Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silom Bars Open Again

Silom Bars Open Again

Just come back from Silom & Suriwong area.

Balcony and Telephone are open now and about 20 guys sitting out on the terraces. The Greek place next to Telephone is open.

Dicks cafe, Maxie's, Hotmail street bar and Banana bar are open and a few guys at each bar. Richards is open with a pair of muppets out there sipping drinks.

With the extension of the curfew today and Monday until 11pm they will all be closing around 10pm tonight so that the staff can get home safely.

Walking down Silom I met the owner of DJ Station who said that they will open on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Liked

Re: Silom Bars Open Again

The Balcony and Telephone reopened tonight in the rain and ch 3 did a remote spot with one of the waiters telling everyone to come back to Thailand now. It was just on TV, must have filmed it around 8pm.

Ch 3 then roamed around Silom in the rain, there's people out, not many but it's a start.

Silom Lives!
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    .... ch 3 did a remote spot with one of the waiters telling everyone to come back to Thailand now....
    They'll be fighting to get on the planes to BKK now!

When it comes to a choice between listening to a Thai waiter and the Foreign Office, there's just no way anybody in their right mind would heed any advice from the FO.

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

That's typical. They waited until my feet were firmly on New Zealand terra firma before they opened anything in Silom.

However, I have to say the last 2 weeks were a trip and a half. Was pleased I was there as I would have been on the phone and on Skype every 5 minutes to my partner had I not been.

It will take considerably more that that rabble to bring BKK to its knees although, the speed wobbles were definitely there.

Cheers
    Krobbie

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by SilomRimmer
    Balcony and Telephone are open now and about 20 guys sitting out on the terraces. The Greek place next to Telephone is open. Dicks cafe, Maxie's, Hotmail street bar and Banana bar are open and a few guys at each bar. Richards is open with a pair of muppets out there sipping drinks.
    Thank god we can get back to doing what we do best.

Liked

All roads in Bangkok open today. School back in session, MRT operating all station until 9pm, BTS until 8pm. Curfew at 11pm tonight again. Last night, I hope. Should be an announcement soon.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Not what I expected. The curfew is extended to 31 May (one week from today) midnight to 4am. No word on MRT or BTS closing times.
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Not what I expected. The curfew is extended to 31 May (one week from today) midnight to 4am. No word on MRT or BTS closing times.
    Damn! You serious?

I suppose DJ, GOD and other clubs won't be open at all now.

Wonder why they needed to extend it for a whole new week. Are they still fighting to get civil unrest under control?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

www.twitter.com/richardbarrow says:

"With the extension of the curfew by another week, is there something the government are not telling us?"

Liked

The Thai press is using more definitive language of the curfew extension than the English language press. Wait and see, I guess. Over 500 arrested for being out during curfew---they're going to run out of room at the Hilton. Too bad the Thai police did not show all this enthusiasm in arresting those intent on arson. They do have this road block system of collecting money for minor infractions down to a tea.
    E Dok Tong