Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New luxury Dusit in Phuket. B-Lay Tong Breakaway

Liked

New luxury Dusit in Phuket. B-Lay Tong Breakaway

Dusit club members will have received this by email overnight. At 6500 baht per night it might have limited appeal to some posters. It looks fantastic and appears to be in Patong.
    Any positive comments please, I know the usual suspects will be along quickly with their sidesplitting one liners.

There appear to be great deals on google including 75% off

I dont know how to make the att larger, but it gives you a start.

[attachment=0:2lk6j2nb]B-Yourself_final.jpg[/attachment:2lk6j2nb]

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Re: New luxury Dusit in Phuket. B-Lay Tong Breakaway

[quote="lonelywombat"]Dusit club members will have received this by email overnight. At 6500 baht per night it might have limited appeal to some posters. It looks fantastic and appears to be in Patong.
    Any positive comments please, I know the usual suspects will be along quickly with their sidesplitting one liners.

You seem to know everything about Thailand, are you active in the tourism industry?

Quote Originally Posted by Timeout
    Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    Dusit club members will have received this by email overnight. At 6500 baht per night it might have limited appeal to some posters. It looks fantastic and appears to be in Patong.

You seem to know everything about Thailand, are you active in the tourism industry?
    Disseminating information gives the Wombat a sense of purpose.

Bless.

:occasion9:

Unlike you Undaunted Lonely attempts to pass on information that some might find useful!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Cool. I didn't know Dusit D2 opened or took over a new property. I like the jacuzzi on the balconies - not much privacy though. Location's a bit far from the central area of Patong Beach (Phuket gets really hot and it becomes a bitch to walk anywhere...).

I like the D2 concept... the D2 Hotel in Pattaya looks cool, I've yet to try it out.

6,000-10,000 baht/night is over my price ceiling though...

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy

Disseminating information gives the Wombat a sense of purpose.

Bless.

:occasion9:
    Now how can Combat also get a "sense of purpose"?

Liked

No really when you stay in a Dusit Hotel they add you to their mailing lists.Surely you get special offers from Howards and Twoguys.

No really when you stay in a Dusit Hotel they add you to their mailing lists.Surely you get special offers from Howards and Twoguys.
    Thanks for your reply. I've had a condo in Pattaya for a few years now so i do not have need for a hotel room here. When I travel to Chiang Mai etc. I just get the best rate online i can ...And I watch Air Asia promotions.Just got a good promotion to Shrilanka in Feb. I do not like to sign up for special offers as they just seem to flood you with emails.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Cool. I didn't know Dusit D2 opened or took over a new property. I like the jacuzzi on the balconies - not much privacy though. Location's a bit far from the central area of Patong Beach (Phuket gets really hot and it becomes a bitch to walk anywhere...).

I like the D2 concept... the D2 Hotel in Pattaya looks cool, I've yet to try it out.

6,000-10,000 baht/night is over my price ceiling though...
    I have never paid more than 3300 at d2 as they usually do "stay 4 nights get 4 nights free"
    That does not include free nights at weekends so you get some funny costings.

The deluxe king is small but very smart. see the link.
    http://www.dusit.com/en/hotels/thailand ... xe_42.html
    The shower is a see thru glass wall which gives the impression of the room being bigger than it is.

Last trip that I stayed there the open walkways meant I got soaked walking to my room
    during a storm.

In BKK I prefer Dusit or Sofitel and decide on what is on offer at the time.

Timeout I also own a condo which I let during our summer here in OZ. When that is occupied and I am travelling by myself, I like to use the lease monies to give myself some comfort. I do enjoy Poseiden.

Liked

I stayed at the D2 Pattaya last month. I decided to splurge on a suite since it was only 4 nights. Huge room. Some quirks I had a hard time getting used to. A big round jacuzzi tub was an interesting novelty but I didn't use it. If you book well in advance the rates are not too bad, but obviously not as cheap as most other places in town. Stay in a suite and you get free breakfast and a spa treatment. I liked the place but would probably choose a regular room next time.