Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deals on Flights????

Deals on Flights????

Anyone know of any good deals on flights for mid June. Most likely fly Eva out of Newark but also considering the Thai flight out of JFK but also open to other suggestions.,

June is the beginning of the US "Summer Season" and fares go way up compared to April/May. I am flying in June also, and I could not find any "deals" on my preferred airlines (EVA and THAI.. I prefer economy Deluxe seating). EVA and Thai were the same price, so I went with the Thai flight since it's non-stop. The best I could do was get a $200 discount by purchasing the tickets from a local thai travel agent rather than directly from Thai airways. I don't know how they do it ( I didn't want to ask too many questions) but the price I was charged was $200 less than printed on the ticket.

Liked
    I've only flown the Thai nonstop out of JFK, but it was well worth the money. To the best of my knowledge, the regular economy seats on that flight have more legroom than any other airline's economy. I flew premium economy and enjoyed it, but you should be aware that all you are really getting for the extra money is a wider seat with more legroom, no real extra service. Food is the same as regular economy, but quite decent and there is, of course, alcoholic beverage service. The inflight entertainment system is outstanding, with "various channels for passengers such as selection from 30 films, 70 documentary films, news from the worldтАЩs top news agencies, video language lessons including Thai." You also have a selection of more than 100 music CDs.

The basic differences in the JFK-BKK flight classes are:
    * Royal Silk Class: 60 seats, seating offers 60-inch (five feet) pitch, with 170 degree recline for sleeping in 2-2-2 configuration, 10.4 inch video screen.
    * Premium Economy Class: 42 seats, seating offers 43-inch pitch in 2-3-2 configuration and 135 degree recline with leg rest, 8.4 inch video screen.
    * Economy Class: 113 seats, seating offers 37-inch pitch in 2-4-2 configuration and 125 degree recline with foot rest, 8.4 inch video screen.

Liked: 1

World Cup Soccer June 2006

June is low season in Thailand. Certainly there are usually low cost flights from Europe and prices increase sunstantially at the end of June or Early July when the schools break for the Summer holidays and tourist numbers soar. This year with The World Cup Soccer in Germany, June tourism will be very low, there should be super bargains around for flights and hotels. I once got a return flight UK-Florida for ┬г50 including a two week car hire!! That was World Cup Soccer. These offers are often lat minute.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

TeePee.. yes June is Slow season in Thailand. Unfortunately, the Airlines price by the Season in the country you are DEPARTING from. June is the start of the summer vacation time for americans and europeans, so the prices Leaving there go up.

Manfarang. Those extra 6" of Seat Pitch makes the difference between a miserable flight and a comfortable one for most of us 6 foot and over guys...

Liked

Do you have any Thai FF points

I have found that as long as I have some FF points I can purchase the necessary additional points to

get an award flight. In high season it works out cheaper than buying a ticket.

I just went to the Thai website and the rate offered

1055.00 + 163.00 taxes x 1 Adult = 1218.00 $US

Dont know what fares you are looking at but am interested to see what you can get down to.

TG791 june 8 non stop
    TG790 july 10 non stop
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Thanks

I have enough miles on NWA to upgrade but find it next to impossible to get an upgradeable seat. In fact in two years of trying have not been able to use the mileage. I am 6ft 3 in so the ectra leg room is extremely important. I checked the thi web site and got a 1500. fare so I guess I'll need to go back and recheck it. Thanks for the info.

Re: Do you have any Thai FF points

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    I have found that as long as I have some FF points I can purchase the necessary additional points to

get an award flight. In high season it works out cheaper than buying a ticket.

I just went to the Thai website and the rate offered

1055.00 + 163.00 taxes x 1 Adult = 1218.00 $US

Dont know what fares you are looking at but am interested to see what you can get down to.

TG791 june 8 non stop
    TG790 july 10 non stop
    But it is difficult to find availability for award seat in high season.

I booked my flight from New York April 20 back May 8
    I tried on line and with Calling them directly price for premium economy was $1750 .00
    Then the gave me the # of Star Tours in California 1-323 644-1063
    I spoke to Fon and got the price for $1545
    This comes with 110% miles for my star alliance miles
    Got the seats i wanted also.
    Hope this might help
    If you need any more information pm me i am on the east cost of the us its the only
    way i go any more so much nice that going threw Chicago

Star Tours - Hollywood

Yes, Star Tours in Thaitown (Hollywood) is a great place for Americans to get a bargain on flights to Thailand. Also, they can get you a much better deal on Thai Airways domestic (inside Thailand) flights and mail the tickets to your U.S. residence prior to flying.

I go there in person sometimes. Creepy staff, but give terrific discounts. Beat the lowest prices qouted by the airlines, Orbitz, Travelocity or Cheap Tickets every time.

Not sure how it works either. When I fly from LAX to Ninoy Aquino International Airport, a taxi in Manila brings me to a Chinese business in Ongpin and I am given a cash rebate on my airline ticket. Also, this jewely store provides a coupon for 20% discount at various mainstream international hotels.