Disco" or just stand on the ground floor at DJ's - upstairs is where many of the commercial boys go). If you want to meet Thais, why not try Gay Romeo. You can put down your visiting dates and that you are not into "farangs" or money boys.. meet the guy at a bar in soi 4. I've met a couple of BKK Thais through Gay Romeo, specifying what I am NOT looking for.
    good luck.

@beachlover - thank you so much for the useful information. Much appreciated. Do you also happen to know where I can have rooftop dining (ie. on a very tall building) and watch over Bangkok from above? Hopefully it's Thai or Japanese cuisine also.

@Thrillbill - thanks for the suggestion. I've actually created a profile on Gay Romeo yesterday and have received quite a few messages (from some very cute guys) so I'm quite happy. It's all down to refining my search now. hehehe.

Hope to meet a nice Thai guy while I'm there in Bangkok and Pattaya and have plenty of fun. Really want to buy some bronze or silver Thai scuptures or accessories to bring home as gifts and for interior decoration. I guess Chatuchak is the place to look for it?

Do you also happen to know where I can have rooftop dining (ie. on a very tall building) and watch over Bangkok from above? Hopefully it's Thai or Japanese cuisine also.
    Sirocco: http://www.lebua.com/en/the-dome-din...co-restaurant/

Vertigo: http://www.banyantree.com/en/bangkok..._and_moon_bar/

The food is better in Vertigo but the view much better from Sirocco since it it close to the river (in my opinion).