Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
Saunas across the world represent another victim of the apps. Just like go go bars.

I for one miss them. And Babylon was the best by a mile.
I loved Babylon in its first incarnation at the top of the soi. Far more Thais than farang in the early years and most of them young. By the time it was established in its second much larger location the balance seemed to change with often more farang than Thais.

I think it was around that time that Chakran off Soi Aree opened. In its early days it really was a piece of heaven and on a par with the first Babylon. Filled with younger Thais, with quite a few either looking for or perfectly happy to hook up with farang. Although a lot smaller than Babylon at that time, with its Moroccan theme, small swimming pool, extra large jacuzzi and steam room plus all the other usual sauna facilities it was a great place to visit. I'm not sure when it changed to become much more Thai for Thai or Thai for Asian but I am told there are now very few farang. If memory serves, it was the first sauna to offer an all nude area.

Heaven near the river end of Silom is stilll open. Accordingly to my bf he's been told by some of his friends that there are still more than a few farang around.