Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
Mango Square is the area where many mid-range hotels are situated.
Just for clarity for those thinking of visiting - I was told that the main Mango square area is now a mere shadow of what it was bar wise and that the bar area has shifted down towards the docks area. It was a farang who'd told me that and personally I found it hard to believe and I have tried to check with a few PH friends from there but never got a clear answer, so perhaps someone could confirm ??

Also whilst as mentioned Cebu isn't exactly a tourist mecca there are a few decent(fish) malls etc and the apps will have you busy from morning to night if that's your preference ( almost TOO much actually !). Also there are many beautiful beaches and mountain areas not very far from Cebu and if you pick up a knowledgeable local I'm sure they can show you a good time.

One note of caution though in the Cebu is located in area area considered to be a possible risk to foreigners due to Muslim kidnap gangs etc ( and general robbery and the likes too) so it's defintely a place to check out about before you go and to be aware of what's going on there. Saying that when I last went for a 5 day trip I a ball, but that was more down to the guys I met and how busy the Apps were !