Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first visit to Saigon, Vietnam, and I need info please

Liked

Re: My first visit to Saigon, Vietnam, and I need info please

Where was this guy actually from ? He does not look much like a Vietnamese, although I suppose there could be some interbreeding.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Where was this guy actually from ? He does not look much like a Vietnamese, although I suppose there could be some interbreeding.
    I'm guessing they use fake photos because they don't want to use their real faces, as they don't want friends or their family to know they are MB's or they may not be attractive? Lots of competition out there, so they use a photo of a more attractive person!

Before I make arrangements to meet, I alway ask to see more photos, how old is that photo, and ask them if that is really them in the photo/s?

Then I politely make it clear to them, if they turn up and they do not look like the person in photo, I will not go with them.

So far I have not had any problems, apart from the odd two or three who just look older that their profile photo, but still attractive to go with.

I remember on one occasion, one guy told me upfront that the profile photo is not him, and he sent his real pic, which he was much better looking that the pic on his profile. And when he turned up, he was very good looking. I politely told him he should change/update his profile photo.

Liked

Agreed, his profile photo doesn't look anything like Vietnamese, but looks good, right?
    It's all latintopxxx's fault, in another thread he said that if he was a bottom (as if he isn't), he'd rather go to Brazil. So I picked Brazilian looking guy. Of course I like Brazilian guys, but I also prefer to remain alive, so Rio is out of the question. Doesn't matter, it's all latintopxxx's fault anyway!
    But he looked good, no reason to use fake photo on profile, unless it's about discretion and anonymity.

He has one more photo on his profile, here:

Screenshot_2018-11-01-19-15-42-917_com.blued.international.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    I'm guessing they use fake photos because they don't want to use their real faces, as they don't want friends or their family to know they are MB's or they may not be attractive? Lots of competition out there, so they use a photo of a more attractive person!
    According to my taste, the guy in post 10 is LESS attractive than the typical under 30 year old Vietnamese. I like cute twinks and wouldn't even bother to contact this one.

Then for the type of people who want that kind of guy, if someone completely different shows up, they are going to be disappointed.
    Conversely, if I found the kind of slim smooth guy I like and this one from post 10 turned up instead, I would be sending him away.

Liked

I was in Saigon/HCMC in February.

The apps are busy (Grindr, Hornet and Blued). Most guys with shirtless (and faceless) pics in the apps will be looking for money (massage/MB). Going rate is as low as 500k VND and if the guy is hot/gym fit body closer to 1,000k VND. If a guy accepts < 500 VND you need to be careful and most likely he will look nowhere near the pics he sent you. I agree with then previous posters that you need to ask for more/recent pics, ask if these pics are his etc. before agreeing to meet. Apparently, VN guys have no issues using fake or misleading profile pics (even if they didn't really need to do it as they turn out to be attractive when you meet) - I guess it may be for privacy reasons/to be discreet.

I had no issues bringing guys to my room at the hotel I stayed (they asked for his ID at the reception). I stayed at one of the many hotels on/near Ly Tu Thong str. near the Ben Thanh market in Distr. 1 - in general Distr. 1 (or Distr. 3 or 5) is the place to stay for tourists.

"Thi bar" on the busy Bui Vien street is a gay bar (but nowhere near the gay bars in Soi Twilight in BKK). There are others gay friendly bars as well.

6. User who gave Like to post:

goji (November 4th, 2018)

Liked

Thanks Speedoo1 -that's good information.
    Would you mind giving us a few more clues about which hotel please ?
    Hopefully, they are mostly tolerant of joiners, however maybe it's safer to stay at one which is known to be OK.

Liked

That is no secret. I stayed at the Silverland Yen hotel. A new and great hotel - gets excellent reviews on Tripadvisor (but also a bit pricy compared to other hotels in the area). You could also consider the nearby but less expensive GK Central hotel or Lavender Boutique hotel (I didn't stay there but went in and inquired about prices etc - as for the Lavender Boutique hotel I visited a guy there and saw the room - very nice indeed). It seems that the Lan Lan 2 hotel is closed now - it got good reviews and was praised for its flexible policy about guests visiting you in the room.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (November 4th, 2018)

Liked

the pink tulip hotel.right in the middle of the nightlife center but not noisy and is gay friendly and run by a really nice dutch guy , can highly reccomend

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (November 4th, 2018), paperboy (November 9th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bazzabear View Post
    the pink tulip hotel.right in the middle of the nightlife center but not noisy and is gay friendly and run by a really nice dutch guy , can highly reccomend
    That looks like a good tip, so much so that I googled it, with the intention to put it on my shortlist for future use.

However, their website contains the following (extract):

"The owner of the property we rent from has sold it.
    As a result, we soon have to let our Pink Tulip child go.
    As of November 1, 2018, our Pink Tulip Hotel is no more.
    But from February 2019 we will start raising our second child under the name Pink Tulip Hoi An.
    We hope that with you as a guest, friend and family we can let our second Pink Tulip child grow up to become another home for you far away from home."

Liked

That looks like a good tip, so much so that I googled it, with the intention to put it on my shortlist for future use.

However, their website contains the following (extract):

"The owner of the property we rent from has sold it.
    As a result, we soon have to let our Pink Tulip child go.
    As of November 1, 2018, our Pink Tulip Hotel is no more.
    But from February 2019 we will start raising our second child under the name Pink Tulip Hoi An.
    We hope that with you as a guest, friend and family we can let our second Pink Tulip child grow up to become another home for you far away from home."
    thanks goji that is usefull information for me too, he had told me that he was trying to buy the hotel opposite the pink tulip as to expand , but looks like he had a change of mind , will definitely try this new hotel when i visit hoi an next. so thank you