Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Where Americans Die Abroad

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Where Americans Die Abroad

Interesting... I did a search for non-natural deaths in Thailand for a recent year. Suicides and motorbike accidents seem to dominate.

Lots of suicides for a land of smiles...

It's Land of Smiles for the Thais.

It's mostly Land of Losers for the farangs who wash up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    It's Land of Smiles for the Thais.

It's mostly Land of Losers for the farangs who wash up here.
    I don't see the connection between the statistics in your link and your conclusion (but, as I am often reminded, I am not a statistician) - after all, even in their own countries, 50% more Americans reportedly commit suicide than Thais (as a % of the population).

I also find it difficult to know what else would be considered preferable - homicide, terrorist action, plane crashes, ferries sinking, drugs, volcanos, lightning strikes, executions, alien abduction ?

It is worth noting that few countries make these statistics clear by giving them as a percentage of the overall number of holidaymakers or expat residents, but leaving that aside the overall numbers for the US, as an example, are as follows:

Top 5 Countries for Non Natural US Deaths

Mexico 651
    Iraq 82
    Costa Rica 69
    Thailand 67
    Germany 63

Total Number of Non-Natural Deaths abroad: 2029

Vehicle Accidents 677
    Homicides 580
    Suicides 289
    Drowning 265
    Air Accidents 66
    Terrorist Action 54
    Drug-Related 59
    Maritime 22

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No matter what country one goes to, they take themselves with them.. Of course, so obvious , but losers
    think that if they start fresh in another country that somehow their lives will change and they will stop
    being losers.

Since so many have major issues with alcohol, their problems just intensify with cheaper drinks and so
    many bars. A drunk is a drunk no matter where he is..

Many farangs have no life in their home countries and no family or friends. Losers tend to find each other,
    drink together and bore the shit out of everyone within earshot. :alc:
    There are so many with personality disorders and real stupidy :tard: abounds.

After all, you can reinvent yourself in Thailand, create a new history and be a barfly. Big deal, one bar bans
    you, you move on to another and there are always new farangs coming to town, who aren't warned about you
    and are too polite to telll you to piss off..

When the shit finally hits the fan, as it always will, you can always try to fly or end up in the sewer ..
    Unfortunately the flotsam and jetsam of the western world will continue to wash up and wise farangs
    learn to avoid them at all costs..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Dickie,
    I was actually referring to all farangs including the breeders. Some of the biggest losers I have met
    are heteros and my guess is that they have a higher % of losers than us queers, but just an opinion.
    I perfer to think of fellow posters as fellow eccentrics with a few bad apples tossed in as well...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    Dickie,
    I was actually referring to all farangs including the breeders. Some of the biggest losers I have met
    are heteros and my guess is that they have a higher % of losers than us queers, but just an opinion.
    I perfer to think of fellow posters as fellow eccentrics with a few bad apples tossed in as well...
    Thanks for the clarification, Cat. Those expats and frequent flyers I know are good men if not a little eccentric. The flotsam and jetsam that wash up in Thailand were boneheads in their home countries and continue so as evident by their posts on this forum.