Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to piss off a Thai guy...

Liked

How to piss off a Thai guy...

... take his motorbike away from him. Wow! Did he ever get pissy. He went and got a hotel room, and everything. That's ok though, and I don't actually care. He can get as mad at me as he wants, and I don't particularly give a shit. I said I'd pay for the bike, and the one and only condition is he's not allowed to drive drunk. He did, so I managed to lose the key while cleaning, and don't think I'll remember where I put it for about a week.

What an ass. He even has friends who for example, only have one leg right now because they drove drunk. And he still thinks it's ok. Dip shit.

Anyway, let's make this conversational. What are some times you've had to be pricks to a Thai, but only because you cared about him? Any stories?

Re: How to piss off a Thai guy...

Good Luck Matt, but I bet you don't win...TIT mate, TIT....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

you can't win..

you can't win..
    we try to use Western logic and it doesn't translate.. you made the first mistake when
    you thought telling he can't drink and drive meant anything to him.. He is young and full
    of vim and vigor and you can't change him..
    you can try but you can't win..
    if the drinking bugs you, it will get worse and worse and you will get lose..
    cut yours loses and move on but you won't because we all do the same stupid
    stuff and think we can win but we can't win..

you just have to learn how to play the game better or you will never win..
    nothing personal, this is universal in these type of relationships..

I know, I have been there and no doubt will again but at least with different expectations
    and realities.. :hello2:

Liked

[youtuberp02dsa]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k1JU3zQRv8[/youtuberp02dsa]
    These are the good'ol days

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    I said I'd pay for the bike, and the one and only condition is he's not allowed to drive drunk.
    [X] A reasonable requirement. Don't give it back again. Teach him a lesson.

[X] Thai friends can be as reliable as a Swiss cashier. Quality matters.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sanook
    Oh no, I'll win, no worries there. :-) Even if he manages to find the key, trust me, he's not going to defy me unless I give him the go ahead. There's no way he'll get back on the bike while knowing I'm hurt and pissed off. He just wouldn't do that. Worst case scenario, I stop talking to him for a couple days, which I know would absolutely crush him, and probably to the point where I'd have to fuck around in a couple different villages in Issan looking for him.

I'm a really easy going guy everything, but he is simply not allowed to drive drunk. End of story. I don't give a flying fuck about the circumstances that night, you simply can not drive drunk. No discussion allowed. And he should know this, considering he has a friend who's missing a leg right now from driving drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    we try to use Western logic and it doesn't translate.. you made the first mistake when
    you thought telling he can't drink and drive meant anything to him.. He is young and full
    of vim and vigor and you can't change him..
    What the hell are you talking about? "Don't drive drunk" isn't "Western logic". And that comment of yours just made yourself to be an ignorant fool, who believes Thais are some sub-class of humans. I hate farangs who do that.

And for the record, yes, he can be changed, mainly because he wants to be changed, and is willing. For example, over the last few months he's learned a great deal of empathy. I'm sorry, but I believe most Thais simply do not have much empathy, and will do whatever is in their best interest at that time, with total disregard for their fellow human. Empathy is a learned emotion, and I can proudly say, Kim now had a good deal of empathy in him. Before he does something, he now thinks about how his actions will affect others, which is great to see.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

wondering what John Bobbett did to piss off his wife-
    hide the car keys?

Matt, just wondering. How much of an understanding of Thai Buddhism, Kharma and reincarnation do you have?

You find similar stories when trying to get Tais to always use condoms, or any other self preservation ideas

Forum's veteran
    Liked

you are in denial...
    I stated it was nothing personal, I don't know you or your boyfriend and frankly
    I don't want to..
    Many of us can relate our experieces and I have found it useless to try to educate
    other farangs as they seem to have to experience things for themselves.
    You posting was highly insulting and your presumptions about this poster are completely
    in error.. I think the forum will decide who is the fool and the bigot...

play your games with your bf, you will lose in the end and are doomed to keep repeating
    the same behavior.... Denial is a dominant force..
    I won't waste any more time on this thread as it is clear to me how strong the denial is... :evil4:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Quote Originally Posted by sanook
    . Worst case scenario, I stop talking to him for a couple days, which I know would absolutely crush him, and probably to the point where I'd have to fuck around in a couple different villages in Issan looking for him.
    I
    That's quite funny cdnmatt! You won't talk to him and then you will go looking for him? I think he just won.

Better you let him come crawling to you if you have the courage.