Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: reasonable priced drinks

Liked

reasonable priced drinks

When reading this and other forums, I often come across the beef about rip-off prices in bars.
    I was wondering what most members feel is a reasonable price for a beer or soft drink in a Go Go Bar without a show and what is a reasonable price if there is a show presented?

Re: reasonable priced drinks

Quote Originally Posted by Nowvoyager

Krazy Dragon and Happy Boys at the moment are in the range of 89-99 bht. for any drink...There used to be a significant price difference between Boystown and Sunnee. Now there is little or no difference....
    Sorry - I don't get it -

I have paid in excess of 200B in boyztown go-go bars for a spirit and mixer so if you are saying that KD is charging 99B then how is there "little difference"? It's less than half price!

Also I believe KD does a bottle of 100 pipers for around 500B some nights - which you would pay 1500-2000 for in some of the bars in Boyztown. Thats 1/3 to 1/4 the price so it seems to me there's a VAST difference.

Having said that, no amount of money saving offers would encourage me to sit in KD for any length of time as the boys are simply not to my taste unfortunately.

I am however keen to visit the Corner Bar - I'm in the market for a new sporran and I hear there's a Corner Bar customer wears one as a toupee. I'm thinking of snatching it off his head and pressing it into use with my kilt

:occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    I have paid in excess of 200B in boyztown go-go bars for a spirit and mixer so if you are saying that KD is charging 99B then how is there "little difference"? It's less than half price!
    I agree,Boyztown is more.I once paid 600 baht for fried rice with an egg on top.The waiter was cute.....so almost worth it.

Liked

I know what the prices are,
    I do not ask for that information.

In marketing is the concept of the right price. it is a price you feel is good value for your money.
    When you feel you pay the right price for a drink you are willing to order a seccond drink or willing to order a drink for a boy, without the feeling of being ripted of. A lot of people complain about bars charging to much.

What I like to know which amount you are comfortable with paying for a soft drink or a beer in a gogo bar. Not what is being charged.
    For a soft drink is it 60 70, 80, 90 100, 110, 120, 130, 150, 180, 200, 250 Baht?
    For a beer is it 60 70, 80, 90 100, 110, 120, 130, 150, 180, 200, 250 Baht?

Reasonable prices ...

No show = 100 Baht

With show = 45 Baht

Yes, they can shove their shows where the sun don't shine.

Gorcum, in this case the salient question is: what is there in the Boyztown "offer" that you cannot get in Sunee (no more than 10 min away) which would encourage a customer to pay 2, 3, or 4 times the price?

Sunee is undeniably "sleazy" in general - but you know how some queens wallow in that anyway. Is it worth the extra to avoid the sleaze or is the sleaze an added bonus on top of the cut price drinks? - that's the debate

I don't mind paying 150 for a beer if there is a show but if I want to have three drinks (which is easy in a 1 hour show) why should I have to pay for the show three times when a customer who sits with a diet coke through the whole thing only pays once. Subsequent drinks should be cheaper say 100. Bar owners are going to have to wise up in these straightened times .the best value drinks are at the Come In bar in sunnee. 65 for a singha yenyen

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Gorcum, in this case the salient question is: what is there in the Boyztown "offer" that you cannot get in Sunee (no more than 10 min away) which would encourage a customer to pay 2, 3, or 4 times the price?

Sunee is undeniably "sleazy" in general - but you know how some queens wallow in that anyway. Is it worth the extra to avoid the sleaze or is the sleaze an added bonus on top of the cut price drinks? - that's the debate

Well why not talk about the show at Copa. You obviously would prefer to go to Sunee as you obviously wallow in that

If DJ Station can supply drinks at 100 bht per drink for a beer, who also have entertainment, then I'm sure other bars can in Pattaya like BBB, Copa, and so forth. However, as I'm sure the owners of BBB (the Scots guy) and Copa (Peter is it?) will tell you - its all about running a business and making money for that business, they are not running a charity and the more money they can make the more they will do.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah but that's a totally different business model. They get 100 guys in there on weeknights. 200-300 on weekend nights. All they have is one show, which goes for about 30 mins. And that's not the main attraction of the place...