List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A dangerous lesson, you should read?

Re: A dangerous lesson, you should read?

Sorry to hear about your problem but I'm glad that you got to a doctor. I've had the anal warts version of HPV before and it is an unpleasant thing to get rid of. I can see how having it in your throat would pose a much larger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by let me tell u
    if they participate in this very dangerous unhealthy, sexual act.
    I'd agree that having a lot of anonymous oral sex in restrooms poses a health risk. Were you honestly not aware of that before you started doing it?

I'm personally not willing to give up on oral sex. I find a guy that I like and I stick with him for the duration of my stay. Having sex these days definitely involves managing your risk but you'll never eliminate it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

LMTU - EW - BU - etc.... thank you for sharing here another version of what you'd posted to the forum mentioned in the original post "Should we start a charity drive for LMTU?" but what is posted here is a different diagnosis and prognosis. The link to the external site is still there, for anyone who wishes to read whatтАЩs on the other forum, and there's a lot there in your thread.

I understand the desire to keep details of your illness private here where people (I won't mention names but there are acronymic clues at the beginning of my reply here) post such nasty nonsense all too often, but when your reported facts are readily available on another forum where you received more than generous sympathy and support, you might consider either posting the same facts here or declining to state anything. Either would be better than spinning a tale, IF thatтАЩs what youтАЩre doing yet again. Note I said IF.

I won't copy/paste any of your ongoing story from the other forum here now, but I read all of it up to your final post on 30 October. If Geezer is correct in posting тАЬI saw LMTU ,Bottoms Up, Ear Wig, R&R, Hey Gay. etc. several nights ago in Sunee Plaza. He seemed his usual boisterous self. I spoke with friends who conversed with him. They noticed nothing which would cause concern,тАЭ then your post of 30 October sounds less than truthful. The visible symptom you reported on the other forum would be more than obvious in public today.

If your condition has now been тАЬdowngradedтАЭ to what you report on THIS forum, I hope youтАЩll go back and report that same news on the OTHER forum, too. There are people who genuinely NEED the support that folks were giving you (needlessly, it seems).

Again, I wouldnтАЩt wish the condition you reported on the other forum on my worst enemy тАУ and as much as I am sorry youтАЩre back here under an old handle to spout your nonsense yet again, I wouldnтАЩt wish it on YOU, either. Good luck with your treatment.

PS тАУ Use condoms. If this new version is true thereтАЩs no need to spread it any further.

Liked

I must protest!

The first post in the thread, Should we start a charity drive for let me tell you? lists me as the author. I did not write it.

Although I did initiate the thread my post was deleted. If a moderator wishes to delete my post, or even the thread, fine -- but a different message showing myself as the author should not have been substituted.

Among other things my post voiced concern for LMTUтАЩs situation. Without the link which appeared in my post ( link deleted AGAIN and no further comment - jinks )the entire thread is nonsense. Please do not attribute it to me.

This comment should have been posted in the original thread, but it is locked.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I thought geezer's post on the thread he authored was a bit cold hearted. I know geezer along with
    travellerjim and PatttayaMale played a big part in aiding/helping Allan (Pattayagay) in his last weeks and were angels of mercy :love4: , imho.
    The fact that geezer's posting was changed explains things.
    Standing by sick friends, especially when they are terminal is not easy or pleasant and it takes a special
    man to do so.. I place geezer in that category.

I did receive a pm from lmtu and he appreciated geezer opening up the subject as he thought he
    wanted nobody to know, but later realized it was a good thing to bring out in the open.
    I also think lmtu's message about the HPV vaccine was an excellent one as many of us put things
    into our mouths without latex (ugh). I didn't know there was a vaccine or anything about it..
    It could be a life saver.. :happy7:

Banned
    Liked

Having read the above, I think LMTU should be congratulated on the sudden, marked and welcome improvement in his command of the English language.

Whilst not yet perfect, range of vocabulary, phraseology, syntax, grammar, punctuation and, of course, spelling have all improved beyond recognition. Keep it up LMTU!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    into our mouths without latex (ugh). I didn't know there was a vaccine or anything about it..
    It could be a life saver..
    Gardisel is a vaccine designed for women who often get cervical cancer from the hpv virus.Now they want to give it to young men. Unfortunatley for older gay men it is probably too late as most of us have been exposed to hpv already. The vaccine works well if you have not been previously exposed. Next to hiv,this virus scares me more than most other std's.It can cause head,neck and tongue cancer,and penile and anal cancer. No sense worrying about something you might never get(cancer),but dont swallow and use condoms all the time to avoid the risk. Doctors consider you promiscous if you have had more than five sex partners in your lifetime. Haa!.

Liked

lmtu wrote:
    The reason IтАЩm telling you this, if youтАЩre like me and are a sucker for big boys, go and have the HPV vaccine will save your life or at least save you from the treatment,
    There is no HPV vaccine for men. The HPV vaccine is for girls and women. It has not been tested yet to see if it is effective for men.
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rincondog
    lmtu wrote:
    The reason IтАЩm telling you this, if youтАЩre like me and are a sucker for big boys, go and have the HPV vaccine will save your life or at least save you from the treatment,
    There is no HPV vaccine for men. The HPV vaccine is for girls and women. It has not been tested yet to see if it is effective for men.
    Whilst looking for general info on HPV,I googled and got this lengthy wikpedia reference.It gives a run down on all countries and US states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HPV_vaccine#Australia

Some disturbing extracts----

Condoms protect against HPV, but do not completely prevent transmission.[33][34][35] College freshmen women who used condoms consistently had a 37.8% per patient-year incidence of genital HPV, compared to an incidence of 89.3% among those who did not.[33][34][35]

No data is kept by the U.S. government on genital wart incidence rates,[36] however it is estimated that in the U.S., at any one time about 1% of adults who have had sex have genital warts.[37] It is estimated that about 20 million people are presently infected with HPV, and there are about six million new cases of HPV every year in the United States.[37]
    ----------------------------

Vaccination of males

In the UK, HPV vaccines are licensed for boys aged 9тАУ15.[45] On 9 Sep 2009, an advisory panel recommended that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) licence Gardasil in the United States for boys and men ages 9тАУ26 for the prevention of genital warts.[46] The vaccine has been FDA approved for use in males age 9 to 26 for prevention of genital warts.[20]

In males, Gardasil may reduce their risk of genital warts and precancerous lesions caused by HPV.[3] This reduction in precancerous lesions might be predicted to reduce the rates of penile and anal cancer in men.[3] Since penile and anal cancers are much less common than cervical cancer, HPV vaccination of young men is likely to be much less cost-effective than for young women.[47] From a public health point of view, vaccinating men as well as women decreases the virus pool within the population, but is only cost-effective if the uptake in the female population is extremely low.[48] In the United States, the cost per Quality-adjusted life year is greater than $100,000 for vaccinating males, compared to the less than $50,000 for vaccinating females.[48]

Gardasil is in particular demand among gay men, who are at higher risk for genital warts, penile cancer, and anal cancer.[49]

As with females, the vaccine should be administered before infection with the HPV types covered by the vaccine occurs. Vaccination before adolescence therefore makes it more likely that the recipient has not been exposed to HPV.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Poster banned here, but returns under an old name that he has always insisted has no connection. Geezer posts a link to this old name posting on another forum. Moderator rewrites Geezer's post for him, and removes link, twice.

How to go from pariah to protected in one easy step. Get an STD. :laughing3: