Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in BKK in January??

Liked

Anyone in BKK in January??

:rolling: :rolling:

HELLO!!

It has been a while since I last logged in SGT. I doubt many would remember me even. LOL

Anyway, I am going down to BKK again, in January. Since I would be travelling alone, I thought, would there be anyone in BKK, tourist or expats or locals who would like to go out with me, ya know hang out and chill in cafes....

Would love some company to those gay bars and go go bars hahahah Not that I'm not familiar with them, just that it would be nice with a company for a change.

Let me know ok!!

I have yet to booked a flight from SIN to BKK. Cathay offering good deals. Less than 300sgd for travel during first week of jan. But can only book next week when the moolah is in! lol

So...anyone? hhahah would probably stay in Tawana....

PS: I love TAWAN! :bis: :bis: :bis:

I Love You Too

Re: Anyone in BKK in January??

he he tourist or expat company in a gay / go go bar in BKK is usually the LAST thing I want as I normally find within two minutes of walking in I instantly have more company than I either want or need ( or can afford !!!) :-) Enjoy your trip !

My moolah won't be in for sometime - still unemployed.

Liked

Hahaha

Thanks you both! So cute! lolx :love4:

Just saw an article that happened in Oct about some thugs taking over the carpark in the airport! YIKKES!

The train, is it functioning already? :hello2:
    I Love You Too

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by camperboy
    I have yet to booked a flight from SIN to BKK. Cathay offering good deals. Less than 300sgd for travel during first week of jan.
    $300 with Cathay? You can get it cheaper with Tiger, AirAsia or Jetstar right? Unless you specifically want a full-service airline.

Hotel's in Bangkok look cheap right now. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by camperboy
    Just saw an article that happened in Oct about some thugs taking over the carpark in the airport! YIKKES!

The train, is it functioning already? :hello2:
    That was a dispute with the airport manager and the company, which held a contract to operate the parking facilities.

The airport train is running now... do a search through the last couple of months' threads and you'll find a few threads on it.

Liked

Hi Beachlover

Well, I have checked TG, AA and Jetstar, and boy their prices are crazy!! I mean 200plus for Air Asia... I rather add a little bit more for a full commercial plane. :hello1:

I checked with priceline, its about 254sgd. If i booked with Cathay, its about, 27* sgd.

Just hoping that the prices wont go up that soon! Cos only can book it next week! lol
    I Love You Too

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Shit, $200 for AirAsia is insane! I won't check flights now, but you may be right. January, I expect, would be a pretty busy period. If you're seeking value, you might want to price-check other periods like Feb or Mar.

Plus, I have heard rumours and first-hand reports that Singaporeans pay a lot more for these LCC (low-cost carrier) flights to neighbouring countries than foreigners do! I wonder if anyone can confirm this. You poor buggers LOL. I take a lot of regional flights out of Singapore and rarely pay more than $100 for the LCCs. Often it's as little as $50.

Liked

Yeah

usually, for budget airlines, to get good deals, one have to book it like few months in advance. If not, be prepared to pay almost the full cost of a commercial airline!!

Maybe you are right, Singaporeans tend to travel a lot! and i think that the LCC airlines marked up the price! I once remembered travelling to bangkok from KL... i only paid... 100RM!
    I Love You Too

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whenever I book LCC flights from Singapore, I usually do it from Australia before my trip starts. I usually don't pay much at all. I have friends living there who complain it's not as cheap for them to take LCC flights as I make them out to be! So I have this small suspicion you locals get charged more than someone from overseas booking LOL. Never tested out the theory to confirm it though.

I have had a few instances where I noticed Singapore Airlines charging locals more for SG-SYD flights than they charge Australians for SYD-SG. Don't know if that is consistent practice or anecdotal observation though.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Whenever I book LCC flights from Singapore, I usually do it from Australia before my trip starts. I usually don't pay much at all. I have friends living there who complain it's not as cheap for them to take LCC flights as I make them out to be! So I have this small suspicion you locals get charged more than someone from overseas booking LOL. Never tested out the theory to confirm it though.

I have had a few instances where I noticed Singapore Airlines charging locals more for SG-SYD flights than they charge Australians for SYD-SG. Don't know if that is consistent practice or anecdotal observation though.

Yeap! i think its true now that u mentioned it! i always wonder.... why it is soo expensive with budget... i used to tell myself...never pay more than 100 to bkk. then i increased it to 150. now i gave up hope.. lol...
    I Love You Too