Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King Royal Garden Inn

King Royal Garden Inn

Has anyone stayed at King Royal Garden Inn near Surasak BTS?? I see it is recommended on the UtopiaAsia site as gay friendly. There's only one comment there from a year ago and nothing about joiners. http://kingroyalgarden.com/

Re: King Royal Garden Inn

Why not consider the Om Yin Lodge which is 100% gay and just a few steps from Chong Nonsi BTS station? http://www.omyimgroup.com/

Arthritis means I need a lift not a place thats only a walk up nd that doesnt mean Im asking for suggestions Im asking about this specific hotel.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

I don't wish to be unpleasant but before you consider this place read what people are saying on the internet. You could start with this:

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bang ... views.html

Good luck with that. Cheap is as cheap does. Location in Sathorn is okay as it right by Surasak. Might I suggest:

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bang ... hotel.html

Also in Sathorn but one stop further on and closer to the river which gives a nicer outlook. I have stayed here many times and been pretty happy on the whole and I am a picky bastard. Most of the rooms have just had a makeover.

Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed with a couple of elements over my few weeks at XChristmas on the top floor (doesn't mean better ... just higher), so when I am back in May/June I am off to this place:

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bang ... dence.html

I like my pool in the wet season as it's stinking hot and also the plus with this place is I will be able to do the laundry as it has its own washer dryer set-up in the larger rooms and the kitchenette. I prefer to do my own breakfast, as that is usually a bone of contention in the lower end of the market (which is simply all I can afford).

Although this place is not close to the BTS they have their own tuk tuk shuttle to Surasak BTS and on the way home I will simply have to take a cab to the front door of the hotel. I also have a disability, although not arthritis. As I said, I'm picky so I have done my homework and scouted this place out from all others and Sathorn is my area of choice.

Cheers
    krobbie

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    Arthritis means I need a lift not a place thats only a walk up nd that doesnt mean Im asking for suggestions Im asking about this specific hotel.
    If you'd made that clear in the first place I would not have wasted my timer trying to help you. Looks like your choice is a dump anyway.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah it does look like a dump to me but the rooms are in the 1,000-1,500 baht range which is peanuts...

Tripadvisor has good and bad reviews but doesn't sound overly negative: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... ml#REVIEWS

There are plenty of other good budget hotels in the area I'd stay in over this one.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    There are plenty of other good budget hotels in the area I'd stay in over this one.

HUGE advantage right there for King Royal Garden

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    The bone of contention in regards the breakfast buffet is the pale cold pork sausage, cold fried eggs, tea which hardly passes for tea as it is so weak etc etc.

I prefer to make my own in my kitchenette. Supermarket is always my first stop after I unpack. Coconut yoghurt, fresh fruit, honeyed corn flakes, eggs, bread for toasting and other breakfast goodies and all made in my/pour own time.
    Krobbie, one thing I've found is many budget and mid-tier hotels in Thailand offer a really bland and uninspiring Western breakfast. When I see this kind of breakfast I tend to go for the Thai options like fried rice and noodles etc. which are usually cooked ok and are far more appetizing to me than a badly made Western breakfast.

The only Western breakfasts I really enjoy at all, in Thailand are the ones they serve at high-end hotels.

Your spread sounds delicious... fresh fruit and muesli drizzled with yogurt, poached eggs benedict, maybe some sausages, mushrooms, tomato... that's the stuff!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    The bone of contention in regards the breakfast buffet is the pale cold pork sausage, cold fried eggs, tea which hardly passes for tea as it is so weak etc etc.
    I understand completely!

I'm an early riser and I like a nice breakfast. Over the years I've noticed that even the better hotels such as the Amari Orchid, Royal Garden (that is now the Marriott Resort), Royal Cliff and others aren't maintaining the quality of their breakfast buffets. Much of the food sits around too long and isn't as hot as I'd like it to be. Over the Christmas holiday I stayed at the Marriott Resort and the buffet breakfast was not up to the usual standards. Now, they don't bother to offer fresh orange juice (it's from a can), the eggs were prepared in an awful tasting oil, the bacon was not cooked very well - very limp, the sausages steamed and the fresh fruit selections were marginal. Thailand has so many excellent fruits that there is just no excuse for that!

I probably should take a room with cooking facilities on my next visit in April. I'm a fan of quality over quantity so a huge buffet of crap doesn't interest me.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah, if you're going to stick to a Western breakfast then it's either feast or famine when it comes to these hotel breakfasts most of the time!

The breakfast at the Patong Bay Garden (mid-tier) in Phuket is pretty terrible unless you eat Thai/Asian food (which is what I do).

Compare that to the spread at the Dusit Thani in Bangkok (one example) where you have beautifully prepared gourmet sausages, salads, hash browns, grilled mushrooms, eggs done whatever way you want, smoked salmon, yogurts, dim sims, sushi, quiches, pastries, bacon, pancakes and a huge spread of fruits - mangos, watermelons, paw paw, jackfruit, blueberries... pretty much anything you could possibly want.

Why can't here be a middle ground?