Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Set price ahead of time?

Liked

Set price ahead of time?

Last time I was in Thailand if you got together with someone the whole tip was "up to you" --though there were accepted norms for tipping.I see several references here about agreeing to a price ahead of time. Is this new? I know that in those saunas in Brazil you are definitely expected to set a price ahead and in some cases write it down and have the guy sign it!

Is this what's happening in Thailand?

Liked

Re: Set price ahead of time?

Agree a price beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by asdsrfr
    ... in Brazil you are definitely expected to set a price ... write it down and have the guy sign it!
    I would go further and have a lawyer draw up a contract - if only to use phrases like "The part of the first Party is hereby contracted be be joined with part of the second Party's parts".

:laughing3:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

NO, there have not been any noteworthy changes in that respect. It is-like so many things in LOS-a thing of personal ideas. And even written and contrasigned contracts mean little to Thai (555=ha,ha,ha).
    In the many years I took off boys from bars I never ever did it (make out a price beforehand). At the start I followed the recommendations of the then TMOT-book series (The men of Thailand, by mr./ Eryc Allyn)-which was way before there was an accessible www. Then some webistes started-and the whealthy posters on them on the subject of ''thao rai=how muth'' always quoted way more as I was ever used to.
    BUT; there is also no set universal price. As in this whole world, there are cheap and average and expensive shops (the latter claiming they offer better quality) and there are also slack and busy times. And you deal with human beings, who all have their own set of ideas too. Not much different as the price of a plate of khaow phat=fly lice (aka fried rice): can be had for 25, 30, 40, 80, till 100.000 bt. The contents on the plate will hardly differ, but surroundings, atmosfere, etc. will.
    The only cases where I would rec. agreeing on a price (in my case that would be like any Thai would do: just tell them how muth for what-and only offer take it or leave it), should only be done:
    a. for renting streetside boys (the old 500 is still enough for Saran Rom area)
    b. when you intend to offer far less as the usual amount. He will still be free to take or reject.
    and c-but my experience has not gone into that: for the super**** precious and really tested high quality boys in some places-these guys wont do go-go and have their agendas prebooked for monthes ahead- andlikely high set prices too.

Liked

I see several references here about agreeing to a price ahead of time. Is this new?
    No it's not new, cheapskate fat-old-ugly-farangs have always been around.

set a price ahead of time? the answer is no. never.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by netrix
    I see several references here about agreeing to a price ahead of time. Is this new?
    No it's not new, cheapskate fat-old-ugly-farangs have always been around.

set a price ahead of time? the answer is no. never.
    What does setting a price ahead of time have to do with being fat, old, ugly or a cheapskate?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    What does setting a price ahead of time have to do with being fat, old, ugly or a cheapskate?
    ok you're right. i should have just said "cheapskate." fat, old, and ugly is usually a prerequisite for farangs in the gogo bars.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

fat, old, and ugly is usually a prerequisite for farangs in the gogo bars.
    So by your statement that includes you then.

i should have just said "cheapskate."
    What does setting a price ahead of time have to do with being a cheapskate?

Liked

fat, old, and ugly is usually a prerequisite for farangs in the gogo bars.
    So by your statement that includes you then.
    I said usually. I'm an exception

i should have just said "cheapskate."
    What does setting a price ahead of time have to do with being a cheapskate?
    really? why else would anyone haggle a $30 hooker into taking a lower tip? "up to you" is the way
    a moneyboy gets to try and save a little face in an awkward situation. everyone knows the going rate
    or they can easily find out. anyone who has any respect at all for the boy will not humiliate him by trying
    to save a few baht. funny though that it's usually the old/fat/ugly ones that try to make deals when they're
    the ones who should be paying double or triple.

Liked

really? why else would anyone haggle a $30 hooker into taking a lower tip? "up to you" is the way
    a moneyboy gets to try and save a little face in an awkward situation. everyone knows the going rate
    or they can easily find out. anyone who has any respect at all for the boy will not humiliate him by trying
    to save a few baht.
    Yeah, gotta agree there. Can't really imagine sitting in a go-go bar with a cute guy beside me in nothing but tight, white briefs and haggling over $5 or $10 for his body.