List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reentry Permits at Suvarnabhumi?

Reentry Permits at Suvarnabhumi?

The link to this reads "reentry permits at the airport are back". I never remember these being available in the past. they look quite convenient. Do you think this is real?: Would it be dependable? Anyone trying please let us know.

The Re-Entry Application Procedures and Requirements At Suvarnabhumi Airport
    Date : 07 - 12 - 10
    1. Aliens must submit the applicatoin by themselves.
    2. The date of submitting application must be the date of departure.
    3. Gather the required documents as below
    - Passport or travel document (1 original plus 1 copy)
    - One recent photograph (4X6 CM.)
    - Fees - Single 1,000 Baht
    - Multiple 3,800 Baht
    4. Submit the application and required documents at Immigration Departure Division (East Zone), Suvarnabhumi Airport.
    5. The service open daily from now on

Liked

Re: Reentry Permits at Suvarnabhumi?

Where did you find the link? On the Thai Immigration website (good luck navigating THAT puppy!)? On ThaiVisa? On Stickman? (Please put the link in a post ... not sure how many reliable sources would spell 'application' as 'applicatoin')
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Where did you find the link? On the Thai Immigration website (good luck navigating THAT puppy!)? On ThaiVisa? On Stickman? (Please put the link in a post ... not sure how many reliable sources would spell 'application' as 'applicatoin')
    Ooops. Forgot the link. It was a retweeter with a link direct to page ...
    http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/deta ... 120_en.php

It's the top (latest) news item on the front page ...
    http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/main_en.php

It LOOKS like an official Suvarabhumi site.

There was also mention of it somewhere in the Nation maybe past two days "Live ...".

Liked

Thanks for the link. It certainly appears to be the official airport site, notwithstanding the spelling mistake.
    Now looking for anyone who's actually used this new (or re-newed) service.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked: 1

I am confused on a point, so I am sure someone will be able to unravel this question for me. If I was going to visit Thailand for the short stay time of 30 days, can i take a trip to say Singapore and then return for another 30 days without getting paperwork. If so how many times could i do this?

Quote Originally Posted by billy2bs
    I am confused on a point, so I am sure someone will be able to unravel this question for me. If I was going to visit Thailand for the short stay time of 30 days, can i take a trip to say Singapore and then return for another 30 days without getting paperwork. If so how many times could i do this?
    The answer is yes, on entry to Thailand you will automatically get a 30 day visa providing you don't come from one of the country's not eligible for a 30 day visa, and two you are not on a lists of persona non grata.

Tank you Combat for your up to daTE INFORMATION

Quote Originally Posted by combat

The answer is yes, on entry to Thailand you will automatically get a 30 day visa providing you don't come from one of the country's not eligible for a 30 day visa, and two you are not on a lists of persona non grata.
    As i understand it, if you arrive by air you are eligible for the 30 day visa exempt stamp, if you arrive by land it is only 15 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ArNolD
    The link to this reads "reentry permits at the airport are back". I never remember these being available in the past. they look quite convenient. Do you think this is real?: Would it be dependable? Anyone trying please let us know.
    There used to be a Re-entry permits desk off to the side of the outgoing immigration desks. Then it apparently disappeared with little announcement, at least none likely to reach the people its absence would affect. A friend of mine rocked up to the airport for a short holiday in hongkers earlier this year, expecting to be able to get his permit as in the past. He then had to travel miles to the new office, missed his flight, had to re-book, had to pay for a hotel in BKK, still had to pay the first night's hotel in HK, and lost a day of his holiday.

Lesson ... in Thailand, assume nothing.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

what above writes has been abundantly clearly published and more as once on the well-kown forum for these matters; Thaivisa.com.
    I would also advice OP to turn to there-they will have all these essential items on their site within a few hours.
    And it keeps an amazing how bad people can read: there is a distinct difference between visa-on-arrival and visa-exempt. In fact your nationality determines which one you will get-asking about it without quoting yours is also like answering it without stating that again-you may be in for big surprises.