Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for Koh Samui

Liked

Recommendations for Koh Samui

I plan to spend 3-4 days in Koh Samui on my trip to Thailand this early August. Now I know that it's mostly a family-oriented place so probably there are no gay venues, but I'm hoping on apps to provide me some Thai company even when I'm there.

What do you guys think is the best area to stay in there? Seems like the biggest town on the island is close to the airport. Would that be good spot.
    Do hotels in there have the same lax attitude of BKK hotels when it comes to having guests over?
    Of course, I don't want to stay in some resort on the more remote part of the island.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Recommendations for Koh Samui

Quote Originally Posted by infoarmor View Post

Of course, I don't want to stay in some resort on the more remote part of the island.
    Actually that's the only thing I liked about Samui when I last visited.

Great place for a short getaway with a "Boy Special"...but I wouldn't go there unhitched.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I went there once, in 1996. I liked the beaches and stayed in a beautiful hotel right next to the sea at Charweng. I enjoyed a good boat-trip to some uninhabited islands.
    In those days, I was looking for company....and I found none . There were ladyboy shows, I recall, if that floats your boat. .

Liked

Hello infoarmor,

I wrote this trip report for Koh Samui from my 2014 trip there as a solo traveler.
    I had lots of fun - but it took more effort and this was before the apps that we have today - that help us to accelerate to meet the guys.

My trip report includes a map of the small gay area - which might help you to understand what is still open today in 2022.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ht=trip+report

I hope that you will write a trip report for your stay in Koh Samui so we can compare notes.

Enjoy and good luck,

Martin

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (June 12th, 2022)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkmfj2648 View Post
    Hello infoarmor,

I wrote this trip report for Koh Samui from my 2014 trip there as a solo traveler.
    I had lots of fun - but it took more effort and this was before the apps that we have today - that help us to accelerate to meet the guys.

My trip report includes a map of the small gay area - which might help you to understand what is still open today in 2022.

I hope that you will write a trip report for your stay in Koh Samui so we can compare notes.

Enjoy and good luck,

Martin
    Thanks for your reply Martin. Your trip was in 2014 and looks like at that time dating apps in Thailand were in the early adoption phase.
    (Wonder when they really took off in Thailand?! I took a break from visiting the country from 2012-2017 and it went from pretty much seeing no one on Grindr, to meeting every guy through Grindr and Hornet.).
    Being a small place might have indeed been difficult to find guys.

I'm actually staying 2-3 weeks in Silom during this trip and the purpose of going to Koh Samui is to get a break from the frenzy of BKK for 3-4 days.
    I had a layover in Koh Samui on my way to Krabi three years ago and found the area around the airport very beautiful, much more so that even Phuket. As you said, it reminded me of Hawaii.

So, the plan during my stay is to just relax, enjoy the beach and one of the days do some excursion around the island.
    That doesn't mean though that I should give up the pleasure of a smooth Thai body in the comfort of my bed. I explored Grindr and Hornet and found some profiles, though the app never tells how far exactly the guys are.

Seems my best bet is to stay around Chaweng beach in case I want to explore any of the more gay-oriented venues and the beach itself seems to be decent enough.
    The hotels in there are also probably more tolerant to having guests over, though I never had any issue with that on all the different places I've been to in Thailand.
    Not sure if the massage places you mentioned in your post are still opened. They are not listed on the travelgay website, but looks like Pride Bar is still going strong.

I'll write a report after my trip.

Liked

A friend of mine who lives in Koh Samui that there is a gay resort in there called Alpha. It throws a twice-a-week clothes-optional pool party.
    I'm more inclined to stay somewhere because even though Alpha is close to Charweng Beach, the location is not ideal and the rooms looks just so-so.
    However, I want this info to be in here for future reference for any guy interested.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Infoarmor,

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to Samui?

I know this sounds like a ridiculous question, but you failed to indicate exactly what it is that you're interested in - and the reason(s) why Samui is on your list.

Honestly, what I remember most about my trip to Samui was the overwhelming feeling of excitement and sheer exhilaration as I sat in the Samui Airport waiting for my return flight to Pattaya.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Infoarmor,

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to Samui?

I know this sounds like a ridiculous question, but you failed to indicate exactly what it is that you're interested in - and the reason(s) why Samui is on your list.

Honestly, what I remember most about my trip to Samui was the overwhelming feeling of excitement and sheer exhilaration as I sat in the Samui Airport waiting for my return flight to Pattaya.
    I'm just staying there for three nights. I want a beach-and-nature break after a 2.5 weeks of BKK's hustle and bustle.
    Also, only found out last week that this Taiwanese friend of mine is ow living there with his Polish bf. He is the one that suggested the gay resort.
    He is also said that there is a gay bar, but as I said I'm not sure if I want to go as my purpose in Samui is just sheer relax, but with the enjoyment of a Thai twink after dinner.

I might go with him and his bf though at a nude beach in there, so overall it should be a good time.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 1st, 2022)

Liked

I'm just staying there for three nights. I want a beach-and-nature break after a 2.5 weeks of BKK's hustle and bustle.
    Also, only found out last week that this Taiwanese friend of mine is ow living there with his Polish bf. He is the one that suggested the gay resort.
    He is also said that there is a gay bar, but as I said I'm not sure if I want to go as my purpose in Samui is just sheer relax, but with the enjoyment of a Thai twink after dinner.

I might go with him and his bf though at a nude beach in there, so overall it should be a good time.
    Is there any gay-scene in Koh Samui, with f.e. bars with boys to off?

Liked

As far as I know, public nudity is prohibited in Thailand, even prosecuted. If at all, a nude beach can only be on private property. If there is such a place, let us know.

13. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (July 31st, 2022)