Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone reside in Chaing Mai?

Liked

Re: Anyone reside in Chaing Mai?

Ah, yes. Tintin.

We have a member here with that name. He told us that he got the name from the cartoon series.

Mind you, he hardly ever posts; all he ever seems to do is go to the trouble of logging on just to give likes to Matt and surfcrest. They're his favourites. Then he strangely disappears.

Liked

This is a difficult one.
    If it's a 50/50 in terms of truth then there's a 50% chance of making a bad situation worse for a blind man.
    If it is a scam then the scammer is a low-down scumbag because he compromises the credibility of the truely blind and he deserves all that's thrown at him and more.
    Even if the OP is truely blind I hope he agrees that an emergency Wet-Backing across the Mae Nam Cong to Laos under the cover of darkness will be problematic for his pursuers but not for him.
    So Nong Khai is best.

Liked

The Newspaper Headline.

Non Passport Holding Blind Canadian Illegal Immigrant Narrowly Escapes Thai Authorities By Swimming Across The Mekong River With His Laotian Boyfriend, Two Dogs And Computer With His Life Savings In Bitcoin Stored On It's Hard Drive.

Did I miss anything out?

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (September 4th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (September 4th, 2017), christianpfc (September 12th, 2017)

Liked

amusing thread. Keep it up.

Does Leo actually exists ? He will now have to travel quite a bit farther for this trips into Lao, I am guessing he either crossed FSB 1 or FSB 2, and is now looking at a considerable longer journey.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Which is why I suggested the convenience of Nong Khai. Oh, and if he should attempt to swim across the Kong, he'll no doubt be bringing a waterproof bag containing the implements he uses (while sightless) to prepare his "kick ass chicken cordon bleu".

Liked

In a statement, Police Colonel Thickasshit Djathinkweareyoutwat said regarding the fugitive.
    "This is unbelievable. It's like he vanished into thin air. Almost as though he doesn't exist."

8. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (September 4th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

On the assumption that he does exist either in this universe or an alternate one, seems like for Leo's sake, Chiang Mai is the worst choice. Going north from Chiang Mai, through Chiang Rai, to the Thai-Lao border crossing at Ban Houayxay, it would take 24-36 hours on a series of buses to reach Vientiane. Whereas if the happy couple stayed in Issan, Leo could cross the Friendship Bridges at Vientiane, Nakhon Phanom or Mukdahan. But no doubt there's sound reasoning underpinning the choice of Chiang Mai. Or maybe it's just not possible for him to read a map any longer.

Liked

Why would we want to live in Nong Khai? I've been there multiple times, and it's even worse than Khon Kaen. We're trying to move forward in life, not backwards.
    If you really must know why Chiang Mai, multiple reasons:

1.) It's a more modern city.
    2.) It's a well known tech hub, and I happen to work in the tech industry. It's a bit of an "underground" tech hub, but it is there. Still uncertain as to why the Thai government hasn't capitalized on that. They could probably turn Chiang Mai into another Ireland if they wanted.
    3.) There's far more opportunities available to Leo in terms of work and education.
    4.) I have a great idea for a business, but it's a localized concept. Khon Kaen is simply too small, but I think Chaing Mai would be excellent as a launch pad for a test pilot, and to get proof of concept.

That, and I just want to buy Cumin again. Khon Kaen hasn't had it in over 2 years.

3.)

Liked

+arsenal
    But of course he DOES exist somewhere in the Multiverse,
    if that exists.

Liked

Oh dear.........
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    If you really must know why Chiang Mai, multiple reasons:

1.) It's a more modern city.
    It's become a too modern city, which has been allowed to develop madly without any infrastructure planning. If you're gonna build loads of new condos, electricity, water and road access are things that should be considered in the initial planning, not as an inconvenient after thought. Then there is the little issues of a city built on a flood plain in an earhtquake zone. There is a reason all the old wooden houses were built on pillars above ground.

2.) It's a well known tech hub, and I happen to work in the tech industry. It's a bit of an "underground" tech hub, but it is there. Still uncertain as to why the Thai government hasn't capitalized on that. They could probably turn Chiang Mai into another Ireland if they wanted.
    Tech Hub? After running a tech company here for many years I must have missed something...... A tech hub needs technically qualified people. The city may be full of Digital Nomads with lice breeding beards, but almost none of these are making money. Indeed, most don't know where their next beer. shag, spliff or even meal is coming from (unless they have daddy's trust fund), but they seem happy "living the dream". The people who are making money in the tech industry in CM keep a very low profile and don't associate with others. As for qualified Thai employees, nuff said.

3.) There's far more opportunities available to Leo in terms of work and education.
    I used to have a Laos BF in Chiang Mai, lovely guy. But, third class citizen even behind the Shan/Tai Yai. Don't expect too much.

That, and I just want to buy Cumin again.
    Cumin can be arranged in Adams Apple, about 500 Bt per shot... served on your table, Makes a nice sauce for the free pop corn LOL

Again.sorry to be negative, but the reality sometimes doesn't match the dream.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

13. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (September 5th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (September 4th, 2017), christianpfc (September 12th, 2017), Smiles (September 5th, 2017), Tintin (September 5th, 2017)