List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want a “Special Tourist VISA” Jump through these hoops first!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Want a “Special Tourist VISA” Jump through these hoops first!

A fee of 10,000 baht is only the beginning: https://pattayaone.news/thailands-sp...ils-including/
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    A fee of 10,000 baht is only the beginning: https://pattayaone.news/thailands-sp...ils-including/
    Extract from the article "Once they are tested negative for Covid-19 after the 15-day quarantine, long-stay tourists will have the freedom to travel as they please around the country with a mobile application that will track their destination".

I suppose the tracking data might look like this for some members ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. 7 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (September 26th, 2020), Brad the Impala (September 26th, 2020), christianpfc (September 26th, 2020), dab69 (October 10th, 2020), dinagam (September 26th, 2020), splinter1949 (September 27th, 2020), Zebedee (September 26th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    The requirement to arrive on a Charter Flight from Europe is a show stopper.

As far as I’m aware there aren’t any. (I don’t mean private jets!)

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (October 10th, 2020), Dodger (September 27th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No more hoops to jump through...the Special Tourist Visa has been scrapped.

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/tha...program-fails/

Liked

"With a mere 31 steps, mandatory 90 plus days of prepaid accommodation, travel insurance, charter flights needed to move around the country and a variety of other obstacles, receiving one of Thailand’s “special tourist visas” was never going to be easy – or cheap.
    And no, there won’t be any refunds".!!!!!

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/tha...program-fails/

Hope you don't mind me pinching your source Dodger, but no refunds after all that expense,should be shouted from the rooftops. Blatant robbery.
    Its certainly a "Special Visa " for sure!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    Hope you don't mind me pinching your source Dodger, but no refunds after all that expense,should be shouted from the rooftops. Blatant robbery.
    Blatant robbery on behalf of the Thai government ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Blatant robbery on behalf of the Thai government ?
    How do you think those Elite Visa holders feel. A million baht, which was supposed to include VIP treatment when you arrived in Thailand...with the small caveat being, you never arrive in Thailand.

10. User who gave Like to post:

goji (October 11th, 2020)

Liked

sorry, I'm confused - are we on facebook? twitter? or is this really sawatdee?

we are quoting from a "news" item on GodSAveThePoints.com, not a news organisation but a travel blog focused on maximising frequent flyer miles, hotel points, and flight reviews?

from the article the STV program "has been scrapped, or postponed indefinitely" and "in a stunning rebuke to future tourism, Thai Authorities say no refunds will be offered"

not even the Pattaya Mail or PattayaOne, hardly bastions of reliable news reporting, but at least news organisations, has sunk so low in their reporting of this so far.

The Khao Sod article published the day before that this quoted article is based on was much more measured when it said "The government will not offer them any refunds for flights ... since the delay is not officially considered as a cancellation of the policy. ,,, there’s no need for those refunds, because their trip is not canceled, it’s just delayed. ,... the tourism authority director said he’s confident the special visa will be implemented later this month"

The Bangkok Post article published the day after this quoted article similarly said "Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn confirmed that STV scheme will proceed as planned, though it might be delayed due to paperwork. ... There's no need for refunds because their trips are not canceled, they are only delayed, he said."

but yes let's all get our knickers in a twist about this spectacular failure and blatant robbery

and can someone explain to me the "31 steps" referred to in the article - the Bangkok Post graphic they link to only has 21 stages, some of which are not "steps" for the applicant
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 10th, 2020), dab69 (October 11th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    How do you think those Elite Visa holders feel. A million baht, which was supposed to include VIP treatment when you arrived in Thailand...with the small caveat being, you never arrive in Thailand.
    from the Bangkok Post, 9 October

At present, 14 Elite Card holders have arrived and completed a mandatory 14-day quarantine, while 34 members are undergoing quarantine.
    and the cheapest Elite Card is half that price, but I recognise a dead horse when I see one so I will stop wasting my time here
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 10th, 2020), Manforallseasons (October 10th, 2020), Smiles (October 12th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If this STV Visa is indeed cancelled I would be the first one to cheer from the roof tops, even though I was seriously thinking of applying for one. Perhaps it will be replaced by something far more practical, and rather less Thai style.

I too read on another news page somewhere that the visa had been delayed, rather than cancelled. This was due to some huge Thai event taking place simultaneously in Phuket and the organisers of that event did not want it to coincide with the trial return of foreign tourists.

The government agreed and delayed the flight. That’s why there are no refunds...its merely been delayed.

Wish I could find the article.