Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Curfew in Pattaya?

Curfew in Pattaya?

I have not been to Thailand for a few weeks, but am planning to return in about two weeks (subject to any advice members of this forum are kind enough to give me).
    I have read that a curfew - from 2300 to 500 - has been imposed in about 20 provinces, including Chonburi, and therefore Pattaya. I have also read that the Mayor of Pattaya has declared that the curfew will not apply to Pattaya (including Jomtien?).
    I am interested to know what is actually happening in Pattaya, including Jomtien.
    I do not usually prowl in Sunee Plaza at 1 am looking for Thai boys with or without handbags (with due respect to an earlier contributor to this forum); or go to my local 7 11 in Jomtien at 2 am to buy some necessaries. But if I do, is there likely to be some official Police action? Or unofficial Police action, where 500 or whatever baht tea money is not inconvenient for me and probably very convenient for a Police officer in the lowest of low seasons?
    I would be very appreciative of feedback.

Re: Curfew in Pattaya?

The curfew was lifted country-wide on 29 May - Bangkok is fast getting back to normal.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asia...gkok-curfew-pm