Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: paying 4 taxi

Liked

paying 4 taxi

hi

when i arrive in thialand, bangkok airport, i will need to get some bahts to pay for the taxi.

whats the best way for doing this??? either change at airport or wiat until i see a bank on the way and ask him to satop so i can change some money???

what you think i should do????

thanks

Re: paying tax

Get enough for the taxi fare changed at the airport and change the rest when you get to the city center

The cheapest place to exchange lira for baht is at your home airport in Spain. They are eager to get your business so they give you the very best rate. If you're willing to exchange the equivalent of US$500, you can save over 70 baht for the exchange.

Be sure to have at least 2000 baht, however, for transportation to Pattaya. If you arrive at night, be sure to have at least 10,000 baht in hand because you can never be sure your credit card will work for late night checkin. Pays to be safe!

Your ATM cards may not work in Thailand, so be sure to bring enough cash for your trip.

Liked: 1

I have always found that the airport banks on arrival offer exactly the same rates as their downtown branches. I always bring dollars in cash and change 1,000 at the airport on arrival. BTW most regular travelors to Thailand should have a few thousand Baht left over from their previous trip that will more than cover a Taxi fare
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked

There's this neat, new invention called an ATM. They work great.

Quote Originally Posted by jacklipton
    The cheapest place to exchange lira for baht is at your home airport in Spain. They are eager to get your business so they give you the very best rate. If you're willing to exchange the equivalent of US$500, you can save over 70 baht for the exchange.
    That is a complete crock of shit. For one Spain doesn't use Lira they use Euros and Italy who did use Lira changed to Euros years ago. Airports in Europe are the worst place to buy foreign currency.

Example: Today in Heathrow airport you will get 48 Baht to the pound and possibly pay a commission. In Thailand Today you will get 52.90 with no commission payable. A difference of 10 % more in Thailand

Jack are you pissed out of your mind today?
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Relax, just use one of the many AMTs at BKK...

Liked

yes, ATMs are available everywhere - almost one on every block or two. And make sure you tell your credit card company you are going to Thailand. There have been some stories of travellers having their credit/debit cards blocked because the bank feared they had been stolen and were being fraudulently used. Doing that might save you a nightmare.

Forum's veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RichLB
    There have been some stories of travellers having their credit/debit cards blocked because the bank feared they had been stolen and were being fraudulently used. Doing that might save you a nightmare.
    Do it, tell your bank or card company, my card was blocked in Australia, it took a very long expensive phone call passing security questions etc. to get it unblocked.

Re: paying 4 taxi

My VISA Card was blocked at Christmas and although I got through to them in the UK without too much difficulty they said that because of holiday the department I needed was "closed for two days" so that left me unable to use the card.

I never travel without some alternative source of funds and don't rely just on ATMs as I've had problems repeatedly in Thailand.