Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Dusit D2 Baraquda Pattaya

Liked

Dusit D2 Baraquda Pattaya

Has anyone stayed at this hotel and can give an informed opinion? Is it gay friendly? How far is it from Boyz Town? Comments appreciated.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Dusit D2 Baraquda Pattaya

Unless you're handicapped, it is only a 15 minute walk to Boyztown (but it may take you another 10 minutes to cross busy 2nd Road. A buddy of mine stayed ther and was quite pleased (cant' go wrong, it is new.) The bar (take the outside elevator to get there) has been promoted as a "gay venue" but when I went there back in early October , it was dead.

Liked

Hi stayed for a few days back in January,without a doubt it is very gay friendly and in fact the Thai guy on the desk who i think was one of the managers was as gay as one could be, nice young man.I didnt stay for any of the themed enterainment they lay on as i was out to boyz town most nights. The room was very nice and the shower room was rather quirkey as it was a glass wall where anyone else in the room could look throu and see you showering, which for me was fun. I didnt pay any joiner fees for the guys i took back then you do pay a lot for the room to begin with. I only stayed a few days as i went up to Chaingmai for the most part of my holiday.
    Hope this helps.
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Liked

15 minute walk? You must walk really slow. It is basically next door to the Avenue shopping plaza. Maybe a 5 minutes walk to Boyz Town. As you say crossing the street might take a little while, but Pattaya seemed pretty quiet to me when I was there last week so it wasn't so bad to get across the road.

I stayed at the relatively new Fraser Resort which is more or less right next to Royal Garden Plaza between Beach Road and 2nd Road. I got a decent advanced booking/prepaid rate. The room was a little odd. And the bathroom had a bit of a sewer smell to it. But that could just be the norm for Pattaya. I thought it was OK, but I would probably stay elsewhere next time.

I did not take anyone back with me. But I saw some other guests bringing girls back. It appeared that security was having them leave their id at the front desk. I spent my evenings in Sunee...15-20 minutes walk max. But I do tend to walk pretty fast when there is no one blocking my way.

Liked

Could not be more gay friendly. Much of the staff is Gay.

I took at least 6 guys during my stay. they take id and call when boy leaves. No charge.

Almost across from Royal Garden Plaza so maybe 10 minutes to Boystown or 2 minutes on baht bus

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jolyjacktar
    The room was very nice and the shower room was rather quirkey as it was a glass wall where anyone else in the room could look throu and see you showering, which for me was fun.
    Quite practical, actually. If you're not showering with your trick du jour, you can still keep an eye on your wallet and other possessions while showering.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Liked

Thank you all for your contributions. I have booked for 5 nights in January after 2 weeks in Bangkok.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I haven't stayed there but went and had a meal there some time ago... it's a fantastic place and the rooms are great. Only downside is the location is a bit crap... a few streets back from the beach and overlooking a busy road. But then Pattaya isn't the most attractive looking place anyway... so not sure what would be a "good location" there.