FAQ & Help

Thread: Can Booze Bring Back Sunee?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Can Booze Bring Back Sunee?

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Then once we are here, the bars need to attract our business. Bars like Winner or something along the lines of past favourites like Euro Boys or Eros would get me in. Nice Boys can forget it, since I don't come here to see podgy guys covered in tattoos.
    I hear you loud and clear.

As much as I always enjoyed Sunee, that last few years (before the pandemic) was getting dreadful. There were too many retired song teaw drivers posing as gogo boys around the scene, and not enough boys of staff in general.

The bar owners should go back to the Plan that worked years ago. Hire a seasoned ladyboy mamasan who knows how to recruit, train and manage the type of boys that the customers want.

As much as I've heard punters complain about the slim twink-type pretty boys over the years, believe it or not, those were always the most popular boys who got offed the most frequently. The muscle-bound MAN BOYs were (are) also popular, but with a smaller slice of the market.

Nice Boys is a perfect example of "what not to do". Beer and Mak started recruiting the type of boys THEY prefer (mostly macho types) which turned off a lot of their previous clientele - and then kept the same ones on stage for an epoch until they could hardly see off the stage with all the cataracts in their eyes. There are a couple of really decent guys there - don't get me wrong, but they would make better chess partners than sex partners.

The only chance Sunee has of survival is the return of enough gay tourists to keep the bin full - and experienced mamasans at the helm who know what it takes to keep the customers satisfied.

Mamasan Jack from the old Euro Boys immediately comes to mind - may she rest in peace.

2. User who gave Like to post:

goji (December 11th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I hear you loud and clear.

As much as I always enjoyed Sunee, that last few years (before the pandemic) was getting dreadful. There were too many retired song teaw drivers posing as gogo boys around the scene, and not enough boys of staff in general.

The bar owners should go back to the Plan that worked years ago. Hire a seasoned ladyboy mamasan who knows how to recruit, train and manage the type of boys that the customers want.
    I largely agree, although if they can get cute boys without a ladyboy mamasan, even better. Having said that, I don't recall a nuisance in your face mamasan in places like Euro Boys, Eros or Happy Boys. So perhaps a balance can be struck.

As for the board member who doesn't like skinny lads, well he always had the option of going to A-Bomb....

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 12th, 2021), Dodger (December 11th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The bar owners should go back to the Plan that worked years ago.
    And how often have you seen gay venue owners do what is logical? Hardly ever! Western logic is not similar to Thai logic.