Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya first impressions

Pattaya first impressions

I've been here just over a week now. Is Pattaya always like this, a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale? Is there anything else to this town? It seems that if you're not getting laid you should be getting pissed. I'm constantly being offered "young girl, young boy, ladyboy, fucking show" as if tourists cannot be interested in anything else.

On the Board there seems to be a never ending game of "spot old friends using a different name" where everyone's post is pored over and dissected for similarities. I'm willing to join in. Beach Bunny and homintern are the same person. They both and only they use the phrase "I'm only here for the laughs".

Liked

Re: Pattaya first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I've been here just over a week now. Is Pattaya always like this, a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale? Is there anything else to this town? It seems that if you're not getting laid you should be getting pissed. I'm constantly being offered "young girl, young boy, ladyboy, fucking show" as if tourists cannot be interested in anything else.

On the Board there seems to be a never ending game of "spot old friends using a different name" where everyone's post is pored over and dissected for similarities. I'm willing to join in. Beach Bunny and homintern are the same person. They both and only they use the phrase "I'm only here for the laughs".
    I have to disagree Homitern was an extremely witty man and I have had many chats with him on the old chat program.. BB is not in the same league.

What were you looking for when you came here. Where do you go looking. I do not have that problem in Pattaya. Maybe I brush it off before it starts.

Tell us about where you have been , what you like and where, what you have disliked and where and why.

If you are a gay man then. why are you in areas where you are offered by touts underage girls and boys.

You have found this forum too late but hopefully before you end your trip.

Help us to help you by being more specific. We dont want to know where the touts are located.Please do not include in your reply.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Have you considered playing golf ? Many people come here to do nothing else.

I think the OP, if interested in a seaside holiday, would find Cha Am-Hua Hin more to his liking.

Speaking for myself, if Pattaya were not "...a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale", then I guess I would not bother coming here. :-)

Liked

The OP says:

"I've been here just over a week now. Is Pattaya always like this, a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale?"

The answer to this question is :

Yes.

Why do you think most people live in or visit Pattaya?
    it ain't for the museums, thats for sure!

Is Pattaya always like this, a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale?
    Let me guess, you went to Pattaya just for the politics and free wi-fi connections? Your posts on here have been more bizarre than most.

Liked

It seems that if you're not getting laid you should be getting pissed.
    You're forgetting sticky rice! :-)

Really though, you came to one of the largest red light districts in the world. What do you expect?

You're forgetting sticky rice! :-)

Really though, you came to one of the largest red light districts in the world. What do you expect?
    Boys, boys, boys...you have to step back and realize that NOTHING will ever prepare anyone for what Pattaya is the first time they come here. Quite simply, there is no place on earth that comes close to our beloved Sin City in terms of gumption and sheer audacity. Even today, I'm stymied and tongue-tied trying to explain just what Pattaya's nightlife is truly like to friends that have never been to Asia. I've never come close to doing it justice. Even Bangkok- BANGKOK- does a better job of disguising itself, with the myriad of sois shooting off Silom and Suriwong, only hinting at what lies beyond. Pattaya is in-your-face love-it-or-leave-it...we don't give a rat's ass!

Andrew, the best thing you can do is decide what YOU like to do and build your stay around that. Stay away from anything that sounds too good to be true, stay away from drugs and underage situations (99% of which are all BS to separate you from your money quickly anyhow) and watch your imbibing and your money. Think of it like Vegas, where its good fun to admire all the trappings and pretty distractions, but when it comes time to play use your common sense.

There are all kinds of guides to use in order to decide where to go and what to do. Lonely Planet, Fodors and TripAdvisor are just a few.

Liked

I think you've hit on two good points and believe it or not, they are sort of related to one another.

When I walk through Pattaya, I usually know where I am going...perhaps that look of determination (and a smile of course - after all this is the LOS - and I usually have that "I'm getting my fill already...thank you very much" smile on constantly) and don't get too many propositions...be it from the Indian tailors on beach road or the sex hawkers along Pattayaland. My b.f. on the other hand, who prefers to trail behind me...usually with that open eyes (just got off the bus look) and rarely a smile (not because he isn't getting it - but because he's thinking about the next one - that he hasn't got yet) does get propositioned. Pattaya is no different than Bangkok for propositionsтАжin case this sort of think really irks you.

The same applies at SGT....and as mlomker pointed out, in reference to your participation in the Free WiFi thread, your posts don't have that "I usually know where I am going" assertiveness that attracts the attention of both idiots and trolls. Ask whether it would be appropriate to go out wearing a caftanтАжyouтАЩll see! You donтАЩt need to have been to Thailand before to navigate yourself around the SGT without that open eyes (just got off the bus look), in your posts. Especially if you are a writer тАжalbeit a rather paranoid writer (Where have you been before this mainland China, The Middle East?).

IтАЩm sure, if you want some good information about Thailand, PattayaтАжwhatever, someone here will be able to provide it for youтАж.provided you ask the right questions. If you are a writer, that shouldnтАЩt be too difficult for you. When you pull your net in, not all the responses might be helpful and you post might get hijacked into something entirely differentтАжbut IтАЩm relatively confident you will also find information in that same net that may be of help to you. If you are working from a lap top, you may want to compose your posts in MS Office or Open Office first to clean up the spelling / grammar, now that youтАЩve admitted you are a writer.

The Ignore, Friend / Foe function as well as the many other resource based functions that SGT offers are also quite helpful for filtering out the junk.

Good LuckтАжChok Dee!

.....a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale....
    You don't half talk crap!

In all my visits to Pattaya I have been completely unable to find either a gas mask or a decent pair of wellington boots or authentic swastika armbands!

Sourcing the rubber gloves and a suitable boy has been no problem at all - but without the rest of the outfit I end up having to simply yank myself off day and night - so I might as well stay at home.

I'm very disappointed and I'm considering taking my custom elsewhere in future!

:hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: