Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate fashion faux pas?

The ultimate fashion faux pas?

My Thai boyfriend loves giving me presents. It doesn't have to be a special occasion but Christmas is an obvious excuse.

His presents tend to be a bit "unorthodox" and also tend to highlight the difference in taste between us.

His fashion sense is, in my opinion, very questionable so the clothes he buys me can be a bit of a mixed blessing. Bright blue shorts with yellow spots and bright pink t-shirts are not to my taste so it takes some tact to explain why I don't spend my time with him dressed in the clothes he's bought me.

This Christmas he gave me two pairs of "toe socks". I didn't know that they existed so certainly hadn't given him any reason to think that I needed any.

In case anybody is also unfamiliar with them they are socks with individual "toes" like the fingers on gloves. Putting them on was tricky and they looked ridiculous. They were also too small which was my excuse as I explained that Farang feet are not suited to them so I had to leave them unworn. I also did my best to discourage him from trying to find some larger ones.

On my return home I showed them to friend who instantly exclaimed "What a good idea, you could wear them with flip-flops!".

Don't worry, he doesn't visit Thailand.

Re: The ultimate fashion faux pas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kun Jon
    My Thai boyfriend loves giving me presents. It doesn't have to be a special occasion but Christmas is an obvious excuse.

His presents tend to be a bit "unorthodox" and also tend to highlight the difference in taste between us.

His fashion sense is, in my opinion, very questionable so the clothes he buys me can be a bit of a mixed blessing. Bright blue shorts with yellow spots and bright pink t-shirts are not to my taste so it takes some tact to explain why I don't spend my time with him dressed in the clothes he's bought me.

This Christmas he gave me two pairs of "toe socks". I didn't know that they existed so certainly hadn't given him any reason to think that I needed any.

In case anybody is also unfamiliar with them they are socks with individual "toes" like the fingers on gloves. Putting them on was tricky and they looked ridiculous. They were also too small which was my excuse as I explained that Farang feet are not suited to them so I had to leave them unworn. I also did my best to discourage him from trying to find some larger ones.

On my return home I showed them to friend who instantly exclaimed "What a good idea, you could wear them with flip-flops!".

Don't worry, he doesn't visit Thailand.

He plainly wants you to look completely ridiculous.

As for the reason.................

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Actually he wants to please me but our tastes conflict. But that simple motive is obviously beyond the understanding of some. It's sad to think how much such cynics miss.

Actually he wants to please me but our tastes conflict. ...
    Perhaps he should have bought you a 9 inch dildo :dontknow:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

LOL... that's cute.

You should wear some of the stuff he buys you.... it's fun to be adventurous and it'll make him happy. He probably goes to a bit of thought to buying these gifts and his reward is seeing you happily enjoying them.

Look if you boy friend bought you blue short and yellow top then WEAR THEM!

Liked

Bright blue shorts with yellow spots and bright pink t-shirts
    sooo gay :rolling:
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Liked

It's obvious your boyfriend is an arse hole, and an unbelievably stupid one at that. Why would the fool buy you dumb ass presents like that? I'm sure the cow is spending money that you gave him for crap you don't need or want. I can tell from the way you write that this idiot has hurt your feelings deeply and is probably too stupid to cross the street on his own. I say get rid of the little wanker, your better off without the ignoramous. Your boyfriend is a maroon.

Liked

" ... My Thai boyfriend loves giving me presents ... "
    I wish!
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Author: Diec ┬╗ Sat 16 Jan, 2010 7:56 pm

It's obvious your boyfriend is an arse hole, and an unbelievably stupid one at that. Why would the fool buy you dumb ass presents like that? I'm sure the cow is spending money that you gave him for crap you don't need or want. I can tell from the way you write that this idiot has hurt your feelings deeply and is probably too stupid to cross the street on his own. I say get rid of the little wanker, your better off without the ignoramous. Your boyfriend is a maroon.
    What a nice post...certainly brightened my day. Thanks, Diec, for taking the time to share you thoughts with us.

In many ways, the way the Thai boy was thoughtful represents everything all of us know and love about the guys in this wonderful culture. Playful, sweet and completely disconnected with the thought that there's any right or wrong way to try to please us.