Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a cement factory yard ...

Liked

Just a cement factory yard ...

A month or so ago I started a thread which, among other things, asked any member of Sawatdee who lives Pattaya or Jomtien to take a look at the site of the Ocean 1 project (i.e. a Very High condominium complex ... the highest in Thailand it is advertised) to see, and possibly report, on how this mega-building was going.
    I had heard before that in fact, nothing was 'going' ... the site being flat as a pancake. But I didn't know for sure, not having seen it for myself.
    Even though the original post was simply asking for a kind of progress report, and offered neither negative criticism nor supportive hosannas, the thread was deleted almost immediately. No explanation.

OK, so now I've done it for myself. Below are photographs (with time stamp) taken last week in Jomtien of the Ocean 1 construction site. There is no building going on, there is no hole being dug, there is no semblance of what anyone could call 'foundation work'.
    All that's there is a small cement factory, which I assume (but do not know for sure) is making and supplying cement for the many other construction sites in the vicinity.

I have nothing in particular against Ocean 1. I'm not a disgruntled owner. I've put down no money against a future condo. Neither do I know whether Ocean 1 will be built in the near future, the further-out future, or whether it's been postponed or even canceled.
    What I do know ~ for whatever reason ~ there is nothing besides a small cement factory occupying the site of the grandiose Ocean 1 development.

There is an Adobe file which contains the official advertising of Ocean 1 at << http://www.google.co.th/search?q=ocean+ ... =firefox-a >> (click on the first URL), and within that Adobe file ~ amongst other information ~ is a Q&A which states a project finishing date of 2011.

Pictures are sometimes better than a thousand words. They speak for themselves, and are objective.

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Re: Just a cement factory yard ...

says it all me thinks ...
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Liked

yes it is not hard to remember the over the top promotions by LMTU, Edith and others who were on spotters fees.

Strange they have become very quiet. I remember that romania posted a clever comment regarding erection difficulties
    and Oceans 1, which disappeared tout suite.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles

Pictures are sometimes better than a thousand words. They speak for themselves, and are objective.
    A slow, nothing to do day ?

Smiles, rehashing this sad type of thread give you no credibility at all.

In fact you are now "agent provcateur" for the likes of billy and lmtu... as you no doubt intended.

I left the last thread to die a natural death. As did the facebook page on the subject.

Live and Let Die - as Ian Fleming said.

Quick, who do I give my deposit to?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by witchhunt
    yes it is not hard to remember the over the top promotions by LMTU, Edith and others who were on spotters fees.

Strange they have become very quiet. I remember that romania posted a clever comment regarding erection difficulties
    Is that one of the reasons why it's such a provocative topic here?... Because certain members were promoting it shamelessly to no end?

Hehe... nice move Smiles. I don't think it's provocative. Just stating the facts in a relatively neutral way.

So what happens to the people who put money down for the development?

Quote Originally Posted by witchhunt

Didn't one of those posters continually post (in block capital letters) of his dislike for those of us that supported Drummonds original article about the misdeeds of a certain pair in Pattaya, refering to how he lost his original libel case blah, blah, blah........Justice now prevails, he has won his appeal and the silence is now deafening! As for deposits, well I wouldn't hold my breath!

Quote Originally Posted by just a moment
    You may all be in for a terrible shock, when you see the Phoenix rise from the grave, you will be wishing you could afford to buy one of these prestige properties soon..... I hope you will eat your words then, with many exciting things going on in the back ground, what a negative lot you all are?
    When it happens, Madge...when it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by just a moment
    You may all be in for a terrible shock, when you see the Phoenix rise from the grave, you will be wishing you could afford to buy one of these prestige properties soon..... I hope you will eat your words then, with many exciting things going on in the back ground, what a negative lot you all are?
    The phoenix was a legendary Arabian bird said to periodically burn itself to death and emerge from the ashes as a new phoenix; according to most versions only one phoenix lived at a time and it renewed itself every 500 years.

Arn't you the 'phoenix' of this board LMTU? Perhaps not as you seem to renew yourself in here every other day or so under a different name!

Actually, the phoenix originates in Persian mythology. And our resident Arab expert will be quick to elaborate (as if we didn't know) that Persians are not Arabs.